[se] the ocean soon enough
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
LENA
it's not a sad song
The inquiry made sense, and despite Lena’s occupation, she didn’t have any additional insight – the intrigue still there and worn and traced over multiple journal entries and questions to gods. “Only what everyone else has already experienced. Attacks. Dangerous plants. I’ve recorded quite a few,” she gestured to the basket still laden over her shoulder, full of information and notations. “But I don’t have any answers. I’m not sure any of us do.” Drawing another swipe of her paintbrush along portions of wood, she heaved a sigh. “Most will probably presume it has something to do with the moon island, but it started before that thing landed, so…,” ultimately, she didn’t know, and Lena wasn’t afraid to unfurl ignorance.

She could only shrug her shoulders too, but kept working. Forging onward gave her pause in its own stead, and though Maea’s reasoning for visits might have instigated a round of prying from others, Lena wouldn’t do the same. She kept her own traumas locked tight against her chest, and in her mind, she refused to pluck away at anyone else’s. “Where do you live now?” Instead, it was simplistic – since Torchline wasn’t offering any shelter at the moment.
if you follow me I'll sing the rest
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
"Hm, okay... So when did it start? I'm admittedly a bit behind on current events... but I've only seen these things appear after the moon fell." Thinking back to when she last read a Notice Board, she found the news to be sparse at best and non existent at worst. "At least nothing official has been posted about it where I've been able to read it. Not even about the flooding here; I was told about it by Hadama."

Between hammering and painting, they were making good progress on the wall, even with the conversation unfolding. "Honestly, I've been crashing wherever it's dry," she responded, amusement overruling any other sentiments when the topic touched on lodgings. "Ostensibly I live in the Grounds, but my lodging there got hit by the meteor shards... So technically I don't live anywhere." Which was fine, really. A bit inconvenient, and probably something to remedy before LongNight, but with only herself to think about and a good number of hiding holes it worked. Sort of.

"You're from Stormbreak, right? What's it like to live there?"
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
LENA
it's not a sad song
Dipping her brush back into the sealant, ready for another coat, her brows furrowed together in thought. “Around last season we started seeing them.” As for the Notice Boards, she couldn’t quite say – she’d been busy tending to the animals within the Celestine, and receiving news via passing citizens and constituents.

Roaming without a home sounded harsh and unrelenting to Lena, but she’d be the first to admit about their pampered lifestyle within Stormbreak – away from the barrier for hundreds of years, building and thriving while others were contained. “I see. Do you enjoy traveling, at least?”

Swiping another round of the watertight materials, she allowed the briefest hint of a smile. “I know we didn’t have the best reputation around the war, but it’s truly a wonderful place. Rich in history. We have temples, the Celestine, the barracks for the Dragoons, markets galore. It feels…safe.”
Maea Valair

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Maea
But take the pain
Humming thoughtfully, Maea added the information like a puzzle piece to the picture. "Is anyone compiling what is learned, do you know? Or is everyone keeping their own journal, so to speak?" There were times when she missed the Loreseekers. Back then, one could almost always find Jigano at the center of events, collecting information and passing it on to anyone who asked. While it didn't always make him popular, it had been very useful.

Considering the vagabondeering nature of her life over the past few weeks - and years - The Ancient shrugged. "It's alright, I guess. It's impractical at times, but at least there's a sense of freedom that comes with not being tied down to any one place." Smiling back at Lena, she hammered down the last plank on this section of wall, and began to climb down the ladder. "Maybe I'll stop by Stormbreak next... maybe it'll change my mind."
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
LENA
it's not a sad song
“I’m not sure. I haven’t spoken to many about it,” truth be told; head down, hard at work. She figured the notions would be getting more and more popular though. “It would be nice to know if anyone has consulted the gods about them too.” She’d intended to, but with everything else wiling away – perhaps she could find some opportunities.

She stroked down another portion of wall before maneuvering onward, still within speaking range of the Ancient. “Mm – I could understand that. But I have never felt trapped by my land either.” Whether or not Maea had – especially with the components of the Hollowed Grounds well before – Lena didn’t ask. But she smiled at the thought of more visitors coming to Stormbreak, rather than avoiding it.
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
But take the pain
Taking a step back to admire the work they had done, it took her a moment to answer. "Would you... like to maybe keep in touch, about what we find out?" she offered, a bit shyly. "If I find something new, I could share it with you."

Looking up when the foreman stomped by, Maea hung back nervously while their work was inspected. The gruff nod of approval eased her breath into a quiet sigh of relief. She stretched out her back.

"Looking good. Break for lunch in ten - there's a soup kitchen for workers a block over. Then you can start on the next wall."

"Thank you, sir." Maea turned to Lena with a grin. "Hear that?"
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
LENA
it's not a sad song
The offer surprised her, but the Caretaker couldn’t explain why. Eyes rounding for a moment, she then returned the sentiments with a nod. “Sure. I can’t promise I’ll find anything new, but if I do,” for she’d be busy tending to her own duties in between…but it was nice to think about trading information, rather than the notions of isolation and seclusion. None of them were on their own islands, even if it seemed or looked that way sometimes.

She stepped back upon the foreman’s inspection, dipping her brush back in while waiting. “Thank you,” came along her own quiet bearings, relieved that they’d done well, and that she hadn’t messed something up in the process. She gave a tired smile in Maea’s direction thereafter, a quick nod of agreement. “Yes. I could use a snack,” especially after all that work. “We can head over and then come back after?”

With her agreement, and work done for the instant, they could head in the direction, a little more tired but a little more accomplished.

{FIN}