if i'm breathing
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
karma's a relaxing thought, aren't you envious that for you it's not?
Yes, on the one hand, you might be like Flora, Torchline is a mess, get your priorities in order and stop asking the gods for shit. Or you might be like, Flora, didn't you literally just call down Rae, stop fucking showing off. Another way to think of it, though, was that when Safrin had left Harper and Hadama had been leaders, and upon her return, there was a new queen in place.

So while yes the girl absolutely wanted some shit, she also wanted to formally let Safrin know what was up.

Also, mind your business.

"Hey babe. Hope you're feeling better." Ronin of course had mentioned, briefly, what had happened with the goddess upon her return. "I know you don't need it, but this is my favourite lipstick, and I know when I'm feeling my worst, the last thing I want is to look it."

Flora is turning in her

mastered magical weapon given to you by your chosen deity
Receive a custom item-quest from a god

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
everything looks perfect
from far away
Safrin's situation is not one which feeling better really applies, though as she appears in a whisp of stardust, she nods her head slightly. Glancing at the lipstick, the goddess offers the Doubletake a weak smile, before waving her fingers that the offering might appear in her hand rather than having to bend down to pick it up. "The gesture is always appreciated."

Straightening, Safrin folds her arms across her chest and eyes the woman before her. "You know...there was a time I would have thought Frey was who you meant to align yourself with..." Never one to complain about followers, it still struck the goddess as worth noting.

In her palm a small speckle of starlight began to pulse and grow.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Having more or less expected this question from Safrin, it's with a rehearsed shrug and crooked smile that the Doubletake explains. "Yeah, when I was younger that was the thought. They were the one who aged up my twin and I, and when you're young and hormonal and named Flora, Sex and Nature Frey definitely had the monopoly on my interests." Oh, but then Flora had grown. She'd lost her twin, she'd seen death run rampant, seen the evils of life and been swayed by the allure of power and beauty. Meeting Safrin's eyes as best she could, Flora raised her chin ever so slightly.

"How could anyone not want to follow you?" She whispered, and though the words were rehearsed, they'd not lost any of their truth no matter how many times Flora had repeated them in her mind.

"I choose you. If you'll have me."

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
everything looks perfect
from far away
It was as satisfying an answer as Safrin might have wanted, all the more so because she hoped (nay, knew) how it must upset the girl's father. "Here." Reaching for one of Flora's hands, the glowing light in the goddess's palm suddenly hardens into a circle—a golden band—that she slips onto one of the Doubletake's fingers. "So that all might know your fealty, mmm?"

Smiling, Safrin straightens. "Now, what has brought you here specifically?"

Flora has received:

Signet Ring (Mastered) | A signet ring with the insignia of a Tide Jaguar When thrown, becomes a full-grown Tide Jaguar with the same HP as the user. The animal cannot do physical damage to others, and lasts 3 rounds or until it is killed. Can only be used once per thread.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Wh-" Lips parted, Flora nearly drops to her knees as Safrin takes her hand; not just to hold, but to bestow a gift. As if echoing the deity's own thoughts, the girl can't help by grin. "My dad is going to be so mad." She snickers, her voice nearly breaking with delight. Ronin of course would be over the moon, but Remi?

Swallowing hard and feeling as if asking anything at all of the goddess would be far too much, Flora nevertheless lifts her chin and settles her thoughts. "I want to be luckier." The girl says, as humbly as she can. "I can work on being stronger or faster on my own, but luck..." Flora shakes her head. "Sometimes it can make all the difference."

Change author:
Safrin
everything looks perfect
from far away
"Luck..." Safrin repeats, turning toward the Doubletake and considering her for a moment. There was a reason there was no easy way of increasing one's luck, save for simply being lucky. So it was that the goddess set her out on precisely that task.

"When you have finished, return to me and we'll see how much luckier you've become."

Rising, her smile weary but effervescent just the same, the goddess offered a last nod to Flora before vanishing in a whispered hush of moondust and starshine.

~FIN

Flora has been given a quest! She must experience 3 serendipitys that occur after this thread (9128).