Awake, Confused, and Hoping to Move On.

Age: 26 | Height: 5'2'' | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: KeebahSan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

CAELYNN

You wake up every morning to fight the same
demons that left you so tired the nights before.

This travel, these steps from her home to the port, have been the weirdest that she’s ever experienced. She’s never felt so new in a place, not even in a place she’s never seen before. How odd, to be in the location you’ve known as your home for your whole life and it to look so different. Just yesterday her plate was warm and her tea hot, sitting by the warmth to eat. Then today she wakes up, her meal is completely rotted through and dry, her drink cup empty with film of leftover tea inside the mug. A mug made by her father from her favorite crystal found in the caves they used to dive into nearly daily.

"What has happened?" She couldn’t believe her own eyes, telling her that her home is not her home. That she isn’t in The Climb, that she’s somewhere else. Deep down she knows she’s home, the lava and the heat, it’s the same, but it looks so *grown*. Her thoughts drift to how alone she feels, how this would be so much better with Frankie around. Taking in her surroundings she bit her lip her fang threatening to tear the soft muscle. Her tail tightened around her thigh for a second. She’d always preferred that it wrap around her leg, it kept her tail from being in the way of others and knocking things over or creating too much sound. Today she had to let her tail lose to droop to the ground and drag behind her, her stress causing the tail to tighten too much, restricting her legs movement.

Thinking to herself she trembled, Just breathe Caelynn. The flora, it’s similar, you know this place. This is home. Just go to the ports, someone will be there. Nodding to herself she adjusted her cropped off top, adjusted the hips of her long lightweight pants, and strapped her leather bag across her back.

Using the knowledge she had about the home she knew, she guided herself to the ports. When she arrived, expecting to see boats and sailors on the waters carefully tied a length away from the lava shores, she sighed and took a break on a nearby solid chunk of cooled rock that was once rolling hot magma. After sipping from her waterskin she looked around at the shore. Not a boat in sight. Running a hand through her hair she untangled some of her long dark curls from her wide rounded horns. The spikes that stuck randomly around the curl of her horns surprisingly didn’t cause too much of an issue with her hair this morning. Once again she scanned the shores, when a darkness covered where she was seat she looked to the skies, expecting to see cloud cover and possible incoming rain. That would explain the lack of boats and sailors. Instead, nestled above her and roped in safely, she saw something that nearly made her pass out.

A boat, flying above her head. "A flying boat. A boat in the sky like a bird. What the actual fuck? How? What in the fuck is going on!?” She looked at the skin on her arms to make sure they hadn’t gone dry and flaky like Frankie’s. If she were honest she might have admitted that she would have preferred if she had what did died of other than whatever the fuck was having her shitting herself seeing a boat in the fucking sky. Looking around frantically she looked for anyone that could help her. Am I high? Did I put those dangerous mushrooms in my tea again? I promised myself I’d never do that again. Her breathing ran ragged as she tried to scan the area for anything of normalcy.

That my love,
is what they call BRAVERY.
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
The Caretaker intended to fly her way home – but hadn’t just yet, banking towards the Climb rather than rounding upwards towards skyports or clouds, the yearning of curiosity, the potential of more void flora and fauna spottings, edging her onward.

The heat from the wake within blasted her in the face the moment she landed and shifted. It took another breath for her to recover, glad she hadn’t brought Mittens on this particular outing, for the poor companion likely would’ve melted, and despite its behavior, it didn’t deserve that.

The shores along lava were all encompassing anyway, and she wandered forward, content to hum under her breath, when another nearby seemed distraught? Surprised? While the outburst hadn’t been loud, it had certainly drawn Lena’s attention, head tilting vaguely, as the woman seemed confused by the skyboats.

And since these had been around for years now, perhaps that said more than the Attuned was meaning to pry. Instead, she remained calm and composed, her tone quiet and light as the frantic air seemed to inflate. “They are skyboats,” and she paused, only taking a few more steps, basket on her arm. “Do you need some help?”
little more like coming home

Age: 26 | Height: 5'2'' | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:

CAELYNN

In her frantic state she hadn't even seen the woman. Hadn't heard her approach until her voice rang in Caelynn's ears. "I think that might be rather obvious.." She huffed through her whisper in a sad and scarred way. Caelynn wasn't trying to sound annoyed, but she was beginning to grow concerned for her safety. Either due to the possible mushroom poisoning or some other magic affecting her. "Ummm.. Skyboats?"

Turning in a circle as she looked above her head she tilted her head further in confusion. Thinking to herself she giggled, Well it is a boat in the sky... That giggle turned into a full laugh. "I'm sorry, but I don't think that helped my understanding at all. Why is it in the sky? And how is it being held up?" Caelynn just couldn't believe it.

As she waited for the woman's response she finally shifted her head and body to look the woman over and take her in. She was pretty and Caelynn liked that she didn't seem like she was going to hurt her. Caelynn wasn't intimidated by the woman and her soft approach. She didn't doubt that the woman could intimidate her, but in the moment seeing another person made her feel calmer, safer.

"May I ask, how did you get here? Was it on the skyboat?" Suddenly she wanted to flood the woman with thousands of more questions, but she knew that wouldn't help her. Overwhelming the person wouldn't help her get off the island to start her explorations or explain why the world felt so different.

That my love,
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
Letting the rudeness of the statements pass over her, her disposition remained much the same, though with the slightest quirk of her brow, perhaps inclining towards kindness and compassion amidst the statements of confusion, but also a warning that she’d only permit so much discourtesy. The inquiries were enough to render her calm though, and perhaps worried for the stranger’s wellbeing. “Why don’t we sit over there?” Pointing to some rocks that weren’t surrounded by lava or magma pools, elevated enough to allow for some minor rest and repose amidst the sudden bout of turmoil for the individual. And even if she refused, the Caretaker could use the rest from her recent journey.

Persisting in acquiring one of the stones, she placed the basket in her lap. “Easier to travel that way for some. Not as many hazards in the sky as there are in the sea.” Ghost whales amidst the vast array of problems. “Perhaps some form of magic? They are relatively new. We didn’t have them until shortly before the war.”

Inquiries about her own state didn’t ruffle her either, though she took to rustling through the contents of her parcels. “I flew – I’m an Attuned.” Eventually her head reeled back up, and a hand extended. “I’m Lena.”

Change author:

CAELYNN

Caelynn slowly started to see that the woman might think she was going a little crazy. When she gestured to sit over on the rocks Caelynn nodded, "That sounds like a good idea." Once they were sat Caelynn took off her pack and set it between her knees. She relaxed and placed one foot up resting an elbow on it as she looked out at the sea in front of her. Her tail laid out behind them swishing softly as it tested the warmth of the area behind her naturally ensuring the area behind them wasn't too hot.

The woman mentioned a war and Caelynn cocked her head again. Her temples began pounding and she curled in closer to herself. Fear washed through her for a moment, starting to believe she wasn't even in her own world anymore.

When the woman explained her travel means Caelynn nodded, purposefully ignoring the war comment. "Ahh yes, gifted by the gods. How luckily! That is about the only thing that makes sense to me today." Caelynn smiled, and looked towards the sky happily as she remembered the kindness of her own god. "I'm Caelynn, an ancient. It's nice to meet you, Lena."

She watched the woman after shaking her hand. She had a wonderful basket with her and Caelynn liked the color of the material. "Come to see the caves? We have wonderful crystals here." She guessed, "I remember people visiting in the dozens to try and search the caves, not many were successful at finding the crystals." Shrugging she smiled, at the woman. Trying to make small talk to avoid another round of confusion, she wasn't sure how much she could handle in one day.

When she was good and ready and her heart had stopped pounding as if it was going to come out of her chest. Tentatively she whispered out her question. "A war?" She rubbed her thumbs into her upper arms after she hugged herself softly, "I know that my land is harsh and most don't prefer to visit here, but I do believe I would remember if a war had taken place. Many in my home would die to protect our land." She was realizing that so much could not happen overnight. It was like she had been quarantined off, left in her own little space while the world grew up and changed without her.

That my love,
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
It was intriguing to watch the fluctuation of moods and comforts on the other woman; perhaps eased by what she knew and understood, unfurling away from the confusion and chaos. While Lena wouldn’t and couldn’t comprehend how the Ancient had come to be this way, she still treated the parallels and notions with her residual kindness and softness, smiling along the introductions; something normal, something tangible. “Have you been here long?” Gesturing to the Climb itself – wondering if she’d simply lived here, and based on the inquiries, perhaps had been hibernating for some time.

The question made her smile – wishing it had been as easy as coming to see the remarkable, if not slightly dangerous, caverns. “I’d been hoping to catch sight of some of the void creatures. I wish I had time to explore more than that,” and she reached into her basket, handing over a roll she’d tucked away. While it wasn’t raw meat or blood-infested, it was still fuel. She peeled one away for herself as well, content to munch for a moment.

The following whisper might’ve made her wince, but instead her brow furrowed. Maybe it was fortunate to be ignorant of the plights – of the hatred and animosity that had spilled, and the Caretaker wished she could’ve speculated more on the aftermath of peace and repose, but as of late, there’d been more trials and tribulations brewing. “Between the Old Gods and the New – have you heard of the Voice?”

Change author:

CAELYNN

The question made her giggle, “All my life, 26 years. She remembered all the good times, all the fun she had. It seemed easy to talk to the woman, with the weird day she’d had, that ease felt like cool water on a hot day.

“Have you ever visited The Climb before?” Stretching she watched the woman tentatively, softness crept across her usual stiff and bitchy face. If she was being honest with herself, which she usually was, she’d realize how odd of a conversation this had to be for Lena.

Listening to her describe what she was looking for Caelynn found herself with another round of new questions. She thought back to her walk to the port, ”Void? What is a void creature? Do you mean like gore crows? They can be kinda gross, their eyes look like deep voids of darkness. The flowers look a bit weird, like regular but different. I feel as if I’m in a whole new place. Be careful when you adventure.” After a soft smile in regard to the crows, Caelynn watched the woman move and offer her something wrapped, “No thank you, I ate on my way here. You’ll need that if you plan on adventuring out here.”

Caelynn took in the question, thinking long about the topic and the idea of new Gods. “New gods? Have the others left us? Has Dygra left us?” There was a brief moment of confusion and sadness before her heart settled, almost as if she knew Dygra hadn’t left them. “No that doesn’t feel right. A war between the new and the old gods. How sad that they couldn’t share. Sorry but I have never heard of this Voice. Is that your god?” Curiosity framed her face as she looked at Lena again. “I apologize, but this is all so much to take in. Have you really got the time to sit here with me? I could walk with you. Help you explore? That way you get your information and I hopefully figure out how and why my world has changed over night?”

As she asked her own brain recognized the issue with inviting someone you don’t know into a dangerous place like the wilds of the Climb. Neither of them knew what the other was capable of, how could she not ask though. Taking up Lena’s whole day would be rude, and honestly she wanted to explore a little bit too. Determine if her world really was a little different than when she fell asleep.

That my love,
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Something wasn’t quite adding up, but Lena surmised all of this with barely a quizzical brow. Perhaps the other woman had simply remained within the Climb the entire length of the war, years leading up to it, and then thereafter? Otherwise, how could she not know the results of such catastrophes? Trying to make sense of it, the Caretaker persisted in her softer ambience. “You’ve never left? What was the last thing you remember?” Maybe she’d been in some sort of stasis? Hibernation? Or merely a recluse – away from all the hindrances of the world.

“A couple times,” she hummed, though she didn’t relay any of those particular memories. Some had been wondrous, some had been peculiar, and some had been terrifying. With her food offer refused, Lena picked at another corner, striving to come up with suitable answers – because at various intervals, she didn’t have all the necessary information. “They seem to be altered creatures. For example, there have been some, besides gore crows, that have taken on a peculiar and dreadful quality.” More so than the normal habits of the beasts. “Wine spiders, and the like. I wanted to know if there were any others here.” Her head tilting, she nodded along. “You must be careful too.”

She blinked at the array of other inquiries, and then had to wonder how no one had heard of the Voice – who’d lingered along for three hundred years. “The New God was the Voice. No other god has left us – she was just arrogant enough to try and rise against the Old ones. She didn’t succeed, and has since been defeated.” But she shook her head at the implication that the Voice would’ve been hers, the very notion horrifying. “Goodness no – I follow the Nature aspect of Frey.”

A light laugh followed though at the other presumptions. “It feels fine to rest before moving on – it’s quite all right. Let me finish some food and then we can explore.”

Change author:

CAELYNN

Caelynn couldn't believe her ears, war, new gods, what was next? After a few moments she rubbed her brow and watched the waves of the water as they crashed into the rocks nearby. The sound had a soothing effect on her. "I left once when a few years ago. I went and saw Hak Etme and explored the islands flora. My parents were herbologists and I learned my love of nature from them. It was beautiful, I remember the beautiful flora. That was the only time I left. We came home and I spent the rest of my life caring for a loved one I lost recently. I'm only just now getting to explore again."

"Well I hope your visits have been nice! And you've never seen the crystal caves? You'll have to venture in on one of your trips." She listened contently though her mood had been soured a bit by remembering the way her best friend died even under the best care that she and the herbs could do. Not even the most beautiful and large Rae's Lilies had the healing properties to save Frankie. No amount of prayers to Dygra could have healed him, Caelynn understood that sometimes it was just a person's time to go. It must have been his. Shaking it off she turned her attention back to Lena.

Listening intently she cocked her head, "Sounds peculiar. I haven't seen any on my trip here, but I didn't look close enough at the fauna to really tell. After the first sighting *and scenting* of a rotten Spinebloom I practically determined that I was going insane." Caelynn held back a gag at the memory of the spineblooms horrid scent. "Yes, careful indeed. Caelynn began to look around, wondering how and why her world seemed so different.

Caelynn laughed at her explanation of the Voice. "How ridiculous. Dygra has been a fine god, a fun god. I cannot imagine another god wanting to push Dygra around. Dygra is a handful at times and enjoys the games. I cannot imagine a full-on war between the gods, how could I have missed it? I had to have missed it. There's no other explanation." Caelynn shook her head in shock at herself and what she was learning.

Nodding Caelynn blushed at the woman's laugh. She hadn't meant to be funny she was all around anxious and suddenly embarrassed. Coming off as if she was rushing. "Of course." Caelynn sighed in content setting her face into the light breeze that washed over them. "At least the weather is beautiful today. Caelynn made herself laugh, with the craziness that the rest of the day had been from waking up until now, the weather being the calmest and most comfortable made her laugh.

As Lena ate she made small talk, hating to sit in silence with the way she felt. On a normal day, this silence would be beautiful, but today was anything but normal. Her anxieties begged her to quell them, and she only had one way to attempt that. "Longheat must be close. I figured we'd have another 30 mornings before the weather started to get this warm again." Her body acted as if the heat was no bother to her, her skin seemed to glow in the sunlight as if it hadn't seen the sunlight in some 300 years. Her hair as vibrant and soft as it was blew so lightly in the breeze as if every strand had been waiting to get out into the wind again. Today felt different, so different that she'd hoped it was all a dream. That she'd wake up in her bed breathing hard from some sort of psychological nightmare, yet her body knew. She was awake. Anxious, scared, confused, and awake.

That my love,
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Taking another portion of bread and chewing thoughtfully, Lena still couldn’t get an accurate read on timelines or moments. Anyone could’ve ventured forth amidst herbs and flora, and likely at any interval too – and maybe it didn’t matter, in the grand scheme of things. It might’ve assisted in some confusion, but Caelynn would have to experience the multitudes as they came at her, however chaotic or grand. “That sounds nice,” to have had those instances.

She shook her head. “I haven’t – though they sound wonderful. Is it very far?” She didn’t know all the twists and turns, and could readily admit that. “Maybe we can go in that direction. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw some creatures on our way.” The notion about the Spineblooms though had her mind running, and she intended to make a note of it when she was able.

Portions about gods were more familiar though, and maybe more comforting in Lena’s line of work and worship. “Dygra didn’t seem to be around at the time. It was primarily between the Voice, and therefore the Core, and the Old Gods. Many of their followers clashed with one another.” A glossing over of events in leading up to the cataclysms - it hadn’t been without death and desecration – layers of portions falling to pieces.

The mention of the season gave her pause too, finishing off the portion of bread and dusting off her hands. “Oh, we’re in the middle of Longheat now.”

Change author:

CAELYNN

Caelynn sighed and pulled her hair from her face and horns as the wind blew past them again. The day was early and the breeze was still beautiful. Thinking about the distance from where they were to the caves she cocked her head, "Entrances to the caves can be found all over the Climb, but if you really want rare gems you'd have to search in the mountains and deep under in the hotter areas." She was thinking deeply about the places she and her parents had adventured. "In the caves near the mountains are plenty of smaller beautiful colored gems, those are 12 to 20 mornings away I'd say. Thinking again she hummed to herself, "Then the gems deep in the hotter places would be under the lava, if you're traveling safely I'd say anywhere between 8 to 15 days of travel there and back. Closer to 15 for the whole trip."

Caelynn smiled and shook her head, "We may be able to find a cave entrance and explore, but I doubt we'd be able to go deep enough to find any gems before the boat of the sky leaves." Biting her lip she looked at the woman, "It does leave the Climb right? Goes other places like a boat on water?"

Listening contently about the war of the gods made Caelynn more and more uncomfortable. Hearing that her god wasn't around at the time shocked Caelynn. "Dygra is involved, nurturing, and playful. I don't see her stepping away from that kind of chaos or us... her followers. Wouldn't we feel and know if she was gone?" Caelynn chose to believe that she could feel her god around all the time. If she wanted to she could kneel right here and pray. The confines of shrines when praying made no sense to her, though she knew that anywhere other than a shrine for offerings would make for plenty of awful messes lying around. They had enough of that when bloodlust hit each month. "I can understand some other gods' followers clashing with us, followers of Dygra and Drygra themselves." She chuckled softly and bit her lip holding back the fear. Thinking of a period without Dygra in her life, if Dygra would have left, made a depressed feeling wash over her.

"There's no way... I was making stew three days ago. It is hot enough to be Longheat. It's just... not too long ago it was Deepfrost, it really can't be Longheat yet. He only died four Deepfrost's ago, I celebrate every season. I just celebrated." Standing she paced a few steps away then turned to stare around at her environment, "Well... the ground does look like it has more flora, more heat waves coming off the rocks. Longheat it is..." She couldn't imagine missing a season celebration for her best friend. Honoring a tradition they had done since childhood, really it was just a dinner with a mention of the change in season but it was an excuse to be together nonetheless.

That my love,
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
She listened to the description of the mountains and their caverns, but her eyes widened at the notions of time spent within. Laughing around another piece of her roll, she shook her head. “Oh, I can’t be gone that long.” Dusting her hands off, she stood once more. “But that’s all right. I don’t mind seeing the entrance and then heading home.” Exploration and curiosity would be somewhat sated, at the very least, and she could always return another time. Her eyes went towards the sky boats at the inquiry. “They can. But I’ll probably just fly.”

Hitching the basket further up her shoulder, she waited and listened to the rest of the comments; still uncertain on timeframes. Did Ancients go into some sort of hibernation? Or had she merely lost track of the time? Maybe it was easier amidst the caves. “I don’t know much about Dygra, unfortunately. There may be some books in our library though.” The Collegium stored a vast number of tomes – perhaps answers could be found there, amidst the stacks.

The denial of the seasonal change had her brow arching though – and she didn’t have anything suitable to justify the swift passing of time.

Change author:

CAELYNN

"Well, however unfortunate, I hope you can come back another time and adventure to find the gems." Watching her hitch the basket up further on her shoulder Caelynn smiled, "You can lead the way. I apologize for taking up the beginning of your time here on my woes. I do appreciate your help, Lena."

As they began to walk Caelynn listened to Lena carefully. "Dygra is wonderful. I would love to read what the books say, I wonder if there is any truth to them. I haven't been to a library since I was young. My parents only went to turn in papers on their studies. We never stayed to read any of the books."

Caelynn looked at the ground as they walked away from the shore, then she paused. "Do you actually mind if I go with you to explore a little? I'm sorry I should have asked that sooner." Caelynn nervously rubbed her palms together brushing the sweat that accumulated into her skin then onto her pants. Adjusting her pack she brushed the awkwardness off and decided that she could face whatever answer Lena had for her.

If Lena didn't want company Caelynn would merely venture closer to the boat in the sky. She'd shout out and see if anyone could tell her how to get on it. Then she'd see what she could trade for a ticket away from the magma island she was born and raised on. If Lena didn't mind the company she'd walk with her, hopefully help her see a few fauna and flora of the area. Maybe she could make a friend. Was she ready to make a friend? It was best not to get her hopes up, she'd be better off just having acquaintances anyway, right?

That my love,
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
“No need to apologize. I’m happy to help,” which was the truth, and she gave another genuine smile before beginning to round over towards one of the cavern entrances – glancing upwards, studying rock formations, the swell of heat already beginning to intermingle over her skin. “Well, if you ever find yourself in Stormbreak, certainly check out the Collegium.” She’d be able to peruse the columns and tomes at her leisure, and hopefully find something there insightful or inspiring.

At the question, Lena glanced over her shoulder, head tilting vaguely. Calm and compassionate still, the benevolence remained – no need for it to shatter or disappear. “I don’t mind at all. I’d rather have someone experienced here anyway – I imagine it’s easy to get lost.” Pathway upon pathway, maze upon maze, a crimson labyrinth. She grinned again and then persisted around an initial bend, eyes going for the shadows, then adjusting her gaze entirely to the darkness; animal inclinations and half-shifts. “What’s your favorite part of the Climb?”