listen when there's no sound
for Kalt
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150
Ashe
Love the way your love keeps me up high,
Cause in your hands i become a believer
and i dont have to hide away my ugly side

The barrier had fallen. Finally it came down, and as left in awe as she was by the stunning forest that waited for them… There was a single priority that dominated her wanderlust.

Safrin’s pendant was as weighty as her oath as Ashe made her way silently into the Atheneum, blue cloak softly rustling behind her in the gloom of the evening. Every nerve in her was screaming to go. Go find Mort, go and bring Ronin back. She swore she would, and the last image she had of him was the pain and betrayal in his eyes her blade scraped against his bones, slid between his ribs and -

Releasing a huff of breath as they entered into the massive and still crumbling library, Ashe quickly slipped her hand into Kalt’s feeling him by her side as well as within, leaning into the bond. Real. She glanced up at him, squeezing his hand before she paused and looked outwards. She'd hardly been able to close her eyes without being greeted by that sight.

While she wanted more than anything to go and find the god of death now.. Kalt had tempered her impatience and need. There was research to be done, and if her talk with Safrin had taught her anything? It was that she knew precious little about this world and its gods. If she was going to demand Ronin’s soul back, to bring him back from the dead, then it would do her well not to go into this blind. ”How in the five hells do they organize this place?” she muttered.
cause i become such a
beautiful creature
in your eyes.
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
kalt
The question isn’t
who will let me;
but rather, who’s going to stop me

He walked into the Atheneum with Ashe, a small grin on his face. The Atheneum had become like a second home to him, and he was learning all the books and crannies in the building, commuting them to memory and using them at his own convenience. He had also begun working through the vast amount of books and tomes and whatever else was in there to make sense of it all. His perfect memory allowed him to put a book down and remember exactly where it was when he came back. The only downside is that people kept moving shit. Bastards…

Kalt returned the small squeeze that the raven-haired girl gave his hand, and his eyes scanned the large room. He smirked slightly at her and shook his head. “They don’t,” he told her. “And they fuck it up when I try to do it.”

Granted, his method of organizing was pretty damn unique to his own mind, so it wasn’t like anyone else would have been even able to follow whatever nonsensical organizational patterns he had set out.

His hand released hers then and found the small of her back, brushing across it as he walked by her to approached the shelves and shelves of information.

Their focus in being there was to gather as much information on Mort as they could, but there was a surprising lack of available information that he had seen thus far. Gods and their annoying habit of being all mysterious… That shit got old.

He approached a few books that he remembered had some kind of information about the gods, and then reached for a few that had symbols pertaining to the deities on the bindings. Whether they would be helpful or not, he didn’t know, but it was worth a shot.

A crooked grin on his face, he handed two of the books to Ashe and nodded his head to a quiet corner of the Atheneum where they could spread the information all out if need be.
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Ashe

The weight of Kalt’s hand upon her back was grounding before he moved towards the shelves, and she smirked slightly at his remark. His systems were enough to make anyone mad, and she had little doubt the Loreseekers had their own system for the books here. She moved after him silently as he began sorting through the tomes that might give them the insight they were looking for. She didn’t expect answers exactly, but at least she would know something more than what she currently did.

Ashe dragged her eyes away from Kalt and to the library, truly absorbing the sight for the first time. Upwards there spiraled level after level of shelves and books that curled around the intact the walls of the building, shelving filling the empty space as well and reminding her of the spokes of a wheel. Ashe peered upward, following the books and works that held information on a world they didn’t know.

The assassin felt a tug at her heart - longing. How long had it been since she’d let herself get lost in a book? Be it research or some fantastical story, there had been time where she never went without some sort of reading for the day. She remembered well the libraries of the capital: ornate candelabras and magically lit chandeliers, along with gleaming marble floors, large mahogany tables with red velvet chairs, a slumbering fire, mezzanines, ladders, railings, and then books - books, books more books. Like a city made entirely of leather and paper and words.

Ashe was pulled from her reverie as Kalt handed over two heavy tomes, and she couldn’t help but return his easy smile. So much of her tutoring had been in those massive libraries, even in the sprawling one they’d had at the Keep. There was a familiarity to approaching one of the tables, sitting down in one of the chairs to place the books on the tables and move into their pages. Like they were slipping into the ruins of memories in this place.

As she glanced down the pages that began explaining the basics of the gods she understood a bit already - their names and their roles. She only half paid attention to what she already knew, her mind picking apart what she didn’t.. the other half opened up herself to the bond, to the closeness of Kalt. Fire-blue eyes flicked up to him for a moment, for once lacking the ring of gold and peering at him with a gaze that was wholly human and wholly open. ”Do you think this place was once like the libraries back home?” With the telepathic words came a flicker of her own memories through their soul-tether: the two of them draped across couches with books open before them, grinning down at him when she climbed shelves, her frustration and determination when they were younger and he tutored her in reading and writing.
cause i become such a
beautiful creature
in your eyes.
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
kalt
The question isn’t
who will let me;
but rather, who’s going to stop me

As they settled down together, Kalt put four books to the side and focused on the one he pulled off the top of the pile. Flipping carefully through the old pages, his eyes scanned over the words rapidly, committing each one to memory to pull from later on. His method of reading was aggravating to most, as he could read an entire novel in literally less than ten minutes. Likely how he got through medical school so quickly. Unlike Ashe though, he rarely got lost in stories. His analytical mind didn’t allow for that, but he wondered what it would be like to be so enraptured in a book for hours or days on end.

A half smile broached his lips when Ashe opened the shared memories they had of their learning back in Northwind. His eyes flicked up to hers, and he raised a brow. “Doubtful. In size, maybe, but not in grandeur.” He has started to doubt that there was anything in this world that could match their former home in the incredible displays, but after the barrier came down and they were met with lush, thick forest, his doubts were put on hold. At least for now. Who knew what was to come? A certain level of skepticism was healthy.

He released a soft sigh through his nose and brought his eyes to their surroundings. He had been within those walls quite a few times, he hadn’t found too much to be in any kind of uproar over - good or bad - so nothing was really worth mentioning. Well, other than that little trip into the book where he had been blessed with a rather...voluptuous...female form. The thought brought a smirk to his face, and he decided to pay Jigano a visit sometime soon.

He shifted his position, sitting on the back of the chair with his boots on the seat, an easy feat with perfect balance, and he thumbed through a few more pages. “What’d you think would happen just by charging out there and demanding something of the god of fucking death?” He didn’t look up at her then, just scanning more words into his mind and looking for something even slightly helpful.
Messenger

Change author:
Ashe

Ashe huffed a laugh through her nose and flicked her eyes back down the book before her. ”Maybe we'll find cities out there,” she answered. ”Beyond that forest. Cities and libraries. Mountains and oceans, deserts and lush valleys..” Even as she read over Mort's name again, the name of Ludo following after with the explanation of it being his herald - a guide - she felt that intense desire to see the world out there with Kalt, to stretch their wings of freedom.

Once they had traveled all over the country, pretending for all the world that it wasn't under the order of their Master to kill whoever had been contracted. They would pretend there was no Guild to return to, no Master, no pain. She looked up at him as he adjusted how he sat - he was never able to sit still long - and she smiled slightly. They didn't need to pretend anymore.

She looked back down to the pages and leaned over the book, carefully moving through the chapters. There would be no peaceful or exciting or wonderful travels with Kalt and Theea until she did what she had to do. Not without Ronin's heart beating again. She weighed what little she knew as she read. Safrin had said Ludo kept the souls until they could join with Mort.. that he loved the souls he kept. Would it be Ludo that would lead her to the god of death? Would he come to her when she called? Was she just wasting time here with books when she could be at a shrine at right then?

As if picking up on her line of thought - or likely that's exactly what he did - Kalt’s words slipped in between her thoughts naturally.. and called her out. She paused her reading and frowned slightly up at him. He wasn't looking at her, but he would feel it no doubt. ”I'm not going to demand from the god of death.” But the words fell flat, even in their minds. She wasn't going to take no for an answer, couldn't. So.. demanding Ronin's soul back is ultimately what she was doing, wasn't it? She bit her lip and leaned her head against her hand as she looked back down to the book. ”I don't know what will happen” she admit, her thoughts quiet - a distant storm softly sighing on the horizon.

With that admission, something tried to worm its way into her heart: fear. Fear of what would happen, what would be asked of her. Safrin said there was precedence, that it wasn't done. That Mort did not bargain. But she suddenly saw a charming smile and gleaming blue eyes, heard his laugh so acutely she nearly felt in her chest. Then the smell of his blood, watching him ascend - then the look of agony and betrayal, the feeling of his weight sliding off of her sword. Ashe's brow creased as she inhaled sharply, her hand rising to rub over the new scar on her chest that suddenly fucking hurt.

”I’m going to bring him back,” she thought to him stubbornly, and she turned silver-lined eyes up to Kalt. ”I have to,” she voiced aloud in a near whisper, almost pleadingly.
cause i become such a
beautiful creature
in your eyes.