may i introduce
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Everest
What time had Everest said this meeting was supposed to be? Gods, he couldn't remember. Taking notes was a thing of the past now that the purple storm in his head had blocked out the anxiety-induced need to record each and every detail of his life that he might never get anything wrong. Say what you might about the arrival of The Family and the void creatures, but for those with mental struggles like Everest Hart, you might be hard-pressed to have them say giving up their mind wasn't worth it.

Uncharacteristically disheveled and looking like he was wearing clothes not his own, Everest opened the door of the meeting room and found it blissfully empty. He was either early or late; he'd find out which soon enough.

Slumping down into his usual chair, the aviator glanced around, waiting for Anju, Lena, and their guest of honour, Dahlia, to arrive.
even if i had to lose you to know you,
i'd still be that temporary phase that you grow through
Dahlia Inanis
the Reaper
Queen of Stormbreak

Age: 0 | Height: 5'8 | Race: f̴̢̠̅͆̄̍a̶̧͕͙̪͈̞̝̲̩̯̱͓̣̅́̎m̶̙̞̈́̍̓̏̓̿i̵͇͍̗̞͑͊̒̃̏̽̂͂͗̕͝͝l̵̢̛̤̞̜̭͈̻͕̳̱̞̭̼͗̎̆̎̀̌̓̑́̈́͝y̵̧͔̜̜͓̥̋̈́̐͛͋͂͠͠ | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 15 - Strg: 80 - Dext: 90 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 56 - Int: 3
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"It's so good to see you, Everest," Dahlia purrs as she steps into the room he's arranged for this little rendezvous. Dressed for the Longheat weather but arguably more business-like than their previous meeting, she steps around the Spyglass's chair to get to her own, letting her fingers drift and press affectionately along the line of his broad shoulders. "And you are looking good as well," she adds.

Plopping herself into her seat and tucking a stray curl out of her face, she glances up at the vaulted ceilings, considering them drab and boring, but accepting them nonetheless for the sake of this meeting. "I do hope the others weren't inconvenienced by the time." Because it's late, Ever. It's quite late.
let me put my lips to something
let me wrap my teeth around the world
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Anju
Anju is far from inconvenienced given how her worrying has kept her adequately awake. In fact she arrives visibly put-together; Dragoon formals fitted and pressed, hair swept into a tight, manicured bun. Even Riya's normally overbearing demeanor is wrestled into something more presentable - because Anju had wracked her brain as to who could've stepped up to the ruling position, someone with feminine pronouns given Everest's letter, and come up blank. First impressions are quite important, but she is also wary. Had this been a coup of some kind?

Alas, for better or worse, Anju has a soft spot a mile wide for Everest, and she trusts his judgment perhaps too implicitly. Dahlia looks quite normal on the surface, and the easy way she seems to be conversing with Everest is enough to have Anju's hands - clasped at the small of her back and clenched tightly - relaxing slightly.

"Thank you for meeting with us," Anju fills the space with her voice as she moves to her own typical seat, "I appreciate your desire to keep us included. I am Anju, Captain of the Dragoons." Her hand extends across the table toward Dahlia before she makes any move to sit, finding it impolite otherwise. Any other questions she leaves for Lena to fill in, given she is far from the most eloquent of women herself.
this sun inside of me could set kingdoms ablaze
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
LENA
look at me I am weightless
Lena was anxious, no matter the hour. She took great measures to hide it, tucking her fingers within her palms, taking long, slow, deep breaths, the myriad of inquiries bolstering through her mind. She wanted to give voice to them, to anybody that would listen, but had found no outlet other than Mittens, who, given the circumstances, could only lend so much aid.

So as she walked into the Tower, the last, and closed the door behind her, her eyes swept from windows, to Everest, to Anju, and then finally, to the woman she’d seen plastered on Torchline and Halo’s notice boards.

Fear, true fear, laced its way through her spine and her gaze shifted to the Dragoon somewhat desperately, wishing she had the ability to communicate through bonds and minds. She wasn’t certain about reaching for Everest, as he’d already seemed to accept this woman –

She caught another breath and tried to steel herself, nodding at the others, striving to appear normal when her fingers were already trembling and shaking. “Yes, thank you,” she followed suit beside Anju, hiding her hands under the table. Any bravery came at the start. “May I ask how this all happened?” Sohalia…the sudden departure...and imminent rise to leadership, the notions of what had occurred to Remi in the back of her mind.
freedom; petrichor and flower petals
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Everest
Having wondered what it would be like to see Dahlia again, the aviator sat up immediately as she breezed into the room. Though it wasn't her lips he felt against her this time and only her fingers, there was still a feeling of purple pressure that pushed away any doubts which might have been trying to take hold in the deeper recesses of his mind. "Gods it's good to see you again." He said without thinking, turning toward her instantly as if to engage her in further conversation when Anju entered.

"The Captain is very good." Everest says, sliding himself into a more neutral seating position that makes him look slightly more interested in the larger conversation and less focused solely on Dahlia's lips. "And this is Lena." He adds as the Caretaker arrives. "She looks after the creatures housed in the Celestine."
Dahlia Inanis
the Reaper
Queen of Stormbreak

Age: 0 | Height: 5'8 | Race: f̴̢̠̅͆̄̍a̶̧͕͙̪͈̞̝̲̩̯̱͓̣̅́̎m̶̙̞̈́̍̓̏̓̿i̵͇͍̗̞͑͊̒̃̏̽̂͂͗̕͝͝l̵̢̛̤̞̜̭͈̻͕̳̱̞̭̼͗̎̆̎̀̌̓̑́̈́͝y̵̧͔̜̜͓̥̋̈́̐͛͋͂͠͠ | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:

Painted lips curl up at the corners, clearly pleased by Ever's response, but before they can delve deeper into perhaps more personal matters, the rest of Sohalia's former council come filing into the room. Rising to reach across and clasp Anju's hand, the Dragoon will find Dahlia's own handshake soft but firm; seemingly not the hands of a fighter. Waiting for Ever to cement introductions before sitting again, she inclines her head for the women to do the same should they choose.

"A pleasure to meet you," she assures them, before her cerulean eyes laser in on Lena. "Of course you may," she says, with the air of someone who might follow up this remark with but I may choose not to answer. Nonetheless, however, Dahlia divulges, "Sohalia found the pressure of leadership too much to maintain. She stepped down, I offered to step in, and here we are. Please, treat me as you would her. I only have what's best for Stormbreak in mind, I assure you."
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Anju
Anju has judged thousands of handshakes, but Dahlia’s leaves her with little to make assumption on. Everest’s praise makes her smile slightly, fond as ever, though she cannot allow it to last.

The story is as plainly cut as it could be - and unfortunately perfectly aligned with Anju’s last meeting with Sohalia. “I understand. Still, excuse my bluntness as I say what many will think when they hear of the news; Sohalia herself warned the city about you, to a degree of remaining entirely away from you.” She faces the gallows with steely bravery, heart loyal and spirit unafraid of the forewarned death the notice had given. “While you claim to have our best interest at heart, it is my duty as Captain to keep Stormbreak safe. Inside and out.” Given Sohalia’s breakdown in her arms, Anju is willing to believe the Heart had simply abdicated - but the suspicious manner and matter of her replacement remains Anju’s duty to investigate, no matter the peril.

Folding her hands before her on the table, Anju does not meet the eyes of her fellow councilmen as she continues. If anyone is to risk their title, or gods forbid their life, it shall be her and no other. “I do not concern myself with our likability in other regions. If they do not care for you personally, I am willing to believe a smear campaign, or to prepare to contend with a lack of regional allies.” This high up, and the most advanced and blessed among them, what need did they have for the regional leaders beneath their shadow? However. I would like to confirm Sohalia’s safety and her agreement to grant you leadership if she was the one to validate your character against the missive she wrote.” Not that Anju had ever been fully sold on Sohalia’s maturity and judgment of people, but at least it would provide some context if she had been swayed or shown that the other leaders were wrong.
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
LENA
Words and warnings slipped through her mind like a rushing stream; yearning for it to babble past her lips and out into the air, but fear kept them tightly tucked, caught in a net. When Everest seemed unbothered or ignorant, her hands shook further, and to hear of Sohalia’s role, of stepping down, of saying nothing to her council, of this person being in charge of their region –

She barely swallowed down the bile, and thought to be strong, facing the unknown and danger with something akin to emboldened prey.

Only for her eyes to widen far more when Anju began – voicing everything she was far too frightened to say. But gods, the bluntness, the cold lines of truth – her gaze flickered back and forth between Dahlia and Dragoon, waiting for something else to drop while her fingers trembled and she fought down so many other oaths. So meeting steadfastness with whatever was left in her spine, the Caretaker lifted her chin, following suit on Anju’s heels. “And I would like to know your intentions towards Stormbreak. How do you aim to make it better?”

Or simply a tool, a cog in the machine, of this enigmatic force?
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
As Anju voices the warning Sohalia had issued, Everest clucks disapprovingly under his tongue. "Really, that was all blown way out of proportion." He says reassuringly, before turning his blue eyes to Dahlia. Smiling as if he's a touch lovestruck, Everest straightens in his seat. "But you don't need to take my word for it." Though he couldn't quite remember how it had all unfolded back in the supply closet, Everest firmly recalled that everything Dahlia had said made perfect sense to him.

Maybe they all just needed to go to the supply closet.

Or maybe he just needed to hold Dahlia's hand.

Smiling warmly in Lena's direction, Everest was trying to think of the right words to say it's either this or death which didn't sound quite so dismial.
Dahlia Inanis
the Reaper
Queen of Stormbreak

Change author:

Dahlia's smile is indulgent, like a teacher listening to the concerns of her students before making a decision that may - or may not - take those concerns into account. "Quite so," she murmurs, both of Everest's opinion on the matter and Anju's concerns with keeping Stormbreak safe.

"I have heard of such missives making the rounds. That was before Sohalia had met me, I regret to say. I am more than happy to put your fears to rest, whatever they may be. The only thing I can't do, though, is give you Sohalia to hear her the words from her mouth. She has - quite rightfully - taken some time away. Even I do not know where." She shrugs.

As for her intentions towards the great city? "I only want what you want. To make Stormbreak the best it can possibly be. I called this meeting because I'm aware that a new leader's prerogative is to make changes to her council. I wondered if that was necessary between us."

The meaning, of course, is clear, though the consequences less so: are you with me or against me?
Anju Rao
Captain

Change author:
Anju
It's a non-answer at best, and Everest's interjection pings something in her head that says this isn't right. But the defenses are too easy, and Anju...

Anju turns to look at her sister. Riya's golden eyes are clear and steady. She knows if she asked her to die here and now, she would. But she swore many things the day she became a Dragoon, and one of those things was to serve the ruling entity at all costs. That loyalty meant more than politics or optics. If she was told to slaughter a village for the good of Stormbreak, it was her duty to do so, not to question why it had to be done.

And, selfishly, she hopes that Lena will defer. Leave the council, be safe in her peaceful Celestine, while Anju swears her sword to someone she isn't sure she can truly trust. But her oath means more to her - and surely, if she does intend to backtrack on those sacred covenants after a lifetime of service, she would be of better use within the new leader's ranks? Anju despairs in silence, staring into her bonded's eyes. She was never meant to be a thinker or a martyr. A strategist, yes, but on a scale far grander than this. Why should she risk trying and failing?

"I am a Dragoon first," she finally utters, voice steady and sure. "I cannot conceive of any other role for my life. It is my duty to support you; if you will have me." And though she doubts, fears, wonders...Anju bows her head, as she has with every new leader since the barrier in the Grounds fell.
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
LENA
Maybe it’d been the missives. Maybe it’d been the hollow, empty promises, the vague lack of determinations. Maybe it’d been Anju’s loyalty. Maybe it had been the intrinsic fear borne out of necessity, of survival, of remaining. But gods, did Lena gain a bold endeavor in her rapid, hummingbird beating heart; clustered in her chest as her fingers continued to tremble. Clutching hold of her own hand and leaving them under the table, her eyes roamed the room.

Before pinpointing solely back upon Dahlia, Anju, and then back again. She didn’t have the same immediate honorisms as the Dragoon captain – her loyalties were tied to the world they lived upon, but her demeanor was clearly not in guarding or protecting. Inhaling a breath, she strived and persisted again. “But you still haven’t shared any ideas or plans. I’m not going to decide based on unclear promises. What do you intend for Stormbreak?”
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
"But she's already said." Everest interjects, smiling brightly at Lena. "To make Stormbreak the best it can be." Sitting up slightly in his chair, the aviator shrugs. "You can't honestly say that Sohalia was any more clear about things when she stepped up." He points out. What leader didn't show up on day one with shiny campaign promises about MaKing ThIngS BeTtEr?

"Besides, Dahlia is our leader now. Wouldn't you rather be on the council, helping to guide things along the way than leaving and letting all of this just happen to you?" Very nearly does Ever reach out to take Lena's hand. Instead, he merely turns toward her with a beaming smile that made him both look wildly handsome, and entirely unlike himself.

"Say you'll stay, Lena. Please?"
Dahlia Inanis
the Reaper
Queen of Stormbreak

Change author:

"It would be my pleasure," Dahlia assures Anju, her smile growing to hear that the captain gives her support so wholeheartedly. As Everest soon reiterates, it makes any sort of transition all that much easier. "I am honoured to have you on board."

Glancing to Lena now, still uncertain and doubtful, whilst Dahlia appreciates the efforts of her council, she reaches out to rest a hand over Ever's, as if to silently assure that he need not plead the caretaker's case. "It is as he says," she remarks softly, tilting her head at the woman across the table.

"I haven't yet had time to think upon the details, so if that is what you are looking for, I can't provide it. For now, I only wish to know if you will be sitting on this council, or if you will be leaving." Cerulean eyes hold no hint of threat, but of course that does not mean that one isn't brewing.