Devil with a blue dress on
Open
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
"Does Halo still get locked in over Deepfrost? If not, a bit of snow might make for a charming backdrop." She could picture it; roaring fires, evergreen wreathes and tables laden with food while bedazzled couples swirled around a dancefloor to swelling music. And oitside sleighs with bells and luxere lighting the night with their antlers... Like a fairy tale come to life.

The imagery lingered in her mind and lent a dream cast to her eyes as she twirled and leg the skirt flare out around her. "It feels like a hug," she admitted, "and I can move alright. The slit would be nice though. It's been years since I wore skirts every day." Striding about the shop to get a feel for the dress, Maea thought she might add a second slit on the other side; just for good measure. Shrugging and moving her shoulders suggested that a visit to the tailor would be a good idea in general; while nothing was overtly wrong, it didn't quite fit like a glove yet.

But she could fix that.

After changing back into her old clothes, Maea approached the counter with her find folded over an arm. Now came the painful part, where she would need to convince the shop keeper that she really could pay her way out. Hunting regularly did mean she had a good backup of leather and fur to trade with - it just came down to haggling.
She was glad to see that the gaggle of spectators had found somewhere else to be. It was hard enough to put a price on happiness without an audience.
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
"You know, I'm not sure. I visited a place there called the Greenwing where it isn't frosted over - or it wasn't when I went, anyway. Perhaps the seasons are friendlier to Halo than they were before. Isn't it a bit cold for you these days, though?" Ronin smiles, meaning of course her nature as an Ancient.

It feels like a hug is a charming way to describe any garment, and Ronin absolutely takes it as a positive as Maea gets herself dressed again; in the meantime he selects a pea green cravat with careful golden embroidery tha may or may not be Remi's style, planning on surprising his husband with it at some point in the near future.

Approaching the counter after Maea, he tilts his head over her shoulder and smiles to the merchant, patting at his pockets. "You're welcome to use some of these as payment," he tells the Ancient, withdrawing a small pouch and setting it on the counter. Within are an assortment of manticore feathers and celestial dragonscales - the sorts of things that would make a rare point of focus on any garment.
THE SUPERNOVA
and continue fighting
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
She laughed, nodding fervently. "It is! I wouldn't dream of going. But if they're not snowed in, I can invite them here in Deepfrost too." No matter how badly she longed to see it again, Halo was a closed chapter. Nothing less than divine intervention could help her make it there.

At the counter, the assistant gasped at the sight of the items that spilled from the pouch. Maea's eyes went no less wide, and gaped at Ronin. "That's – I – Ronin, that's too much!" In and of themselves the scales were a treasure, each feather beautiful enough to make the centerpiece of any jewelry. And she could never repay him.

"Certainly, this is a most acceptable offer," the attendant chimed in. "In addition to the furs you mentioned I would ask for this much." The separated a small handful of Ronin's items on one side, for Maea, and slightly less for the green jacket. "Do we have an agreement?"

Biting her lip, the Ancient wavered indecisively. It really would help her situation... but could she really let Ronin pay? They had really just met, and every instinct told her to be wary of unbalanced favours.

"At least let me owe you..."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
"Oh, I see," Ronin says, clarity dawning in his blue eyes and a smile lighting up on his face. "Trust you to be inclusive of all regions." It's a pleasant surprise, given how intolerant the other regions had been towards the Grounds and the Ascended, but then nobody said the majority were correct just because they were majority.

As for what's too much and what isn't, Ronin gives a warm shake of his head and waves Maea off, accepting the cravat in a small paper bag and collecting up his 'change' in the pouch with a murmur of thanks to the merchant. "It's no trouble, I promise," he assures Maea. "But if you really are worried, just make sure you organise a ball and invite me to it. Then I'll consider us even."

It means he'll be able to see her in the final product of her dress, too.
THE SUPERNOVA
and continue fighting
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"One can always try," was her modest response. The truth was that her inclusivity came and went with the seasons. A conference was one thing, building shrines - as Talyson would discover - a whole other beast. But she did try to be fair when it didn't hurt anyone.

Maea met Ronin's gaze and held it even as the deal closed under her nose, the dress packed up and offered to her with a suddenly very courteous dip from the shop keeper. Serious for a moment longer, she relented with a sigh, and finally smiled again as she took the bag.
"I wouldn't say 'worried', exactly. But I do insist on repaying you. So keep an eye on your mail, I'll make sure you get your very own invitation."

Exiting the shop together, she indicated she was headed back to the surface. "It was lovely to meet you, Ronin. Tell Remi I said hi, yeah? Thank you so much for the help – I'll see you again soon!" And with a final smile and a cheerful wave of a hand, Maea let the milling crowd carry her away.

{FIN} <3
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3