wolves and the water
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 4667
troy falls a thousand times // in every dream i dream
Traversing the Inner Quarter these days harbored a bit more purpose for the Harpy, drifting from shop to shop (this time picking out a few ‘work outfits’ you could say), in the warmth of Longheat and the bonfire that won’t ever burn out. She basks in it, the sunlight glinting along red veins through her dark horns, hair pulled back, and something form fitting in hue of a deep green, she finds herself slipping back onto the street.

In a moment of debate with a bag hung from her arm, she glances down the street toward her favorite food place as of late when a familiar figure spots her eye, one that she hasn’t seen in gods… years?

She finds herself drifting closer, hoping it’s who she thinks it is, and if not then she supposes she has an excuse to dip into the little cafe none the wiser.
KIADA
( like ashes, like ashes // like a star burning out )
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
but that was then, and this is now
Looking badly out of place despite having once lived not too far from where he now walked, Remi drifts with his hands in his pockets letting old memories guide his footsteps. The LongNights spent boarded up inside, the guilds and businesses started and aided, the friends and lovers he'd cherished and lost. Had it not been for the way the sun's light made Kiada's horn flash like a spray of blood. Turning, expecting to hear the cry of a throat being cut or some similar, he sees only a dark-haired woman in form-fitting green. But...not just any woman..

"Kiada?"

Freezing there and then on the street, Remi felt as if he were properly back in the Holloewd Grounds, his Hollowed Grounds, looking at the face of one of Ronin's guildmates. It made him feel young and old at the same time, badly displaced in time such that he heard himself exhaling a shaky breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. He'd seen the ancient...before the war? Just after? but before then...gods, years.

A whole lifetime.
the lullaby

Table by the wonderful SKY
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
She couldn’t be more pleased internally when it does turn out to be Remi, unable to hide the grin from her face as she lights up a little. It’s a strange juxtaposition for her, having last seen Remi before the war, back in Halo when she was still Ascended, making her move to the Grounds because of the Stormbreak incident and she couldn’t trust staying in a place that she didn’t know everyone’s motives.

But, he had been coming into the snowy mountains and she had been leaving, and that had mostly been that. And here they are, both still alive, looking the same yet different after all this time. “Remi!” She chimes, her tail lashing out behind her in obvious delight. She bounds over toward him quickly, getting into a more polite distance to speak. “Gods, how have you been?” She asks, tilting her horned head. Deimos had told her of his fight up on the meteor, yet it certainly didn’t seem appropriate to mention any of that when connecting with old friends. The important part was just reconnecting after all this time.
KIADA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Smiling softly in agreement as if Kiada might need some reassurance that she had his name right, he too took several steps forward to meet her. Fumbling his hands out of his pockets but letting them hover awkwardly by his sides, the Lullaby wasn't sure if the pair were on hugging terms—if they ever had been—and so opted instead just to follow the Harpy's lead. He was a demigod of death after all, and one with magic to read emotions besides; it wasn't uncommon for others not to want to embrace him.

"As well as anyone, I suppose." He answered, shrugging a touch boyishly. The war couldn't have been easy for any of the ascended, and though he hadn't any idea what Kiada had been up to in the aftermath, it had been a long, long time since he thought life had been easy for any of them. "What about you? You look well." So saying, his eyes darted briefly to her tail, her horns, before returning back to her eyes.
the lullaby

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
It has been a long time, but she couldn’t have forgotten – if anything, it was simply to ensure she truly recognized him, allowing the smile to grace her face in excitement and appreciation. And as his hands hover awkwardly, the harpy steps forward to offer that embrace, giving him a light squeeze. Emotionally, Remi would only feel Kiada’s relief and excitement, like a bubbling sense of butterflies blooming in the pit of her stomach.

Of course, she doesn’t linger too much, releasing him to step back, horned head tilting up as she flashes him a grin that certainly has little bits and pieces of Rexanna hidden in the layers of it. His words ring true and she nods, exhaling a soft little sigh of agreement. “I’m good! Starting to get a routine and rhythm back that isn’t just avoiding everyone.” It’s her turn to shrug a little awkwardly, her tail curling around her leg. “I’m glad you’re doing well enough. Deimos told me about what happened in Torchline.” She shakes her head a little, not wanting to dwell on it and the horror it would admittedly bring. “What brings you all the way over here?
KIADA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Hiccuping in a breath of surprise, the Lullaby wraps his arms around Kiada in return. Though his happiness will mirror her own, never has Remi been able to look upon the Harpy without seeing the ghost of her mother, such that the golden flush of his joy is shadowed somewhat.

Laughing with surprised agreement, Remi nods. "Same. Ronin and I only just moved down from the Mountain a few seasons ago, and I feel as though I have to relearn being out in public." Rolling his eyes affectionately, the Lullaby's expression grow slightly more serious as he sipped in a small breath and let it out. "Mmmm. I suppose it was a bit foolish to just go over without any preparation, but..." Though he was no longer necessarily the strongest of them, he was no lightweight either. "Gods, it was bad. It had been a good long while since I have been made to feel so utterly weak."

Giving his head a little shake, he glanced around the street as if just remembering himself. "Ah, Ludo things. I bumped into Danta along the way, and now I am trying to track Ronin down. You have not seen him, have you?"
the lullaby

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
Having a not so great relationship with Rexanna, Kiada’s content to not think about the similarities between her and her mother, even as she displays so many of the tendencies and things like the chime of a laugh that leaves her lips in agreement to the Lullaby’s statement. “It can be a challenge.” She hums another soft laugh, lips curling in a playful smile.

One that hints a bit gentler with the seriousness of the conversation, her head nodding in sympathy. “How were you supposed to know?” She offers with a small shrug. To her, Remi was the strongest one of them and had been. Why should he have to be wary or cautious of anything? And when Deimos had told her what had happened, the sinking feeling started to take root in the inner chambers of her heart. “Gods, I can imagine. It’s quite concerning.

But there wasn’t anything tiny little Kiada could do about it right this second. So she instead chooses to settle in beside her old friend. “Ronin? Mm, no.” She tilts her head to peer down the street. “Although I wasn’t really looking for him.” She admits with a huff of a small laugh before rolling her shoulder in a shrug and flashing her iceberg gaze back toward the Lullaby. “Are you hungry? Maybe we could grab a bite to eat and try to find him before I have to head back to work.” She bounces a brow playfully.
KIADA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"That is what I said." He agrees with a crooked smile that has his dimples deepening. "And as I was fairly certain that I was not in love with her, the risk of me actually dying seemed fairly low." Had it hurt? Had it been reckless? Yes, and yes. Had he thought anything permanent would come of it? Of course not. "Honestly, Ronin and I have discussed tunneling under ground and letting the gods sort it out." He says, only half-kidding.

Though he hadn't thought he was hungry, his stomach rumbled instantly in response to her suggestion. Laughing, he shrugged almost apologetically before nodding. "Hungrier than I thought. Lead on. Knowing Ronin, he will be where the food is anyway." So saying, Remi held out his arm for Kiada to take if she wished, before letting her guide him down the laneway.

"So what have you been up to lately? What work is it you have to get back to?"
the lullaby

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
A chimed laugh leaves her at Remi’s idea, nodding enthusiastically in agreement to the half joke. It’s one that the harpy can get behind, though, having decided that they’ve already done and given enough in the previous conflicts. “Save a space for me, would you?” She teases, snickering lightly at the thought of such a thing. It was unrealistic, which is part of the reason she’s so into the idea. As it stands for now, though, her and Fox simply just take one day at a time.

And she spends as much time of it either being helpful or a giant pain in Dantalion’s ass.

Food, though, she snickers again when his stomach grumbles and she starts to guide him toward one of the shops, arm slipping into his with ease. There’s a unique little pastry shop that had started – a pastry that’s filled with ground meat and vegetables, like a little handheld pie. (Piroshky is what I’m trying to relate it to).

Mm well, I started seeing someone again and I just got hired to be the Grounds’ Registrar. Hoping to help with Dantalion’s mail and whatever else he needs.” Including being a general pain in the ass – a flirty one, at that. “Other than that, not much has changed.” She flashes him a small smile, so much warmer than she had been the last time they’d seen one another, when the calm and cold, unaffected life of the Ascended had her in its unfeeling grip. Now she seems to be fully embracing everything again. Actively seeking it out.
KIADA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I think I can do that." Remi agrees, grinning so crookedly that a dimple appeared one just one cheek before his lips parted in laughter.

Finding it far too easy if not altogether strange to be strolling along with someone who wasn't Ronin (or Isla), the Lullaby slipped into an easy pace at Kiada's side as he let his gaze drift along the streets. "Hah, I am sure that is quite a welcome position for him to have filled. I am not sure I recall him replying to a single letter I have sent out, but then—" Shrugging against the ancient, Remi grinned. "—I am not actually a leader, so perhaps there is more I have not been included on."

Glancing down at her, Remi raises his eyebrows before offering her an imploring shake of his head. "You say that, but gods, it seems everywhere I look something new is where I expected something old to be. The church Bastian started, the old tavern, the guids."
the lullaby

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
It is admittedly a bit strange, but given the fact that they were both here – surviving and thriving – Kiada can’t help but to draw her affection and attachment to someone who had been there since the beginning. Even if things had grown rough in the interim, the Lullaby had been excited to see her. And y’know, not actively gone out to murder her as far as she was aware. All in all, major points in her very tiny book of people worth being around.

They step through the streets and she chimes a soft giggle, nodding her agreement. “He much prefers to have meetings in person, I think. Regardless, I should be responding from now on and passing it along.” He’s busy after all, and it was far easier for her to read and get the gist and pop her head into wherever their leader deigned to be that moment to tell him the TLDR.

Sometimes he cared, sometimes he didn’t. It all just depended.

Turning slightly toward the café she has in mind, Kiada meets Remi’s raised brow and the shake of his head, nodding with a soft little sigh of sadness mixed with nostalgia. “I was really worried about coming back here at the memories it would spark up. But it’s so different now that it doesn’t feel so bad to make new ones.” She admits with a small shrug, still holding onto Remi’s arm. “The majority of familiar things here are gone, though. I will say some of them I’m glad to not see anymore.” Flashing him an almost apologetic yet nearly cheeky smile, she shrugs a shoulder and leans in as if to whisper a secret. “I certainly don’t miss the basement of Amalia’s bakery we hid out in to plan overthrowing Zariah.” A memory that they both had been at that meeting what felt like eons ago.
KIADA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well, I will be sure to let Flora know." Given that he wasn't actually a leader, maybe Remi shouldn't have been surprised at all that his warnings about Dahila had sat unread on the Maverick's desk. Gods knew what trouble Flora might get into were she to come all the way to the Grounds to speak with Danta. "Have you two met?" Remi wonders suddenly, eyebrows softly raised. "You and Flora? Or my son, Mateo?"

Allowing himself to be guided as much as he could—Remi wasn't the sort of man who was used to being directed by others anymore, so he had to do his best not to stop on Kiada's feet as she directed him along—he hummed a soft note of acknowledgement under his breath. "I think just about everything could change here, and I still would not be able to spend another LongNight." He agrees, before snorting his laughter.

"Gods. When tunnelling toward the jail was the most difficult thing we had to do." He agrees, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. "Our problems seemed just as big back then, and yet—" He shrugs against her. "Let's hope nothing ever comes along to make our problems now seem small."
the lullaby

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
While Flora’s name rings a bell – obviously, given her familial ties to Hotaru, she flashes Remi an easy smile as she shakes her head. “I have not. Flora nor Mateo.” She says softly, sticking it in her mind for later, just in case she ventures to Torchline or wherever Mateo lives these days. Either way, she likely wouldn’t be the one going to be the ambassador for the Grounds to meet them, Maea choosing to take up that mantle. But at least perhaps she’d be dealing with some of the correspondence between them.

Slipping into the entrance of the little restaurant café combo, Kiada nods and sighs a little wistfully. “It was hard. Luckily Fox and I just barricaded everything up like normal and managed to relax. It helps not having the scratching sounds at the doors.” Or anything trying to lure them out. Though, LongNight certainly makes her miss Auni more than anything else.

The dourness of the conversation is wiped away immediately with the laughter and the memory of Zariah, the way Remi rolls his eyes and shakes his head and she squeezes his arm with a laugh of her own. “Funny how perspective works, isn’t it?” She murmurs a touch thoughtfully, before she’s keeping one hand on Remi and stepping forward to order for herself, before turning toward him to tell him which ones were her favorites that he may want to try, not wanting to order for him.
KIADA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Ah, I am sure you will in time." Remi says of Kiada meeting his children. 'They have big personalities, but then—" He smiles, thinking of Rex. "—so do you."

Blinking a few times as his eyes adjusted to the lighting, if Remi had expected to see some sort of sad, run-down cafe he was wildly mistaken. The Grounds had apparently been thriving under Danta's rule if this gem was anything to go by. But then perhaps he shouldn't have been surprised by that either.

"Fox?" Raising his eyebrows and trying not to look too paternal about it, the Bastion grinned before pulling a dramatic face at the mention of scratching. "And the fake voices calling for help?" Grimacing, Remi shook his head as he glanced at the board over the counter that listed all manner of things to try. Leaning down slightly to better catch Kiada's whispered suggestions, he hmmmd for a moment before ordering.
the lullaby