the ocean sings and the mountains talk
Open
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
give me shelter, or show me heart
Afternoon faded towards the golden twilight hour and the tide rushed back in. The worst of the heat had already faded, leaving the tidal pools warmer than the air and Maea felt goosebumps break out whenever the wind touched her damp skin. The heavy coat lay discarded on the rocks further inland, along with shoes and shirt. With trousers rolled up above the knee and the linen shift soaked at the hem, she stalked the water looking for a Cloud Manta.

Hadama had asked her to hunt them responsibly; in her mind that meant making more of it than simply taking its crystal, and she wondered idly what chlorophyllic blood would taste like. Sweet as tree sap? Bitter like moss, or perhaps more like the kelp that was part of some staple dishes around the region? Hunger churned in her stomach, actual real hunger in addition to the ever present simmer of bloodlust, and the Ancient squeezed the chakram in her tail as if by holding firmly to her weapon she could summon a bit more focus. Or squeeze out some luck.

Maybe this wasn't the best time to hunt. Though the animals were tricky; could be in the water, could be in the clouds - either way she had no way of tracking them. All she could do was scout and wait, and enjoy the briny scent of wind and sea until something came her way worth hunting for.
watch me fall apart
and I'll be yours to keep
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Age: 22 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 2 - Strg: 7 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Ellyra
I must become a lion hearted girl
Ready for a fight
In the dense thicket of the tropical jungle, where emerald leaves danced with the playful breeze, Ellyra prowled with silent grace. Her golden fur blended seamlessly with the dappled sunlight filtering through the canopy above; her muscles rippled beneath her sleek coat, poised for the hunt.

Ellyra's amber eyes gleamed with fierce determination as she tracked the scent of her prey. It was unfortunate, really, that this pair of goats had strayed so far from their once-owners and descended into a life in the wild jungles of Torchline. They were much safer where they had been born, rather than where they found themselves today -- or rather, where Ellyra found them today.

With a low growl rumbling in her throat, Ellyra crouched low, muscles coiling like springs ready to release their tension. With a lightning-fast burst of speed, she surged forward, her claws unsheathed and teeth bared. The goats scattered in panic, but it was futile against the unmatched prowess of the lioness.

Taking her meal out of the dense foliage, the lioness found a shaded patch of cool sand to eat.
Before I make the final sacrifice
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Maea
Sighing waves drowned out the cries of the jungles that lined the beaches. But like the widening ripples of a pebble tossed into the pool, the lioness's hunt sent goats fleeing through the dense vegetation, which stirred up a flight of mantas basking in the late day light not too far from where Maea stood. She only saw them because of the predator dragging its prey onto the beach; only looked in the right direction because there might be a need to defend herself - and honestly, a lion was as much fair game as anything else to an Ancient.

But Maea wanted Cloud Manta today. So when the rustle of their rapid wingbeats filled the air and they came surging in her direction, she honed in on a smaller individual and gathered herself for a leap. Launching herself high into the air, she grabbed hold of the slender tail and yanked the Manta out of the air. Smacking it into the rocks with as much force as she could muster, the plantimal flopped helplessly in her grasp, stunned and disoriented. After that, it went quickly to drive the burning dagger into its spine, offering as swift and painless a kill as she was able.

Catching her breath, Maea threw a leery eye on the lion. Cautiously, she dragged her own kill a bit further out into the pool before beginning her feast, jealously guarding both the green blood - which tasted just fine, by the way - and the precious crystal that would protect her from the worst possible way of dying she could think of.
watch me fall apart
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Age: 22 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Ellyra
I must become a lion hearted girl
Ready for a fight
As Maea cautiously dragged her own kill further into the pool, Ellyra's amber gaze narrowed with a mixture of wariness and determination. The scent of fresh blood mingled with the lush foliage, stirring Ellyra's instincts to defend what was rightfully hers. Were molten tigers even native to Torchline? She reached out across the attuned bond but found only silence, which made her ears prick forward curiously. She reached out again into the silence, a low growl beginning to rumble in the bottom of her throat.

Undeterred yet still cautious of Maea, Ellyra continued to feast, her gaze flickering between her own kill and the tiger. Ellyra stood (well, laid) her ground, a silent guardian of this domain, ready to defend her kill against any who dared to challenge her. With each passing moment, her resolve strengthened, ensuring that her kill would remain under her protection, safeguarded against any would-be usurpers.
Before I make the final sacrifice

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Rising from the sea like some warm and welcome submarine is a Tumsea. With a smattering of starfish on its shell and a coating of seaweed, the creature looks as if it is trying to reflect the starlit heavens. Slow and kind, the creature glances your way, and though it is difficult to ascribe a smile to a creature such as this, indeed it seems to be smiling at you before descending down back into the waves.

You’ve encountered a Tumsea. This counts as a rare creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements. You may not kill your rare creature without admin permission.

Tumseas (rare/mythical): Smaller cousins of the Tulmhainar, Tumseas are like moving ecosystems all unto themselves. With shells of brilliant blues and earth browns, these turtle-like creatures can grow to nearly 4ft in diameter and can hold their breath for decades at a time. Bringing vibrancy and health to all the underwater trails they follow, Tumseas are thought to be good omens and are often followed by schools of fish encantados
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
With tensions rising between the two felines, it was a toss up whether they would leave each other be or find a reason to take out the slights of the world upon one another.

The passing of the Tumsea so close to the shore became as a tone of a bell that shimmered into the air, dissolving dread and wariness like morning mist over the water. Maea had seen it before, yet found herself shook the same way every time. Spellbound, she watched the rare creature dive beneath the surface of the sea, and kept watching long after any sign of its passing had disappeared.

A slow exhale bled tension from her shoulders. Setting the knife to her feast, she carved off a good chunk of cloud manta fin and tossed it over to the lioness. A peace offering; there was food enough that they didn't have to war about it.

Unless the lioness wished to tussle. That was a different matter altogether.
watch me fall apart
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Change author:
Ellyra
We made plans to kiss the sun at night
Hopeless dreamers, hopeless types
The Tumsea came at the right time to diffuse the tension. Ellyra wasn’t sure of the intentions of the woman, and since there was silence over the attuned bond she had pressed into her lioness instinct. But the turtle-like creature held her captive for a moment by pulling at her feline curiosity, and then the peace offering from the stranger calmed her enough to shift.

Ellyra stayed crouched by her goat, looking between the offered manta and the woman. ”Thank you.” She said, though her jaw was still set with apprehension. She put a hand on her goat, ”I don’t have a knife. But if you want some of this, you can have some.” She said, letting her umber eyes fall to the cloven hooved creature.
Shedding skin you show your beauty scars
Don't forget me or who you are
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
The shift was unexpected. There were enough lions in the jungle that stumbling upon a real one wasn't strange. With no connection to the Attuned to offer clues, it was entirely a surprise to see the lioness melt away and leave a woman's guise behind; still wild eyed enough to keep the Ancient on edge.

Cocking her horned head aside, Maea considered the offer. "It's generous of you... but I am content. I got what I came for." Holding up the Manta crystal between two fingers flecked with green blood, she tucked her prize securely away in an inside pocket.

"I'm Maea." Easing down on a rock, she tucked her long tail into the lap and carved off a slice of meat for herself and chewed with pretend casual ease. If this was turning into a conversation she might as well look to be comfortable - even if it wasn't strictly true.
watch me fall apart
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Change author:
Ellyra
The lioness kept her hand on her goat, kept crouched beside it. The woman denied her offer and she gave a gently dip of her chin in polite acceptance, though the lion within her roared pleasantly with the idea of keeping the kill all to herself. Amber eyes caught the jem between the bloodied fingers before it was pocketed, but snapped back towards the woman's face when she introduced herself.

"Ellyra Fox." She said, offering a somewhat forced smile. "Do you know what that was?" Ellyra asked, motioning shortly to the water where the tumsea had surfaced. The salty tang of the ocean breeze intermingled with the metallic undertone, a hint of iron tainting the air. Waves crashed, carrying the scent of brine and seaweed, while the subtle aroma of blood mingled, lending a primal edge to the seaside atmosphere, keeping the primal senses of the lioness at the surface even as Ellyra lowered her tensions.
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
Swallowing a mouthful, the white-haired Ancient nodded slowly and looked out towards the sea. Recalling the peace of the creature, she smiled faintly.

"Mmhm. It was a Tumsea. They are like... manifestations of nature? Very rare, apparently, though it's my third sighting by now. I wonder if it was the same one."

Appearing as though she paid little heed to the tension in the woman, Maea hoped to avoid conflict. Her thoughts were on the ocean, on the creatures dwelling beneath the surface, and on promises she had made that pushed her steadily out of her comfort zone.

"Have you ever been to the Underwater city?" she asked, figuring that it was her turn to stave off the silence.
watch me fall apart
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Change author:
Ellyra
A tumsea. Ellyra smiled, amber eyes moving from the woman to drift out to the waters where the creature had been. She blinked and looked back to Maea when she asked her question. "I've hardly been to most of this city." She said with a scoffing laugh. For most of Ellyra's life she lived in the Hollowed Grounds, and even with her exploring before settling in Stormbreak, the woman had yet to venture too far into the *depths* of the world. Her visits were fast and quick, trying to get to as many places as fast as she could, before war came and she decided to plant her feet.

"The lioness is all I can shift to. Nothing aquatic to get me down there." She shook her head and rocked back off her heels, letting her butt fall into the shade cooled sand beneath her. She dug her toes in some, resting her forearms on her knees. "Have you?" She asked, head tilting enough that it sent a wave of golden hair cascading off her shoulder.
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
The cloud manta was chewy. Not in a bad way, but certainly in one that had Maea's jaws aching from the workout. As her bloodlust subsided and her belly filled up, any interest in the meal began to fade along with the remaining daylight.

"Why not?" she asked idly around a mouthful. Rinsing her knife and hands in the tidal pool, she spared the attuned only a cursory glance. It seemed strange to her, to leave any area unexplored. The return question had her shaking her head. "Not yet. I've been invited, though. Maybe one of these days..."

But with the changing seasons it would likely grow more difficult. Not even the Torchline seas remained warm forever, and she had acquired a weakness towards cold of every kind.
watch me fall apart
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Change author:
Ellyra
Ellyra tilted her head, a cascade of golden hair falling over her shoulder. "After the war I got a little...I stayed close to home. I started working as a nurse in Stormbreak, and since abandoned weren't welcome in the city until recently, we had a lot of work." She nodded, as if affirming her own story to herself. The honest answer was that she was afraid, so she stayed close to home.

"Yeah, maybe." Ellyra said. Then, she cleared her throat. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude at all but...I can't eat this in this form without getting sick, or cooking it." She offered an awkward, toothy smile, "So I am going to shift back and finish." Once she was confident that Maea understood and that she hadn't offended the ancient, Ellyra shifted and started at her goat meal again.
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
"As good a reason as any," the Ancient woman conceded. She understood the feeling of wanting to coop up, and indeed the itch to go where there were no others. Having both inclinations at war within oneself made for a confusing experience; she did not wish it upon anyone, really. "Glad to hear there are more healers around, too. You're always needed." With and without magical abilities - it wasn't until she had to pull an arrow from a shoulder on her own that she fully grasped how far you could come with basic first aid training.

Not one to shy from silence, Maea nodded easily as the other woman wanted to return to her meal. Sated herself, the Loreseeker lingered for a while on her rock, sitting in companionable silence until both goat and cloud manta was gone. When the sun fell beneath the treetops of the jungle, it was the damp chill in the ocean breeze that finally drove her back towards Haulani - well fed, drowsy and longing for a bed.

{Fin}
watch me fall apart