To the Stalwart
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Hi Harper.

It's been a while. Longheat has turned the Hollowed Grounds to a tinderbox, and I actually long for some rain again. Never thought I would say that after last season. Not because the heat bothers me, mind, it's just dry and dusty, and the wind is full of grit that gets everywhere. I hope you have spent the season somewhere pleasant. Do you prefer sunlight or shade? I used to hole up indoors this time of year when I was younger, but for the first time I can be out all day without burning to a crisp. Being an Ancient comes with a few perks, I have to admit.

I meant to write to you sooner. To thank you for the fun evening, and for keeping me company. It's been a long time since anyone I laughed so much – and the breakfast was delicious. Perhaps some other time we could finish it together. I really have more time than I know what to do with - you could take up more of it, if you wanted.

I have been traveling a lot this season. After hearing about the state of Torchline I had to go there to offer what help I could. Are you alright? How is your family? Since you wrote in your letter that you spend most of your time here or in King's End I hope you escaped injury - it's hard not to worry, yet I don't want to crowd you. After all, it's only been a season since I saw you! Does it make me clingy to hope it won't be years before next time?

If you are willing, I still want to learn how to walk on my hands. Leafchange will be here soon, and I know an orchard where really delicious apples grow. Whether you wish to juggle them or eat them I leave to you. Or if you prefer, I would look forward to letters. I made a few new acquaintances along the road, but it's comforting to talk to someone who knows of ones past from time to time.

If you have time, of course. No expectations.

Yours,
Maea
Just a glimpse of truth
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HARPER
Maea,

I assume being Ancient that the tinderbox is a welcome sensation for you? I prefer sunlight myself as well. I grew up in a modern city where the smog and lights drowned out all the stars, and I lived and worked at night, so as close as I can get to the sun is where I prefer to be.

The evening we shared was just as wonderful on my side, so you don't need to thank me at all! I have nothing but time as well, so perhaps that makes us well-suited to keeping each other occupied.

In less than wonderful updates, though I hate to bring the mood down, Torchline - and my family - are not doing particularly well. My son was injured in the crash, and when I made it to his side I had a lot of answering to do for abandoning him when I abdicated. It has been a difficult time for me because of that. I admit my head is not in the best place for fun, which I believe you deserve more of right now than me prattling on about my woes. It's the only reason I would hesitate to impose myself upon you again so soon.

Of course, if you're adamant, I could never turn down a lady in need! I'm happy to have you show me this orchard if you name a day and place.

Yours,

Harper
and I was thrashing on the line
somewhere between desperate and divine

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Harper,

As you know, I grew up in the Hollowed Grounds. The weather used to be a matter of great concern to my family as they were farmers, and to me a sunny day used to mean being trapped indoors. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be free from such limitations. To say that heat doesn't bother me would be an understatement; my only concern these days is the coming Deepfrost. Did you know I haven't spent a single LongNight here since the barrier fell? But this year I might have to... I hope that the winter won't be too harsh, though who can say.

I was sorry to read about your son's injury, and the difficulties you two have experienced! It must be a difficult balance, isn't it, between caring for a child and caring for yourself? If you ever want someone to talk to who won't judge, know that I would think of it as a priviledge and never a burden. Nor do I feel compelled to always keep smiling - I was allowed to remove that kind of mask with you in the past, and I would be honored to return the favor whenever you need a friend.

Please do impose on me! So much bad happened over the past season that it couldn't fit in a letter. Can I look forward to tell you all about it soon?

I'll suggest some dates below, but you're honestly welcome any time, whenever you're passing by.

Sincerely,

Maea
Maea
Just a glimpse of truth
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦