[SE] Shipwreck
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000
Sah

Sah had come to King's End on a commission and to visit his family. It was as he was walking that he heard about the new market. Curious, he'd headed over and found himself browsing along the ships. He'd already picked up a snack and a few other items when Lilly's hackles raised, and Pad snarled. Alarmed, Sah glanced over and froze.

It started as a flicker in the corner of his eye, then a shiver down his spine. When he turned his head, there was nothing, yet the sensation remained. Cautious, he looked forward again and just slightly turned his head. The Wild Thunder's eyes widened as the being stayed visible and he got his first true look at it.

It looked humanoid, a shimmering glimmer of a person. He could make out a large hat and cloak. Something like a scabbard was outlined on their hip. Was it a sailor? A pirate? Sah couldn't quite tell with how little he could make out. "What do you want?"
I think therefore I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 1 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
// the only heaven i'll be sent to —
It’s really in search of new clothes or promoting the business that Thorn wanders out this way. And he’d been successful in his attempts to find a new bit of jewelry to adorn himself as well as the cooler, warmer options of a shawl he thinks he has an idea of what to do with.

He’s just about to depart when he hears a canine snarl, brow lifting as he leans around the edge of the dock to spy it, to see some strange man with who wolves (dogs? It’s hard to tell from here), but he does draw forward out of his own best interests, watching the spectral being that the stranger speaks to. “Probably wants his life back, mm?” Thorn hums from a musical tone as he steps up by Sah, his seafoam gaze open and easy when he glances at the other Abandoned’s face before turning his attention back to the ghost.
thorn
— is when i'm alone with you //
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah glanced over at the unfamiliar voice, gold considering seafoam for a heartbeat. "Perhaps." He rested a hand on Pad's shoulder, calming the dark wolf down enough that the Wild Thunder was assured his companion wouldn't lunge at the apparition. Keeping one eye on the spirit, Sah turned to better address Thorn, "Or he may want something else."

Scanning the spirit, Sah tried to determine if there was anything obvious. He blinked when it clicked, "Their scabbard is empty." Given the spirit's hazy appearance, it was hard to tell, but the edge of the sheath seemed indented inward and absent of a pommel. The second the words left his mouth, the spirit slowly lifted what seemed to be an arm and pointed out toward the water.
I think therefore I am,
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Seafoam takes in gold, and Thorn has nothing but a charming grin to offer the stranger – even as Sah rests a hand on the wolf companion, realizing shortly after that there were two wolves in their midst – something that pangs a reminder of Halo that he hadn’t realized he’d missed.

But that’s neither here nor there, because when Sah continues, Thorn’s head tilts as he squints at the spirit, then watches the fuzzy outline of the arm lifting, pointing over toward the water that he follows, lifting a hand to block out the sun from overhead as he tries to peer through it. “So… We’re lookin’ for a ghost sword?” Thorn asks a bit bewildered, before he laughs a musical sound and shakes his head. “In the water. Because that’s easy.
thorn
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah chuckled and shrugged, "It's Caido. When is anything easy?" Nodding at the spirit, the Wild Thunder cautiously walked over to the edge of the ship and placed his hands on the balcony before leaning over to peer at the water. His fingers tapped the wood as he hummed in thought, "At least we're not moving." Otherwise, they'd have to dive into the water and search.

A plan took shape in his mind, and he glanced back at Hawthorn, "I can use water magic. I might be able to use it to create small pockets down to the seabed if you can come up with a plan for getting the sword out from there." He'd never tried to search the seabed in such a way, but Sah thought he could pull it off.

The Wild Thunder might be able to retrieve the sword with his telekinesis, but he had a feeling holding back the water would take all of his concentration.
I think therefore I am,
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Change author:
At the confirmation, Thorn can’t help the soft chuckle that leaves him too, conceding the point with a sigh of agreement. He steps with the WildThunder, peering down into the water, nodding in thanks that they don’t have to scan the entirety of the seabed.

But it still meant that they needed to find a way to search it, and so Thorn lets his mind filter with ideas, wondering if his air magic might allow for him to have enough air to pop down there to see. “Maybe I could try to swim down there to collect it?” He suggests, humming thoughtfully. A thought occurs, shortly after though, and he pulls back to look at the trinkets sold on the boat, stepping away to ask to borrow one to rid the exchange of the ghost currently occupying its space.

The courtesan returns with a manta crystal necklace wrapped around his neck and a brilliant grin aimed at Sah. “Shouldn’t be a problem if we can determine where it is now.” He muses.
thorn
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah glanced at the necklace that the younger man had collected. "Should do." Turning his attention to the water, the older Abandoned held out a hand and focused on the waves. Brow furrowed; he began to manipulate the water to expose brief glimpses of the seabed. When each section revealed itself to lack the missing blade, he let the water erst and moved onto the next. There was frankly a concerning menagerie of items that appeared, however. Wasn't this a new market? It was almost impressive.

Eventually, however, one section glinted under the sun, and as Sah moved the waves, an old sword was uncovered from where it rested on the rocks. "There we go." The spirit behind the two Abandoned let out a strange chittering noise, and the Wild Thunder had to resist reacting beyond a simple nod.

Focusing on the water surrounding the sword, the Wild Thunder further locked it in place before turning to Hawthorn, "You should be able to get it now.
I think therefore I am,
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Change author:
Somehow, the way that Sah scans the bed of the ocean is exactly the opposite of what the courtesan had been expecting – and it’s with brows raised and a little hum of ooohs, and ahhs, that Thorn watches and searches where he can. Soon enough a chittering sound is met with the view of something on the floor.

He waits until the approval is met to go and swim below – losing the thin sheer outer fabric of a jacket that he wears for the moment, leaving him in a tight tank top. Without a single second of hesitation, Thorn dives off of the dock to the water below, swimming with a surprising amount of grace (he correlates it to his time spent in Torchline), as he swims further down to retrieve the sword.

It takes a few moments to reach it, but when he does he collects it carefully – the sensation staticky and weird, but one that he doesn’t try to pay much mind to when he starts to rise to the surface.
thorn
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah held his magic steady as Thorn swam, keeping a careful eye on the other Abandoned in case he needed help. He seemed to be a strong swimmer, but the entire situation was bizarre enough for him to remain on guard.

Thankfully, Thorn didn't seem to run into any issues and was soon returning with their prize. Sah held out a hand to help the other man back onto the boat, unsure of the sword's weight and how it might impede Thorn's movement. Once the courtesan was safely aboard, the Wild Thunder released his magic. The water rushed forward, splashing against the boat as it settled back into place.

The spirit watched silently all the while.
I think therefore I am,
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Change author:
Glad to have the help the second Thorn reaches the surface, he climbs into the boat alongside Sah with the staticky weapon still in hand, wondering if it was just the effect of the blade or if his hand was now numb. He settles for a second as the water rushes back and rocks the boat a little, pausing a moment to shake the water out of his hair.

The spirit is on his mind, though, and the courtesan brushes the long dark locks back away from his face as he approaches with the blade, offering it out toward the spirit all while hoping the stranger that had helped him might stay on his guard in case the spirit isn’t so kind. “Is this yours?
thorn
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

The spirit made a cracking noise, like waves splitting a ship, and raised a hand. The sword flew out of Thorn's grip, and the ghost easily caught it. They spent a moment seemingly inspecting the blade before sheathing it. The shimmer around them seemed to brighten, and they gave one last nod before dissolving into glittering dust that was quickly swept up by the wind.

Sah watched the events with steadily widening eyes. When the spirit finally vanished, he glanced over at his fellow Abandoned, "I think that does it. Thank you for your help." Chuckling slightly, he raised a brow, "I think we deserve a reward after that. I saw a stall selling freshly baked bread and pastries on one of the ships. Want to join me?"
I think therefore I am,
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Change author:
It’s the last thing the courtesan expects, honestly, watching as he lifts the sword to see if it’s the strange ghost creature’s before it’s suddenly slinging from his hand and soaring into the air and he’s so relieved by the loss of the thing sparking the tingling in his hands that he can’t quite seem to shake until the item is gone. “Oh! Good. I suppose?” His head tilts in his entire confusion, shrugging a few moments after and turns to Sah once the ghost has vasnished.

Oh I’ll never turn down a meal. Even with a frame like his own, he eats fairly well and consistency. Attempts at maintaining that body shape, of course. “Which would ya like?” He asks, already starting to move and take Sah with him. An for the rest of the day it’s a mixture of continuing their little trek of finding new things to try out and eat, all with good company in the form of an entire rest of the day out and about.

- FN <33
thorn