Life is better with two
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 355
Zavien
Zavien wasn't sure why his feet had led him to the shrine, but he found that he enjoyed the atmosphere around the Celestine. The calming environment was optimal for its healing purpose. Streams trickled into ponds filled with aquatic plants and bordered by overflowing greenery. The offerings of others were scattered around, placed intentionally before the god or goddess they were meant for. He hadn't originally come with the intention to pray so he had no offering.

Not even his usual smile graced his face. The day had drained him emotionally and physically. Considering there was no one here to hide his pain from, his strength to keep up a happy facade failed him. Although it had been years since his mother was found dead, every year, without exception, one day would hit him harder than the rest. It never fell on the day she died. No. It was always random and succeeded in blind-siding him every time. Earlier today, a young girl was being assaulted by a group of unsavory people. Without thinking, he jumped in to save her, although it may not have been the smartest decision. Watching her cower in the corner as the men fled, she reminded him of his mother. Nothing about her was similar to the woman who had raised him, but she somehow still brought forth painful memories. That's how it got him every time. Yet he continued to reassure her with a smile as he walked her home.

Now Zavien was leaned up against the statue depicting Vi, letting the cool water run over his injuries while he thought about how her family had embraced her. Luckily, he hadn't sustained any major wounds, but the scattered cuts and bruises sapped his energy regardless. As the water cleansed the blood from his hands, he felt compelled to pray. "I don't know if gods mourn when people die, but I've always found it interesting that faith and deference give us such comfort." He looked to the statue, wishing quietly that it consisted of warmth and life. The emotionless stone did little to ease his suffering. It only served to remind him of his solidarity. "Is it easier when you're not alone? Is that why gods - pardon me - and goddesses don't struggle the way we do?"

Rubbing his arm to provide some form of physical contact, Zavien pulled a crumbling cookie from his pocket. He'd planned on eating it before he was interrupted, but now he hoped it may serve another purpose. "Sorry it's not anything fancy or thought out. I hadn't really planned on stopping by." Zavien placed it gently in front of the statue, hoping it would keep from falling apart. If it did, he might fall apart himself. "Maybe you could take pity on me this one time? I just want to embrace another living being who will help me get through these difficult days. To make them more bearable. Someone who can make me smile when my own strength fails." His mom had always been that for him and it had been so long since he felt that kind of unconditional affection. The thought alone brought moisture to his eyes. "Perhaps there is another lonely soul you could send my way?" Zavien wrapped his arms around his legs, letting the soft trickling of the water soothe his emotions as he hoped his prayer reached Vi.

Citizenship Ability: With so many favoured in one place, fickle spirits tend to leave you alone. You cannot be cursed when visiting a shrine by a spirit.
Keep your face to the sunshine,
And you cannot see a shadow.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Does Vi hear? Is it he who sends this spirit Zavien’s way?

Who knows. What does happen, is a small and orange housecat appears, shimmering in some instances in the way the edges of it blur into what looks like glitter and starshine as it hops up onto the shrine that Zavien has left the cookie. It doesn’t crumble, but the feline sniffs it curiously.

Peering down at the man on the ground, the cat offers a little mewl of a sound before stretching and hopping down from it, immediately moving to headbutt the Accepted’s elbow from where he wraps his arms around his knees.
RANDOM EVENT
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Zavien
The light padding of paws attracted Zavien's attention as the small orange cat approached. At first he only recognized it as a standard cat that must have wandered its way in for the water the Celestine freely provided. Then he couldn't tell if it was his eyes or a trick of the light as its fur seemed to blur. But when he rubbed his eyes to look again, the blur looked more like a misty shimmer settling over the cat.

He watched carefully as it hopped up to sniff the cookie. The careful brush of its breath made him certain it would eat the one thing he'd had to offer the goddess. Instead, it turned away from the cookie to look at him. Zavien watched with curiosity, his aching heart softening at the cat's cute meow that somehow didn't echo in the space. He smiled when it reached its paws forward in a relaxed stretch. The small pink paw pads peeked out at him beneath the light orange of its fur. Just when he wanted to reach out and offer his hand, the cat jumped down to him, bumping its head against his arm.

Not wanting to scare them away, Zavien stifled his chuckle and whispered, "And where did you come from, friend?" He lifted his hand from his legs to try rubbing it behind their ears and along their spine. "Did the subtle scent of my blood lead you here? Or maybe my soft lamentations?" Straightening his legs to leave his lap exposed, he considered the possibilities. "Or did someone send you?" His sadness dissipated slightly. "Either way, thank you for coming." The smile on his face was genuine and full as he enjoyed the company of his small visitor.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

The spirit doesn’t intend to respond – nothing more than offering a little feline help in trying times, one that it clearly takes up on when Zavien straightens his legs. The cat is warm in his lap, curling up there for a long while, silent as ever, falling asleep alongside a quiet purring tone.

It will stay there until Zavien is content and needs to leave, to which the shimmering feline that had arrived will vanish just as quickly as it had arrived.
RANDOM EVENT
Zavien Alexander

Change author:
Zavien
His questions go unanswered, but he finds that he doesn't much care. The soft purring of the cat brings him comfort, granting him the strength to smile at the world again. Its warmth and soft fur ease the ache of his heart. For a short while, Zavien doesn't feel so alone. Life doesn't seem so bleak when there is someone to lighten your dark moods. However this cat may have found its way to him, he is happy to enjoy its company.

As the night grows old, Zavien feels his eyes become heavy with exhaustion and his mouth stretches in a yawn. He glances down at the cat bundled on his lap, smiling again in contentment. Although he should be leaving, he is hesitant to disturb the resting creature. As if understanding him, the cat rises. Zavien raises his eyebrows in surprise but continues to smile. Running his hand through the cat's orange pelt one more time, he whispers quietly, "Thank you." He's not sure who the words are for and yet he doesn't care in the moment as he leaves the shrine feeling lighter than when he entered.

{FIN}