Sweet sun, send me the moon
for Alys <3
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
He'd been gone way too often lately. There were the usual deliveries to make, of course, but there were also the relief and rebuilding efforts happening all around Caido, and the Void stuff wasn't getting any better.

It was, if anything, getting worse.

So Tal had finally decided to do something about it. Tonight he was going to refuse to deal with any of it. The world could go to the Climb in a handbasket for all he cared. He'd made plans and he wasn't going to let some fucked up invasion or mysterious scary ladies or purple ghosts ruin them.

The warmth of Longheat lingered into the Leafchange sunset that painted the western sky in shades of yellow and pink and orange, fading gradually to a silver-speckled deep violet in the east. A large, soft blanket had been spread on the lush grass outside of the Queen's Gambit and the scent of late season roses wafted over the pillows scattered across its surface. Small hanging lanterns anchored the blanket's corners so a stray breeze wouldn't ruin the presentation, their candles glowing invitingly into the gloaming. A picnic basket currently held pride of place in the center of it all, sharing a large tray with a pair of glasses that were currently empty.

The courier himself tugged self-consciously at his vest - not the armored one, but a pale blue one that contrasted with his black shirt and trousers. He alternated between pacing, trying to stand nonchalantly nearby, and fussing with the placement of the pillows.

He was waiting for a glacier-pale dragon wearing a charming blue bowtie to lead his lady to the site of their rendezvous. He just hoped Alys would arrive soon!
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Alys
And I can still see it all in my mind
All of you, all of me intertwined
Unlike her partner, Alys had most certainly not been gone too often lately. If anything, she'd become a bit of a homebody over the last season, perhaps so enamored with finally having a true home to enjoy rather than a room in the Academy that she was loathe to leave it. Especially with stories of the Void creatures and plants growing worse. Of course, she did leave on occasion to assist with relief efforts - she wasn't a complete recluse - but far and away, most of her time was spent tending her shop in King's End and keeping the home she and Tal had built.

So it was that this particular day found the seer sequestered in the shop, grinding herbs behind the counter. She'd left the door open to let in some fresh air, and she was so absorbed in her work that it took her a moment to notice that Boreal had entered. She greeted the dragon with a smile and a treat (obviously), which meant that Sascha needed a treat of her own, and it was then that Alys realized that Boreal had brought her something.

Tal's note made her smile, and she rushed to close up the shop and grab her bow (one could never be too careful, these days) before following the dragon to what was clearly a rendezvous of some sort. Their little trio - Alys, Boreal, and Sascha - came upon the courier just in time for sunset, which had painted the sky a beautiful array of vibrant colors that took Alys's breath away. The rest of Tal's setup didn't go unnoticed, of course - the large, soft blanket, weighted in place with small, hanging lanterns; the candles and the picnic basket surrounded by floral accents; even the pale blue vest the courier wore was different, having replaced his usual armored one for a different sort of look than the one Alys was used to.

She wondered if she'd forgotten some special occasion, suddenly self-conscious in the dark pants and simple blouse she'd chosen as her own outfit today. She could have taken a hint from Boreal's bow tie, she supposed, and taken a moment to put on something a little nicer. But she was here now, and if this was how Tal wanted to spend the evening, then she was certainly not going to complain.

The seer set aside her bow and quiver, slipping her arms around Tal for an affectionate hug. "This looks cozy," she said, tilting her head back to smile into his face. "And you and Boreal look very nice, too." She leaned her cheek against his chest, taking a deep breath of his unique scent. "I missed you."
I once believed love would be black and white
But it's golden
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Alys could have worn her oldest and shabbiest gardening clothes and Tal wouldn't have cared, or probably even noticed. This was the first time they'd had a date night in awhile, and all that mattered to him was that she was there, and her smile was as radiant as he remembered. He stopped tugging at his vest when he caught sight of her in the twilight, and his face split into a broad, happy grin as she caught him in a hug. His arms slipped around her to return the embrace, relishing once again the way she fit against him.

He might have stayed that way, perfectly content to extend the hug all the way through sunset and into night if she'd let him. Instead she pulled back far enough to look up at him, and he tilted his head down at her. He looked smugly pleased with himself at the compliments she granted, dropping his gaze down between them as his neck grew warm and the heat traveled to the tips of his ears.

When she leaned back into him her head was at the perfect height to tuck beneath his chin, and he did so with a sigh of contentment. "Missed you, too," he admitted easily. Sure, he'd said as much in the letters he regularly sent back to their home, but it never stopped being true or needing repeating. "An' you look pretty tonight, too. More'n y'usually do," he continued gallantly, tilting his chin enough so he could plant a kiss on the top of her head. His voice turned teasing as he squeezed her gently, smiling into her hair. "So did Boreal leave y'any flowers from th'bouquet I sent her with?"
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
For not the first time, Alys marveled at the ease with which they fit together. Never in a million years would she have thought that she, of all people, would be one half of such a successful pairing, and yet here Tal was with his arms wrapped around her, planting a gentle kiss against the top of her head. The companions settled nearby, with Sascha, at least, content to snuffle her way over to one of the pillows carefully scattered across the blanket, plopping down atop the plush accessory and watching her humans affectionately.

The Leafchange air was pleasant, still warm from the setting sun, though Alys was sure that she'd be content to snuggle against Tal's warmth as twilight turned to nightfall. She closed her eyes to soak in the feeling of his arms around her, blushing at his compliments and tightening her arms around him in response. At his question, though, she laughed. "Two survived," she admitted. "I put them in some water before I left. And I got a fair few petals to accompany them." It wasn't much in the way of a bouquet after Boreal was through with it, that was true, but it was just as endearing that way. After all, Boreal was as much a part of their little family as either of the humans, and it was only right that the dragon be able to add to (or, as the case may be, subtract from) such a thoughtful gesture.
But it's golden
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Boreal ambled over towards the maze, walking along the outside of it with as innocent a look as a dragon could get on her broad, blunt muzzle. She kept trying to stretch her neck towards the roses growing there to steal a mouthful, but she was never quite nonchalant enough to pull it off before the flowers closed up and slipped into the protection of the thorns until she had passed.

Tal resolutely ignored her.

It was easy when Alys was in his arms, reminding him of the best and bravest thing he'd ever done. It had been three months ago now, and every day he woke up next to her it felt like he was still dreaming. Even when he was traveling and they were far apart he could warm himself up just by thinking about her smile and the way her eyes softened when she looked at him. When he could actually hold her like this it was even better, and as much as he didn't want the evening to end he was already looking forward to what tomorrow would bring with her in his life.

Her laughter returned the grin to his face, infectious and uplifting, before his lips twitched into a more rueful angle. "Well, two ain't bad," he conceded with fond exasperation tinged with resignation for his wayward companion. "I dunno why she's so obsessed with eatin' flowers, but she's been fascinated with 'em since we started leavin' Halo." Years ago now, even before the War. "Th'fact that she left you any just shows how much she loves you," he teased gently, giving Alys's dark hair an affectionate nuzzle. "I'd say she gets it from me, but she's always liked you, even before I figured out how amazin' you are," he added, the warmth in his ears and neck finally migrating to his cheeks as he mumbled the clumsy but sincere attempt at flirtation into curling tresses.
Alys Glasse
Seer

SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
Three months - how had it been three months already since that perfect night in Stormbreak, the night that had changed Alys's life for the better? She'd never imagined herself where she was now, nestled safely in the arms of someone who adored her, and yet here she was - and happily. Indeed, there was nowhere else she could imagine wanting to be at just this moment, when it was just she and Tal and the companions and the sunset, with no worries of what tomorrow may bring. For now, it was just the two of them, happy and content, basking in the comfort of one another's presence.

It was still strange to Alys, who had never imagined herself in quite this situation - not in a bad way, certainly, but strange nonetheless. She'd always thought that falling in love was something reserved for other people, never that it was something that she herself would partake in. She smiled to herself as she snuggled closer to Tal. She often told her clients that love would find them if only they would stop searching for it; perhaps she'd been wiser than she'd known, for it was certainly true that she had stumbled unwittingly across her own relationship, and she couldn't have dreamed up a better one if she'd tried.

"I suppose there aren't as many flowers in Halo," the seer mused. "Who knows? Maybe they're some kind of dragon delicacy." The thought made her wrinkle her nose. Flowers were all well and good, but she hoped that Boreal was careful about which ones she ate - after all, some were poisonous! But her concern was short-lived, distracted as she was by Tal's sweet flirtations. She flushed with pleasure at the compliment, still unused to being the recipient of such open affection. "You're pretty incredible, yourself," she murmured back. "But I think Boreal mostly liked the treats at first. You care for me without any such bribery," she added impishly, tilting her head to grin up at him playfully.
But it's golden
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
"With Boreal, everythin's a delicacy," Tal responded with fond exasperation for all the various plants, animals, and occasional inanimate objects that found their way into his companion's mouth - and usually stomach. But his grin belied the teasing resignation in his voice as he cuddled Alys close and made his best effort at being gallant.

It was a little clumsy and rough around the edges, but he made up for it with sincerity and the gentle care in his embrace. He held Alys like she was a flower herself, beautiful and treasured and so vibrantly alive it made his heart do flip flops in his chest whenever she reminded him how much she cared for him in return. Her own compliments were filled with a warmth he had never imagined being in the receiving end of, sweet and bright enough that it felt more like Flowerbirth than Leafchange when she leaned back enough to smile at him.

It helped that even in the dusky shadows he could see that she was blushing, too. The mischievous lilt to her smile drew a bubble of laughter from the courier as he found himself unable to deny her insight. "Well... that's true enough. 's your own fault for makin' it so easy, though," he teased back, tilting his head down to nudge her nose with his own. "You an' Sascha. But I wouldn't turn down a little bribery," he added quickly, pulling back for his own grin to flicker, white teeth against the brown of his skin as he tugged them towards the picnic blanket without letting go of their hug. "If y'say you'll join me for dinner?" The only 'bribery' he really wanted was her presence by his side, the sound of her voice, and the smile on her lips, but he'd happily accept her laughter and the sparkle in her eyes when she looked at him as part of the bargain!