better in the morning
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i am made of bullets; shrapnel /// you are solar flares and soft lips
better creatures could love you i know ///
She’d sent a letter prior to her arrival – detailing out that she’s intending on visiting while also working on a quest from Dygra – a new adventure that she’s sure will be quite the talk. But she trusts Deimos entirely with helping her with it, especially this one where there’s the potential of her turning to stone.

The skyship ride over is as it always is, huddled by as many torches as she’s allowed, until they land and she practically bolts to the nearest space, until she’s knocking at Deimos and Evie’s door, jacket wrapped tight around her and a torch in her free hand, soaking up all of the warmth she can muster with an excited smile on her face and a little bag clutched to her chest where she holds the jacket tight against her.
kiada
/// but now they'll have to get through me
my love should wear a warning sign, damn right i remember you
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Broadcasts had echoed in his ear for some time now, penned down upon sheets of paper tucked nearby. How, and why, and when were sentiments occurring rapidly in their usual machinations and channels; brief worries over Sohalia, and then what it meant for everyone on Caido as a whole. And while he could’ve occupied himself with this entirely, there were other notions to be had – distractions while they figured out the course of next actions.

He’d spent more time on missives in the office, then working within the nursery at home, while awaiting Kiada’s arrival. To hear she’d taken on the notions of improving the jacket he’d supplied her with was enough of a nuance to assist (he would’ve done so anyway – however, this all but guaranteed she’d be able to visit more), and he maneuvered around the makeshift crib and the various other creations around the room as soon as the knock reverberated.

Belial, much like a very serious watchdog, screeched and beckoned, pacing by the door, and the Sword sighed, shaking his head, as he moved the peryton aside and permitted Kiada access. “Fire over there,” he mentioned with a wide grin, hustling her towards the hearth amidst the living room and closing the aperture behind her. She’d be able to snag any of the chairs nearby and sit in front of the flames for as long as necessary, which might give him time to drill her about quest requirements. “How was your trip?”
what does it mean to look upon a ruin
we are boneless. we are boiling hot blood.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The door opens and she offers a quick little hi to Belial, after having heard him screech from the other side of the door. A brighter grin is offered to Deimos as she does hurry in toward the fire, curling up nearby it with a little stool that she perches on, absolutely looking the part as she turns slightly every few seconds to try and thaw as quickly as possible.

A few moments later, the beautiful red jacket is removed, revealing a warm cream sweater (that to be honest isn’t even hers, but that’s besides the point). “It was good. I think I took over the majority of the torches, though.” She flashes a sheepish grin before she snorts and shakes her head. “How’s it been here?
kiada
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
The peryton ran over to the Harpy, bouncing and bounding around her feet, likely expecting a treat. A welcome reprieve, however much Deimos wouldn’t admit it, from the twisting and turning calculations, and trepidation, swarming through his mind. He snorted as she perched and thawed, unbothered by the notions of disappeared torches (easily replaced), and more to the notions that required her to be in Halo. “What do you need for the jacket?” His jawline jutted towards the very familiar crimson article, before leaning against a chair himself.

Bringing the flames upward so they roared in the hearth, his head tilted vaguely; it’d been fine in Halo – they’d been rebuilding, renewing, revitalizing, nearly finished with refurbishing the walls again. So instead of meandering into those residual projects and prospects, he lingered in the thread of ongoing chaos. “Did you hear the strange broadcasts?”
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She’s more than capable of thawing and giving the peryton attention in lieu of edible treats, a smile blooming on her face as she peers back up at Deimos (looking as warm as ever, given the circumstances). “To bathe in the lava pits, to catch and butcher a ningo and bring the meat and feathers with me when I turn it in, standing out in the cold for as long as the jacket allows currently, and collecting sap from a blood birch tree.” She lists the tasks off easily, flashing him another easy smile. “I’ve done the lava pits already. I thought maybe I could stay the night tonight and maybe test the cold and get a ningo?” She suggests, watching him as she scratches Belial’s cheek and neck as she seems to already start growing more limber.

As for the broadcasts? Her smile falls in a twitch and disappears, nodding in a way that seems to say unfortunately. “It’s… Weird. I thought I was going crazy at first.” Her nose wrinkles with the thought, idly sitting there with the warm fire to her back as she focuses on Deimos.
kiada
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Despite the lack of food, the peryton wiggled around in her hands, a squirming presence to ensure she scratched at his head and back, insistent on each twist and turn of his lithe frame. While Belial demanded her attention, Deimos turned his entirely upon the tasks, listening as they were rattled off quickly and efficiently. There was some manner of testing there, and he had to wonder about this Dygra, and what limitations were expanded. While he would certainly ensure Kiada’s safety, not everyone could be so inclined.

Nodding at the question, he answered without issue. “Of course.” They had plenty of room, and Evie would enjoy more company gathered around their table. “Which did you want to do first?”

Though grateful others had heard the vocals, the matters at hand didn’t leave him relieved. His brows grew furrowed, stare back down to the floor, then the fire, studying the pathways of flames as he mulled in thought. “I do not like it – how they took power so easily. And what about Sohalia?” A question Kiada wouldn’t be able to answer, but he mused out loud regardless. Young, bold, ready to change and alter the world when she wasn’t distracted – Sohalia had been enough to take down the Abandoned chains and guards, but then what?
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
A smile brightens the Harpy’s face, having always missed Auni and Khairi but never quite expressing it until the smile that graces her face when given the opportunity to give her adorations to others. Belial could demand all of her attention, for all that Kiada cared. At least, though, she continues to scratch wherever the peryton wishes while she answers Deimos’ questions, lifting her gaze now and then to focus on him to make sure he knew she was still paying attention.

Testing the cold first, I think, because at least I could sleep here in front of the fireplace like an ursur rug to warm up.” She teases, chiming a soft little laugh before she shakes her head and settles again, letting the smile falter because talk of the strange broadcasts through their minds is at the forefront and she twitches her nose a little in her distaste.

I hope she’s okay. But… If this… Family, is anything like what Remi said about Dahlia, I can’t say I’m surprised they took it easily.” She lets her lips twitch into a small frown, exhaling softly. “I did see Remi just after you visited last, also.” She tacks on the tidbit, given that they had just talked about the Lullaby Bastion.
kiada
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Belial preened, very content to steal any and all attention, nudging his antlers against her knee in hopes of gaining a few good scratches there too. Meanwhile, Deimos arched his brow at the cold portions first, and snorted at the insinuation that she’d have to sleep on the lower surface of the house. “The other rooms have fireplaces too. You do not need to curl up on the floor.” At the notions though, he began wondering if he should be snagging at other parks, mittens, hats, and more to place upon her. “Would it be easy enough to step out onto the deck?” And then hasten right back in – no worse for the wear?

Presuming she’d need the opportunity to continue warming up from her latest experiences in rampaging through Halovian streets, it provided ample chances to continue the Family conversation. Sighing and crossing his arms as he continued to lean against the chair rather than sit, his gaze flickered upwards, towards windows, watching nothing in particular; mind clambering in other venues, plots, and calculations. “And what is stopping them from taking more?” a rumble, followed by the muscles in his jaw tightening. Halo had multitudes of defenses and munitions, but that wouldn’t alleviate the worries. And how many were there? They'd only heard of Dahlia, but with this Vox addition...

His brow arched at the subject matter of Remi, whom he’d seen recently too. “He was all right?”
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She hums a laugh but nods regardless, thankful that there are other rooms that harbor a fireplace too – even if she was more than comfortable curling up quite literally in the fireplace, which might be necessary given the test they intend to conduct. It’s a thought that has her idly scratching Belial still, humming a little as she considers it. “Maybe. I have to test the limits, so, depends on how cold it is out there.” On the porch versus out elsewhere, where there might not be the slight warmth from being nearer to a building.

He leans against the chair, though, while they continue to talk about the broadcast, and her nose wrinkles at the topic as Deimos adds his own question, causing the Harpy to shake her head. “Nothing, I would imagine.” Something that burned unfortunately against the back of her mind where things had just started going right.

As for Remi? “He was good. It was really nice to see him.” She admits, flashing the Sword a more relaxed smile. “We got lunch and caught up. Last time I’d seen him was before the war.
kiada
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Truth be told, the tundra, lacking the protective dome, would be far colder. However, he wasn’t certain she’d be able to make it back without turning to stone, and therefore, it was not in the pragmatic sense of his ideas. He’d have to defer to her for the decision; she knew her limitations far better than anyone else did. “All right,” he mustered with a shrug, content to at least be a protective menace when the time came. “I will leave it up to you then,” and he nodded, eventually calling the little beast away to distract him with food.

Parting from the lean upon the chair and puttering towards the kitchen – Belial beelining rapidly – he could still listen and respond, occupying himself in the matter of restlessness beginning to coil along his spine. The nothing gave him pause, but in the matter of sedition – because there had to be something amongst and amidst them that could squash, or at least try, the sudden influx of the Family. And he wasn’t one to give in so easily. “I doubt that,” he murmured, cutting a piece of ningo into slices for the peryton now pacing around his legs. “We simply have not found it yet.”

Remi’s odd inclusion into the foray, or not (given the subject matter), had him snorting. “He told me he is a demigod for Mort now,” which could explain the change in temperament. "Glad it went well for both of you."
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She gives Deimos a bright smile as he defers it to her judgement, nodding in agreement and positive that they could find a spot within the dome to be cold enough, just perhaps not on the doorstep of the home so close to the touch of warmth. But she soaks it up as much as she can right now before the endeavor, sure that she’d find a spot right back here again the second it was done, only likely far more sluggish and frigid.

She watches as he steps away into the kitchen, her smile faltering as worry filters her mind at the mention of doubt, but Kiada couldn’t quite think through it all given that if Remi didn’t stand a chance… Maybe it was a numbers thing? Get enough of them together and perhaps the Family would be smaller, more easy to tackle, a though that has her content enough to hum a quiet agreement. “We have to keep looking.” Which she’s sure that Deimos never stopped, but that was neither here nor there.

At the mention of Remi, though, her smile shifts a bit lopsided. “He didn’t mention that to me. Perhaps it was just before?” She can’t recall – what she can recall is the happiness that had sparked on his face, and she wonders if it’s mostly because of her small resemblances to her mother. “I’m glad too.” She says on a soft sigh, stretching out a little in front of the fire again, as if working up the courage to get ready for their small adventure.
kiada
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
A mulish thought contorted in his head – and while he kept them all there, the mind still whirled. There were so many more people than just Remi. Everyone had abilities – whether it be through channeling, their own incantations and shifts, the fire emblazoned in their souls – that perhaps it didn’t have to be the toughest or the strongest this time around. Maybe it would be down to the most clever and cunning, those who could outsmart rather than simply withstand and endure. There were too many options to sink their heads into sand or snow and simply quit; let the world churn and burn them over when something became tough. “There will be something,” he insisted again, because they’d keep striving.

Lowering the plate of food to the peryton, the deer immediately began to devour the ningo, and the Sword glanced back at Kiada, shrugging. “It could have been.” He didn’t know the exact timeframe either, and hadn’t asked. As long as he’d treated Kiada well was all that mattered within the interim – and he went about skulking through the kitchen again, ensuring the fire was roaring behind her. “Are you hungry?”
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She nods, content to let them focus on the bits and pieces of what they’re encountering before it becomes too much and overwhelming, where it feels impossible to fight back against the threat that faces them now. One step at a time, one foot in front of the other. They’d get through it.

They had before and they would again, and she has to cling to that hope even if it feels difficult.

She listens as Belial devours the ningo and she snorts a little, fine with letting the subject of Remi and other tasks break through the terror that could grip her if she kept thinking further down the line of what’s currently ongoing. Especially now with her status as a government official.

Either way, she perks up and is now sufficiently warm (too hot to touch with how long she’d lingered in front of that fire), to join Deimos in the kitchen, warm and rejuvenated. “I could always eat.” She flashes him a toothy grin. She has to make up for lost time as an Ascended, as far as she’s concerned. “What’s on the menu?” She asks, figuring that it might help with the task of enduring the cold if she was full and content beforehand.
kiada
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Deimos didn’t even call it hope or optimism, but the burning ichor of seditious fuel in his lungs, in his soul. How they’d encountered other disasters and remained. How they’d countered other measures and stayed. How they’d met the sorrows of war and survived; either by fighting upon mountains or altering into something else entirely. Pathways emerged through either conviction or rebellion, and he could stand in both.

Instead though, it was discussion of food and preparation, of another point of sustenance, of kindling, of incitement, for her own plans. Allowing a small smile to hasten over his mouth, and a snort to follow suit, his head tilted, barely listening to Belial’s gulping nuances (too familiar; and the peryton would be done soon so he could partake and beg for another course). “Ursur or more ningo,” leaving her to decide on which meats; both plentiful in Halo. “I have some potatoes and bread ready too.” A decent lunch, sturdy and hardy, some portions sweetened, others savory, and whatever wasn’t chosen now could be used for dinner later.