A drop is all you need
For Tal and Dygra!
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000

Edmund was equally eager and nervous about bringing Tal to Mother. As they walked in the direction of the shrine, he glanced at his guildmate, "I know that you're squeamish about it, but the best offering for Mother is blood. If you don't want to use your own, do you want to quickly hunt something to bring her instead if you haven't done so already? I'm sure she would prefer your own blood, though." He wasn't sure what the courier had prepared, but Edmund wanted to set the man up for success.

Once offerings were sorted, they entered the shrine. The rubies glittered soothingly, and the Ancient found his tail flicking lazily as he led them deeper in. They made their way to the center, and Edmund pricked his finger against the sharp gems. "Hello, Mother. I hope that you're well. I've missed you. I've been getting to know my siblings, as you suggested, and it's been wonderful. I've helped with a few of their personal quests too." He smiled softly, "Thank you for giving me the push to do so." With every Ancient he met, Edmund felt more at ease. They were all such wonderful people, and he looked forward to growing closer to them all.  

The young Ancient ran a tongue over his fangs as he found his words, "I was wondering if you would please be willing to help me create armor? Perhaps one that would allow me to burn those who attack me?" With the threat of the Family, he needed to protect himself and although he had kept up with his training, he needed to improve his defensive measures.  

Stepping back to let Tal step forward, Edmund gestured to the man, "I've also brought my guildmate Talyson here. We have something to ask you as I wish to help my guildmates reach their goals. If you have the time, would you please hear his request?

~
Edmund offers his blood, introduces Talyson, and requests a quest to get some fiery armor.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
MP: 5695
Tal wasn't squeamish well, maybe a little bit about blood. His own blood, in particular, looked way better on the inside of his body than the outside, if he did say so himself. But he trusted his guildmate to give him good advice about the goddess he had sworn himself to, so the courier steeled himself for the pain as they descended into the lake's cavern shrine and fiddled with his Dagger as Edmund made his own prayers and request.

And with such a gracious introduction, there really was no backing out now. Swallowing hard - and trying not to have second thoughts about the wisdom of what he'd practically begged Edmund for the chance to do - he shuffled forward and extended his hand, using his Dagger to slice across the soft skin of his palm with a flinch of pain. He winced harder as he closed his fingers around the wound and squeezed the blood onto the alter in a thick, viscous stream that thankfully slowed as he spoke. "Hello miss, uh, Lady Dygra," he began, clearing his throat self-consciously. "I just wanted t'ask permission since... uh, since a lotta Ancients are callin' th'Grounds home now. Would it be okay if I built a new Old Gods shrine out in th'Glade? Please?"

Did Dygra count as a resident of the Grounds since she had a shrine here? Tal figured it was better to be safe than sorry!

With so many spirits around you, you attract the attention of the gods when visiting a shrine. Roll with advantage when praying at a shrine. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of your shrine post).

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Inside, it does shimmer and almost seems to glow with a crimson hue – ruby clusters bunching from each open and available space, glinting and reflecting the little bits of light that appear to shine through it. It’s enough light that the two men would also be able to see the remains of some bones toward the back of the shrine, other offerings left for the goddess of entropy.

As the requests are made, the bones start to move in the back, pulling themselves together in a little puppeteering motion, jaw bones of deer clicking and clacking against one another as an other-worldly voice comes from both nowhere and everywhere at the same time. “Shrines for gods, gods to grant armor, gods for this and gods for that. Silly, needy strangers.” The spirit doesn’t make sense, not entirely, but the spirit does think they’ve hit a gold mine on straddling the line between creepy and funny, if only the hovering bones didn’t seem to stare through the Ancient and Accepted with black, depthless holes for eyes awaiting an answer.
Random Event
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000

Talyson offered his blood, and Edmund nodded approvingly. That sentiment remained as his guildmate said his piece while showing Mother the proper respect. Yet it was for naught as an unknown being appeared instead.

Edmund frowned, his tail flicking as he took a single step towards the animated bones, "Needy would imply a repetition of requests where one has no intention to work to reach their goals. A pair of requests with the intention to earn what we desire wouldn't fall under that, would it?" It was entirely possible that the young Ancient was wasting his time defending their presence at the shrine. Yet, he couldn't help but be offended. Edmund had waited until he'd made progress on Mother's unofficial quest for him before even considering asking something as selfish as help with armor. As such, it felt necessary.

He cleared his throat, forcing himself to relax, "Apologies. I've forgotten my manners. I am Edmund. Who might you be?"

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
MP: 5695
Tal had, in his misspent youth traveling the Tundra on his dogsled, gotten used to not being answered at shrines. Sure, it had turned out that the heralds had actually been stuck behind a Barrier for most of his life, but since they'd returned he'd generally been ridiculously lucky with getting answered by the god he prayed to.

Recently, though, his luck was taking a far less comfortable turn, and he was starting to see why some people maybe weren't so excited to pray to the gods as often as he usually did.

At first he thought the bone-puppet was some new trick of Ludo's but... they weren't anywhere near one of the masked god's shrines, and Tal edged back to stand beside Edmund for moral support. Since it was a Dygra shrine, he figured it was smarter to let the Ancient take the lead in dealing with this spirit in case it was one of the Eldest Goddess's messengers. "Tal," he offered uneasily. "Sorry for botherin' you. Do you, uh... live around here?" he asked, looking around the shrine and the lake beyond it as if more skeletal puppets might pop out of the rock and rubies.