Heal what has been hurt
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
The young woman sat quiet, listening and thinking even after Jigano went quiet again. It had been obvious from the beginning that Roana would be a source of dispute, and it wasn't as though Maea didn't understand why. The Northavener was a strong woman who acted based on personal conviction, didn't stop to ask permission when the believed she was in the right and did not apologize if it wasn't clear she had actually made a mistake. She was a solitary tiger loose amidst the pack of wild dogs that was the populace of the Hollow, and it was only too easy to make her out as the villain.

The truth was though, they had all been played. While they squabbled amongst one another the Ascended had been left with free reins to accomplish their task, and now thr Voice was free, thr barrier had fallen... and they were left to pick up the pieces best they could.

Maea sighed, looking as tired as she felt. The timing of her 'coup' har been poorly chosen, but it had also only happened because of the surrounding circumstances. Nothing about it was ideal, from the time to the people... and certainly not the leader. Rory had been very correct in that she was a poor choice, but it spoke volumes of the Hollow overall that she was the only one who acted.

Colmplacency was a habit long ingrained into her people, and it was as hard to shake as it was dangerous, now that they had become exposed.

"I invited both Roana and Rory because I wanted to offer them a chance to talk without the eyes of their followers on them. And because I thought they would both be able to contribute. Just like I chose the others because of what they can bring to the table.

Roana, because she  has a military background and is familiar among the Northaveners, and Rory because right now he has the ear of the more hot-headed Naturals. I chose Evie because she's a Wordsworth, they have sway among the rest; the farmers, the artisans... Sam was picked for the same reason and because I know he has a level head and doesn't speak as harshly as his sister... and he's an Ascended.

And I asked you, because you're the most intelligent person I know. You are well connected, experienced and you have a way with words I really lack..."

But Jigano had not come, Rory had not stayed, and in their place was Vai, who's priorities probably left the Council at third place, at best. After the baby, and probably after the infirmary too. Maea was now left with one of the most publicly hated figures in the Hollow, a stingey childhood friend who only helped Maea as long as there was something in it for her, a nervous wreck and a pregnant woman. Not exactly the solid foundation she had hoped for...

She pulled a hand through the hair, tugging loose silky white strand from the cord that held it back from her face.

"I don't know if I can pull this off" she admitted wearily. "Without you and Rory... even if we do manage to set up a system, it can't work if the council bicker amongst ourselves and are pressured from the outside at the same time. Is it just the attempt to enter the Spire that has you set against Roana? Or is there something else...?"
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-08-2019, 05:29 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-08-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-08-2019, 09:42 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-09-2019, 05:40 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 10:06 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-10-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-10-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-10-2019, 11:23 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-11-2019, 03:41 AM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-11-2019, 11:27 AM