Heal what has been hurt
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
"For Roana, that made sense," Jigano said, nodding. "But for Rory... taking the leader from those gathered around the Spire could have gone very badly. He was the only thing keeping them leashed. We got very, very lucky that nothing happened while he was gone, that Amalia couldn't handle," he finished grimly. "I don't doubt that you had the best of intentions for it, but it was still a risky thing to do." And in the end, Rory had found the would-be government to be a fool's dream, and had left it behind.

"Roana is known to the Northhaveners, but I believe Zariah has more command of them," he said quietly. "And all of the Launcelyns are military as well, to my knowledge. Not that I think any of them would make better leaders," he qualified with a grimace. "But none of them have raised the enmity and outright hatred of so many naturals as Roana has. Nor has she done much to endear herself to other Outlanders not from Northhaven. Of all who you could have picked..." he sighed and shook his head. "I have no qualms with Evie. I don't know her well, but I trust you do. Sam, though... he has told me that the other Ascended hold him in some contempt. And that he spent most of his life avoiding contact with most people, hiding away in his house and behind his book stall. And he is prone to panicking and lashing out in fear and anger," the bard said soberly, meeting Maea's pale eyes with his solemn blue ones. "He is a good man, and I would trust him at my side in times of trouble, but he is also impulsive, and he does not always listen to what people have to say. He is quiet, yes, but that is not the same as level-headed. Giving him a place in a government... it will put a great deal of pressure on him, in a very short amount of time," he said, voice becoming even softer with worry for his friend. "I can only hope it is not too much." And he had no doubt that Sam would have accepted the position without thinking twice about it, because he wanted so badly to feel wanted and liked and recognized... and Maea had played directly on those insecurities to secure his loyalty. A troubling thought.

The lorekeeper nodded his head in acknowledgment of the kind words, but waited to hear what else she had to say, and at last the truth came out. "You won't know unless you try," he said simply. "I disagreed, strenuously, with your timing - timing that was forced by Roana, I know, but that just makes it look like you are appeasing her by letting her spark the conflict and then rewarding her with power... which may have contributed to her cockiness at the Spire and her little band of renegades making death threats against Rory," he added with a hardness to his jaw and the flash of steel in his eyes again. "Either with her blessing or because she could not - or chose not to - control them, I don't know... and in truth, I don't care. Our initial meeting, back in Deepfrost, painted her as a woman who was hostile against any who were non-Northhaveners, and selfishly stubborn enough to let a friend bleed out rather than accept aid from an 'outsider.' Which makes her actions at the Spire frankly hypocritical," he added, frown deepening. "It was that same situation with me, writ small, which she later turned around and attempted to force on others - only, without their consent."

He leaned back, smoothing the frown from his face as he considered Maea's earnest sincerity and desire to help - and sighed, feeling far older than his years gave him any right to. "The Ascended are unlikely to be ruled now that they have pulled off such a coup," he warned her frankly. "And there will be plenty among the more pious naturals who will see Roana's presence as a deliberate insult now. There will be pressure from the outside, at some point. Possibly from two separate sources... worse by far if the two groups find common ground and unite against you. It is up to you and the friends you have placed in power to decide how you will handle it. With an Outlander's iron sword, or some other method... will be up to you, as the one who pulled them all together."

Messages In This Thread
Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-08-2019, 05:29 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-08-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-08-2019, 09:42 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-09-2019, 05:40 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 10:06 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-10-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-10-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-10-2019, 11:23 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-11-2019, 03:41 AM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-11-2019, 11:27 AM