Heal what has been hurt
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
"An election," he repeated curiously. "An interesting thought. But no one cared about starting a government before... what makes you think the people of the Hollow can be bothered to participate in such a thing now? Yes, the barrier is down, but so far little has changed. What incentive will people who have gone their own way for centuries have to put themselves under someone else's yoke - and willingly?" He held up a hand to forestall protest, giving a slight shake of his head. "These aren't necessarily criticisms, but they are problems you'll need to think about, Maea. They were the same ones I ran into, when trying to feel out if a government was needed - or even wanted - here. I had too many other problems to work on to pursue answers, but you have now put yourself in the position where you will need to make the time to do so." He sighed, considering her own question with a thoughtful tilt of his head. "If I had moved ahead, though... Amalia and Rory have the admiration of many. Rory is a natural leader, though it's not a mantle he would seek on his own. Amalia... from what I have heard in rumor and gossip around town, she comes from a well-respected family. Not as wealthy as the Wordsworths, perhaps, but more admired for having a common touch and kindness. She, too, would avoid authority, but she is well-versed on the gods and offers a cautionary voice. She and Evie together would make a potent combination for representing Natural interests." He hummed tapping his fingers on the table as he ran through a list of other names. "The Northhaveners might have united under Ronin... but they are a militant bunch. Used to violence and desperation, and from a place where it sounded as though hierarchy mattered more than merit or morality. As individuals they may be more flexible or forgiving, but of them all... Vervain is the best choice, with Isla unable to step forward," he decided at last. "But I would also consider Rexanna, who was trained to rulership, or Caiside, who was a leader in his own world," he finished with a short nod to himself at the list. "And since they are not from Northhaven, they can more readily represent the interests of other Outlanders, as well."

He listened as Maea spoke about Roana, though his expression closed down and there was a tension about his eyes at her words. "So," he said softly when she was done. "She explained why she acts the way she does... but refused to consider changing her actions, in spite of being uninvited guests in your homes? Even after you tried to show her why so many protested to their heavy-handed actions?" He was very much biased against Roana, and he did not hide it from Maea, though he kept his tone civil and controlled.

He sighed, relenting and softening his stiff posture a little as the young woman seemed to shrink down on herself. "It was too soon," he murmured gently, feeling himself being manipulated... and deciding to allow it, for one of his Loreseekers. "We hadn't had time to train yet, no time for you to learn the skills you needed to survive in there... That is why Rory and I wanted to delay her attack. Though, yes, Safrin warned us that what we were doing would result in ruin and the anger of the Old Gods." Warned, even as she played favorites and gave Ronin the means to defeat the Spire's Guardian, sending very mixed signals to them all.

His eyes narrowed as the woman across from him shivered and looked ill, and he frowned again - though not at her. "Would you like tea?" he offered, a trace of his old kindness back in his voice. "And when you are ready, I would dearly like to know the details of your interaction with her. Though that will wait, as long as you need to," he reassured her gently.

Messages In This Thread
Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-08-2019, 05:29 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-08-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-08-2019, 09:42 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-09-2019, 05:40 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 10:06 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-10-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-10-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-10-2019, 11:23 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-11-2019, 03:41 AM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-11-2019, 11:27 AM