Heal what has been hurt
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
He had a point, and one that Maea still didn't have an answer to. She knew the reasons and Jigano knew them too, but to explain them to people who would never set foot outside the barrier even now that it only existed in their minds? Short of any actual threats from the outside it would be a hard thing to do.

"For now I want the dissent between Outlander and Natural be the main reason, and the Council a means to work out some of the differences... But you're right, I need to give it more thought.

Could... I ask you to help me with something to that end? I need to know what people complain about, what doesn't sit well with them. From both sides. I know some farmers crumble about extra work to feed everyone, and there was an issue raised about 'taking' the ruins in the Settlement for housing, with the counter argument being that there was no other alternatives...

But if there are other points of contention I really need to know. Not immediately, mind you, unless you know of something for certain...?"

The girl tucked away the names he offered for consideration. She had not known anything about Rexanna's or Caiside's past stints as rulers as her encounter with both had been brief, but Maea liked them both... and there was still spaces open if they would consider helping her. As for Amalia... their relation was complicated, but if Maea could work with Evie she could probably set aside her personal issues and work with the Chandrakant as well. After all, leaving ego outside the door was what she asked of everyone else, and she should be setting examples, shouldn't she?

"Vervain is already helping.. She volunteered, and I think she'll be a good help... But she's also very pregnant, so I will ask some of the others you mentioned if they would be interested. And your spot is always open, if you change your mind. Same with Rory."

Some of the worst tension was easing, in tune with Jigano's softening tone. If she was manipulating him it was done unintentionally, and if she had been seeking pity that too was not done on purpose. If he would forgive her for acting rashly it was already too much to hope for... and the girl wasn't foolish enough to think her actions would be forgotten. Didn't expect it. A fool she might be, naive and a hopelessly optimistic dreamer... but not stupid. She grimaced when he leveled criticism at Roana and even at Safrin - that was some nerves! - but only nodded in quiet acceptance; it had been a disaster, and no excuses could absolve her of responsibility.

"I wish..." she began, then faltered at the not-so-hidden steel in Jigano's eyes as he spoke of Roana. But now she had started and it was pointless to pretend she didn't like Roana - she did, as controversial as it might be right now - so Maea forged ahead anyway.

"I wish you and her could meet, and talk, and work out all these things. If you continue to mistrust each other like this, I don't think it will end well. For anyone." Another foolish hope; that two of get friends might stop arguing. Oh, it was a sweet dream, but was it possible?

Eventually the topic fell towards the Voice however, and with paling lips Maea nodded, accepting the offer of tea. It would not be easy to talk about that, nor pleasant. Alas, she recognized the necessity, and steeled herself as best she could before the inevitable questions would come.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-08-2019, 05:29 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-08-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-08-2019, 09:42 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-09-2019, 05:40 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 10:06 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-10-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-10-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-10-2019, 11:23 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-11-2019, 03:41 AM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-11-2019, 11:27 AM