Heal what has been hurt
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
He listened to her request, but even as she asked it he gave a careful shake of his head. "With the barrier gone, I will be spending less time here," he explained. "That was always my intention, once I suspected it could be brought down. I hadn't expected it to happen so soon... but now that it has, I will be expanding the interests of the Loreseekers out into the wider world. I already have requests from clients for information they wish pursued out there, and for me the Guild will always take precedence... as you said, Vai's motherhood will take precedence for her, and your new government will take precedence for you, over your work for the Guild." He shrugged in acceptance of the way the world worked, admitting gracious defeat to changed priorities. "You'd do better to try and coax Edrei into that position for you. As the Rathskeller's new mistress she's well-placed to hear complaints and gossip of the kind you seek," he added helpfully.

He nodded again at her invitation, but it was noncommittal this time. He had not exactly sworn off positions of leadership, but he was far more hesitant to take them on than he had been in the past. That was a chapter of his life he had no desire to reopen, no more might Rexanna, though she would still have good advice. A small group, a handful or so of people, yes. When he knew individual faces and stories and strengths and weaknesses... yes. But to lead a force large enough that he didn't know them all by name? Gods least fortunate, he was not ready to do that again any time soon!

He had spoken respectfully of Safrin's warning, careful not to malign the powerful goddess out loud, and so was surprised when Maea grimaced at the name. Perhaps she had a grudge against the Star-Eyed One? If so, it was something he wanted no part in. He had trouble enough walking his own tightrope between respect for the power of the local deities and frustration with the secrets that had been kept for so long, and the aid that had been given in drips and drabs at the end.

"We have met," the bard reminded Maea drily. "That is how I formed this opinion of her. And perhaps if her insult was to me alone I might have considered letting it pass. But she threatened more than just me, Ms. Valair. She threatened those who are under my protection, and she meant every word. For that, and for the conflict she tried to spark in her selfish quest for glory, she is not welcome here - not in my presence, and not in my Hall." He regarded the pale mage with ice in his eyes and an unyielding steel beneath his more usual calm humor. "Am. I. Clear?"

It was the last thing he had wanted to say, and part of him ached at the violation of the tenet he had intended the guild to be built upon... but Maea had gone behind his back once already, and he could no longer trust her not to do the same again, attempting to force some fairy-tale reconciliation on non-consenting adults. His hand had been forced, and though the decision was his alone he would not soon forgot who had created the situation that put him in such a position.

He prepared the tea in silence, allowing Maea to marshal her resources, and giving himself time to cage his temper and thaw the ice from his blood. He settled the steaming mugs in front of them both after awhile - one of Sam's blends, fruity and tasting of apples - before arching a brow at his colleague. "We do not have to do this today," he reminded her gently. "If you need more time to put distance between yourself and what happened. But if you want to get it over with, why don't you start at the beginning? Which shrine did you go to, and when?"

Messages In This Thread
Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-08-2019, 05:29 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-08-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-08-2019, 09:42 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-09-2019, 05:40 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-09-2019, 10:06 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-10-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-10-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-10-2019, 11:23 PM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Jigano - 04-11-2019, 03:41 AM
RE: Heal what has been hurt - by Maea - 04-11-2019, 11:27 AM