To Evie
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Greetings
and hello, Evie, my friend.

As I promised, here comes a letter for you. I hope it will reach you before Deepfrost make correspondence difficult. I heard someone say that Halo is not snowed in like it used to be, is that true? Still, I imagine ravens will have a difficult time in the cold, and I have gained a new appreciation for their struggles. I never know what it is that prompts the development of new abilities and shifts, but I must have done something right - because whoever it is that decides these things has granted me wings. I can fly now! And maybe it's dramatic of me but I feel like a completely new person.

You know how sometimes a hard cry makes it easier to smile after? Well, it's like that. Do you remember my brother's wife, Lienna? She spent a few weeks haunting my dreams this season, and when I asked someone for help to make her go away, what I got was a whole lot of crap I didn't want to hear. About my family, and the way I've been acting, and how I was letting them down by not treasuring myself, and more in that same vein. It's a lot to get thrown in your face. Worse when you realize they're not wrong. And I could have stomached it better if it didn't come from a relative stranger.

Tell me honestly - do you think I've been moping around?

I spoke to Danta about the meeting I mentioned before we parted. He agreed to hosting it here in Hollowed Grounds, and Kiada has offered to help with preparations, so here is what I am hoping to set in motion; a great ball, inviting all the dignitaries of the regions that oppose the Family to come talk to each other in person. We can feast, and dance, and make friends - and then we can discuss what we know, and what we need to do in order to protect ourselves and each other. If you have any suggestions and ideas I would love to hear them! My thought is that it should take place sometime during Deepfrost, before LongNight.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do with myself and this new life I have been granted. And the only thing I've figured out so far is that I am done running away from difficult things. I probably won't be able to do much on the front line, but if I can contribute in even a small way, that's what I intend to do.

Business and introspection aside; how are you faring? Tell me about your life, and what you've been up to. It's interesting to have a chance to get to know you all over again, and I look forward to hearing from you.
With love
Maea Valair
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Salutations

Maea,

Your letter reached me before the first frost, but I've sent my reply along on one of our larger seabirds as they're hardier. Unfortunately I didn't have adequate time to pen you a reply as I gave birth! We have a son, his name is Erebos. If you will be attending the Tournament in Torchline, perhaps I can introduce you to him there? I'm afraid that's the only news of myself I have to share, as suddenly my days are entirely consumed with all that having a newborn involves. Though I must admit I'm ecstatic to be able to sleep on my stomach again! Quite the exhilarating letter, right?

Halo is not nearly so hard to traverse these days even in Deepfrost. The Greenwing in particular manages to retain ground cover and brush throughout the year, and our skyboats are adequately protected against the weather, so parcels and missives can arrive far more safely if you'd like to send your reply that way.

I haven't been very aware of how you've been spending your days lately, but from what I know of your experience after the war, I think it's quite possible you've been lingering in your feelings for longer than you need to. 'Moping', as you put. But perhaps your awareness of it all is what brought about your new shift?

There is a time and place for it, I won't deny that. I isolated myself in the wilds of King's End for years. But Maea, you have been granted new life time and time again. That is more than so many of us were ever afforded. Though life hasn't been fair to you in those repetitions, true, I think you've spent too many years not actually living. I want more for you than that.

A ball sounds great! Though my only suggestion is to brainstorm a way to ensure solo dancers don't feel spurned. Many of us are married or otherwise paired, and that doesn't encourage mingling. Deimos and I would be happy to attend.

During the war, the front line was the Draig, and the rest was spread throughout the regions in smaller ways. If my own experience that day holds any water, it's that every capable body and mind made a difference. Stars may not compete with the light of the moon, but they make up for it in numbers, don't you think?
Sincerely,
Evie