[se] the albatross
for Mel <3
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 11 - Strg: 37 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 37 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3109
Whether I'm gonna curse you out or
Take you back to my house
When Mel had offered to bring Flora with her to King's End to visit Sunny and Hotaru, the Doubletake had agreed enthusiastically. There was a ton of draaamaaaa for the pair to catch up on, not least of all MELITA BECOMING A DEMIGOD, and the flight east seemed as good a time as any to get into the nitty-gritty of it all.

With a scarf wrapped around her neck and lips and a hat pulled down over her ears, Flora looked like exactly the sort of person who utterly hated being cold (and, wouldn't you know it, she was). Hotaru might have perfected the art of looking effortlessly gorgeous while remaining warm, but Flora had yet to learn that particular skill, such that the Doubletake was bundled up to the point of discomfort.

"—mhmm, he was just there on the shores." Flora explains as Melita does the trickier get-the-skyboat-flying-manuevers. That Koa had returned was interesting, but not so complicated a story that the Honeybee couldn't pilot and listen at the same time. "I told Ronin about it, so I guess that means it's on the demigods now to go and rescue Sohalia." The Doubletake's eyes have grown theatrically large as she's said this. Leaning against the railing, Flora waggles her eyebrows in Melita's direction. "Which is you now, huh???? How in the actual fuck?"
flora
I haven't decided yet
But I'm gonna get you back

Table by the bestest Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 27 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 63 - Dext: 64 - Endr: 64 - Luck: 63 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5929
I've done nothing wrong
Except for all the atrocities
It was better this way. No tournament. No death. Just the wind in their hair and the nothingness clawing into her ribcage; like a growling, vicious, unwinding breath. She could drive it into the void and not much would stop her – but she saved that for another time.

While Sila flew alongside and Fangorn growled near her feet, she listened to Flora’s latest dramatic exploits, which were far better than reviewing the latest fights and utter failures. Sohalia and Koa’s interludes aside (…which…eh) she couldn’t help but sigh. “All right, but why is it always the demigods? There’s a fuckton of people who cared about her.” Or so she assumed – Melita hadn’t minded the youth, but she wasn’t about to race into the clouds for her. Especially since she’d just fucking died from one electrical attack. Like some piss poor prey animal.

Well, at least she could always channel that rage and frustration for later. “Oh yeah – new thing,” she murmured, steering them around a cluster of cloud wyrms, half a smile managing on her features. “It asked me at the Festival. Said it wanted everyone to be less serious.” Which…wasn’t going very well for her, if they were being honest.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"I mean, you saw how things went at just the Tournament. No way am I going to Starfall to try and get her back." Sohalia might have been Flora's best friend, but there wasn't a heroic bone in the Doubletake's body. She'd told her (step)dad, which other than hunting down Deimos who'd proven that he was actually the OG when it came to brute power, Flora had literally done everything (sane) that she could.

"Less serious, huh?" Flora's grin widens as she wipes at her brow as if with relief, though there is a genuine feeling of reassurance in it. The queen liked the Honeybee quite a lot. To say Torchline would be boring as all fuck without her wouldn't have been an understatement, and gods, who would keep Jack in check if not for Mel? "Thank fuck for that. I was worried you were going to be the next Remi and turn into some mean old grump like he did." That was probably more of a Remi-thing than a Ludo-Demi-thing, but hey, constant murder will do that to a person.

"Soooo, you get any cool abilities? Or shifts?"
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 27 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
Any semblance of the tournament made her roll her eyes, puffing out her cheeks in a long, slow draw of a breath. “Do we know that she’s at Starfall though?” Truth be told, it was a logical solution – none of them would be able to get at her, and wouldn’t have the first fucking clue where to go. “Because Stormbreak also has a fuckton of weird places.” If there was a sign, a smidgen of evidence anywhere, she’d feel a little better about things.

Melita steered them along the waves of air, casting along several thermals, watching as Sila soared alongside, desperate to hum along. She could sense Flora’s amusements though, and she’d tried to snag at them too, utilize the efforts instead of sink back into the notions of frustration welling at her skin. “Nah. Figured I’d stay the same,” for better or for worse, to which she wrinkled her nose and winked. “I have some new abilities. No shifts or anything like that.” Which was a promise of showing one off. “One is really cool, because it seems to be random – watch this,” and she poised her hand aloft for some great show – casting a lightning strike down below in a quick, massive arch.

Looking down over where there was a long, dark mark into the landscape, she hid the inward grimace and pretended like that had been part of the plan. “Anyway – have you met Ludo before?”
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Mmmm..." Chewing at the inside of her lip for a moment as she squinted back at the cloud wyrms they'd flown around, Flora gives her head a little shake. "Actually all he said was that it had been a man who was really fast, and then he just...sort of looked out towards Starfall." At the time it had seemed pretty concrete, but repeating it just now had the queen internally wincing. "Whatever, even if the demigods don't get involved, Ronin can sort it." He was the White Knight now after all, so if anyone should be charged with rescuing damsels in distress, it was him.

Right?

"That's probably for the best." The queen agrees with a crooked smile. As for new abilities? Watching with rapt anticipation as Melita raised her hand only to unleash a massive bolt of lightning, despite the damage to the landscape below, Flora felt nothing but admiration for the Honeybee. Clapping her hands and whooping her approval, it was with an expression of pure mischief on her face that she turned back to the Honeybee, ready to ask for more.

"Uh, yeah. Not like a ton of times, but it did come down into Stormbreak when I called to it to fuck up some people's kites a few seasons ago." She explained, grinning. "But it felt...I dunno, with how things were with my dad, it always felt risky to go and see it?"
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
Steering the ship slightly to the right to avoid a flock of birds, the Honeybee’s eyes furrowed, listening all the while. She was no great or grand detective, but that measure of evidence wasn’t much, nor incredibly helpful. Her nose wrinkled, allowing her lip to curl in the slightest notion of frustration or disillusion. “Really fast and looked at Starfall. Fuck.” Granting naught more than a snort thereafter, her head shook, tossing her hair amidst the billowing winds as they continue coasting along at a decent speed. “Sort it how though? Do we expect him to just wander in and search around?” Melita was usually all for impulsive ranges, but even this seemed out of the ordinary. “After what happened to Remi?”

She was encouraged by the clapping and approval, even if the damage had been random at best. Maybe the more she used it, the more control she’d have. Or something. Thrusting open her hand again, intending for another show, her fist simply came back flying towards her own arm, hurtling a single, painful-riddled punch. Well, nevermind on all that then.

Hoping Flora didn’t see the bizarre exchange, she tilted her head and snagged at the other information rendered. “Kites?” She snickered, always appreciate for Flora’s ability to also be petty. “I trust it went well?” Her regard for how things had gone with Remi made sense though, and Melita made a mental note to see him soon too. “But yeah, I get that. I’ve never had any issue with it, but your dad was asked to do some pretty heavy tasks.” No thanks on any of that.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"I mean...Yeah, I guess?" Glancing at her counterpart, the Doubletake offered up the sort of shrug meant to indicate this was all above her pay grade. "I said they could use my invisibility ring. And Remi at least can teleport out, so..." In her mind at least, that seemed a good enough plan. But then, it wasn't her neck on the line.

With bated breath Flora waited for another scar to appear in the earth as the Honeybee lifted her hand. Conveniently she was looking down instead of at her friend, and thus missed Melita's game of why're you hitting yourself, such that it was with a crinkle in her brow and a slight frown that Flora glanced over her shoulder towards Mel. "Was...did I miss it?" Maybe it was too nuanced to see, or maybe it had been invisible?

"Yeah. It cut through everyone else's strings so all their kites fell from the sky." The Doubletake snickered. Not a very queenly thing to have done, but hail it wasn't in her region. As for the nature of Remi and Ludo's relationship, all Flora could offer was a lopsided shrug. "Yeah their relationship was always weird. I heard once that Ludo gave my Dad its mask, or like, a replica of it, and it was stolen during LongNight and Ludo took away a bunch of his memories as punishment." Grimacing, and re-committing herself to never becoming a demigod of any kind, Flora pulled her thoughts back to Mel.

"What's it like when it's with you?" She wonders, assuming it couldn't have been vindictive or overly mean if the Honeybee had said yes to its offer.
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
Maybe it was above Melita’s pay grade too, but that had never stopped her before. “Are they going to take a group of people, or just themselves?” Her nose wrinkled at every nuance of the prospect, because it seemed very haphazard and almost impulsive (shit she would do; so perhaps she expected better of the adultier adults).

As for the other “show”, the Honeybee glanced away and handwaved it around. “Oh, no. I don’t think anyway. I’ll try again later.” When she wasn’t flying the skyboat and should’ve probably been paying attention. She kept it along, drifting under another bout of clouds though, listening to Flora’s story with the twitch of a smile forming in the corner of her mouth. “Nice.”

Ludo and Remi’s relationship was far different from her own though, which made sense in her own mind, given their tasks were also fundamentally mismatched. “Oh.” She hadn’t heard about that one – or had and promptly forgot. “I haven’t had anything like that with it. It’s usually pretty amused, fun, silly. Chaotic, but in an entertaining way.” Different sides of the same coin and all that.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Dunno." Flora says with a bouncy shrug of her shoulders, before turning a mischievous stare toward the Honeybee. "But I bet you'll find out soon, miss demigod." Waggling her eyebrows, she laughs under her breath. "Bet you're gonna get alllllllllllllllll the letters the way my dads do." Whether or not Melita would just turn them into a pile of ash wasn't out of the question, but certainly if she wanted to keep up on the latest plans, it probably wouldn't be that hard for her now.

"Cool, cool." Flora knew that there was often a lot of waving when it came to magic and also a lot of subtleties such that the Doubletake merely assumed that whatever Melita had been up to would become evident later. That, or she'd forget about it entirely. Either way.

"I mean, that sounds incredible? The fun side of Ludo seems absolutely epic." Playing games and tricks, putting on puppet shows, generally just fucking about. "So has it given you, like, a mission or anything?"
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
Melita, entirely unaware of the constant delivery services towards the Taliesin homestead, narrowed her eyes into pinprick slits. “What? Fucking hell. What do they get letters about?” She could probably assume every minutia of someones’ problems, but gods, why couldn’t anyone try to fix anything on their own anymore? “Can’t I just ignore them?” Which, for the moment, was what she intended to do.

Lowering the Firecracker a little more so they were floating and coasting above several landmarks of King’s End, she hummed lightly to herself; giving a shitty little Cheshire grin at Flora’s insinuations. For the matter at hand, the Honeybee was proud to have been chosen – though she’d probably fucked it up hours later at the tournament, those instances were gone. “Some of it was vague and chaotic, and others seemed to be very specific.” She winked, nose wrinkling a bit. “Take all of Koa’s shoelaces, scare someone named Hawthorn…and drawn on Remi’s face while he’s sleeping.”
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"All sorts of things." Flora answers with a vague shrug. "Cats stuck in trees, giant islands shooting from the sky and threatening death. Meetings." This latter example was said as if it was the worst offender of all, and Flora had no doubt that for Melita, it would be. "I mean...probably? I think that's where the god who made you comes in. Ludo never really cared so long as Remi just did his job, whereas you know Safrin would lose her shit if Ronin didn't show up to be her knight in shining armour."

Watching the landscape drift below them a touch indifferently—just hills covered in snow, innit—Flora's lips twisted a touch bitterly as the Honeybee mentioned Koa, growing slightly annoyed to hear Sah's name, only for her mouth to drop open completely at the end. "Shut up." Trying to decide if this task was insane, hilarious, or dangerous, in the end the Doubletake could only conclude that it was perfectly Ludo.

"Sooooooo, how you gonna do it?" Flora wondered, clearly on Melita's side when it came to pranking her father.
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
All sorts of things sounded like a threat, and Melita immediately huffed, already put out by impending notions. “Gods, that sounds awful. Will they come find me if I don’t attend or some shit?” In truth, the Honeybee didn’t answer to very many – Ludo now, perhaps, and ultimately herself. They might’ve had their leaders, Flora included, but often the smuggler did just as she was inclined.

And if she followed the line of thought after Flora’s statement about Remi…well, then that was fine with her. Her main purpose seemed to be stirring up shit.

The ship dipped downward again, she’d been working on actual landings instead of crashing ones, and she slowed the pace of the vessel as they began to reach the King’s End plains. Flora’s curiosity about the current assignment in the Honeybee’s books caused her to snort, because did it ever look like Melita had a plan? “Ohhhhh no idea. Hoping for happenstance, really. Or maybe I can con Ronin into something.” She needed to talk to the Bastion eventually regarding Ludo stuff, and maybe she could just like…sneak up on him or some shit while he was taking a nap. “Is he a heavy sleeper?” That’d be convenient.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Dunno. " Making a version of the :grimace: face, Flora could only shrug uncertainly. "I guess if you don't go, you can always just say that Ludo wanted you to be somewhere else."

Not looking particularly worried as Melita edged the ship lower—the blanket of snow made everything look incredibly soft and forgiving, despite the frozen ground beneath—Flora waggled her eyebrows. "Ronin would absolutely be down for pranking him, I bet." As for whether her father was a heavy sleeper? Pulling a face, the queen tried to think if there had ever been a time where she'd been in a position to know something like that.

"Uhhh, well...when he used to have his dream magic I think he was. Now I don't really know. Honestly, I try and avoid ever being around he and Ronin when they're anywhere near a bed." Cause you know, they were grossly in love and fucked way too often regardless of who was around.

"I wouldn't recommend, like, sneaking into their houseboat or anything while they're sleeping. That might actually get you killed." Which, if Ronin was around wouldn't be permanent, but still. Mel had already died once this year.
flora
I haven't decided yet

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
I've done nothing wrong
“Ooh I like that.” Like a permanent ‘Ludo said I don’t have to’ permit. Adjusting and lowering the skyship further, it would be only a few seconds more before they descended entirely – landing in a lovely pile of snow, all dainty like and as if she’d been practicing for years. Pleased with herself, she brushed off the fluffy snowflakes that had erupted over them in the docking, before snagging at Fangorn and Sila, and beginning to angle her way out of the boat; King’s End and all its highlights merely yards away.

Flora’s insistence on Ronin being up for pranking instilled a wide smile, and she nodded, thinking she could pull him aside soon, and maybe with some bribery and goodies, make good use of the moments. Nice.” The other afterthoughts though made her grimace, because the insinuations of both were enough. “Ew.” Wrinkling her nose and grabbing at her bag in the back, she shrugged her shoulders. “All right, fair point.” It’d be another dumb way to die.

Then, because she was Ludo's demigod and they should all crave for some chaos, she dipped down further, snatching at a bit of snow and angling it in Flora's direction.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent