[se] about to make it everyone else's problem
Gifts SE
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5754
melita

She’d tried to make the notions of thereafter somewhat normal. There was the mercurial aspects of the entire exchange, the weight of another realm, another world, far beyond her reach again, the semblances of things that could’ve been, and then the failure and rage. On any other day, Melita might not have gauged the world as so heavy, but the weight of it all pressed in on her shoulders, and she couldn’t help her mulish mood as they sauntered through the marketplace.

“So – do you think I should kill him in revenge?” She glanced at her uncle, half in jest, half not at all, aiming to see where his nuances had ended up after everything. Pretending like this had been a normal inquiry, and not something damning, she lifted her jawline and nose, peering out over the wares. She intended to shop for multitudes of gifts, especially for Ronin, who had saved her life, Remi, whose place she was now quasi-taking but not-really, and then family and friends.
salvation doesn't look like light
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
/// when we crawled out of the ocean
The dragon shift within him was taking an admittedly long time to calm down. Such that his muscles have been lined with tension the entirety of the time Melita had spoken with Ronin and separated herself to handle her untimely thankfully temporary death. He understands, he’s had quite a few scares – one that Ronin had also resurrected him from as he hung on by a thread.

The second that she invited him out, though, the Flood was immediately ready to join her – putting aside everything else on his mind in the favor of ensuring that she was okay, and truthfully, spending more time with her at the very least. But the draconic part of him was still thrumming with protectiveness – too much so – but Sunjata tries to keep it hidden behind his teeth.

It doesn’t last when she asks him and glances up at him and he knows that it’s partially a joke, but the dragon shift in him has him leaning more predatory, and it’s with a snort that he responds. “The majority of me says yes.” He offers with a little shrug, reaching up with a lightning flecked hand to run through his hair. “I felt better after breaking Remi’s nose.” Wasn’t exactly death, of course, but a vengeance of a sort.

He glances toward her though as she peruses the wares, following suit as his hand traces along a colorful ceramic bowl.
the flood
nothing was good and everything was in between ///
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
melita

Maybe it was a rarer thing in Caido to not have multiple near-death experiences; she didn’t know the counter on most. And while hers had been temporary, it had left its own keen sense of a mark; emblazoned across her chest, under her clothes, lighting struck and centered around her heart. Not a great aspect or reminder. Normally the youth didn’t mind her scars. This one ached with a little too much vitriol.

Or maybe that was just her, gauging the surroundings, the sights, the sounds, while fighting back the fickle, temperamental smoke in her lungs. She would’ve been hard-pressed and vicious had her uncle even tried to protect or hover around her, so she was grateful he was holding it away, and she wandered along a kiosk of sweets, figuring this would be a grand opportunity to shop for multiple people.

While they discussed death and vengeance, as if that were normal. “Hm. I think I’d like to do more than break Sah’s nose.” Sighing, she shook her head, fingers snatching at a bag of caramels and adding it to her palms. “Ludo says the world is too serious – I think I’m supposed to help make it…not? Is it chaotic to beat someone?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Trailing her as she wanders through the sweets, Sunjata has to watch himself from collecting some of the chocolate covered coffee beans – a favorite of his as he focuses most of his attention on her, drifting a small fraction away to meander toward the more savory treats – like jerky and the likes. “I wouldn’t blame you.” He offers with as much honesty as he could, a tattooed shoulder shrugging lightly before he turns back to her and lets his steel gaze take her in, considering her question, before he shakes his head.

I think that being the bigger person is a bit status quo. If you’re not… Then wouldn’t that be fulfilling what it wants?” Sure, the topic was serious, but there’s a thought that races through his head that the impulsivity of it and the frustration she harbors behind it would be enough to fit into the request the raggedy deity requested. “Perhaps you could use some fancy magic?” He asks, tilting his head in a way that seems to suggest that he doesn’t know what the magic might be, but he’s entirely curious.

Planning, you see.
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
melita

She snagged at a small satchel of lemon drops next, her spite and pettiness carrying her through when otherwise she might be moping and melancholic. The words and inquiries of things upon ‘the other side’ still remained in the back of her mind, but he wasn’t the one to ask, and she’d probably already irritated Ronin enough for a season. “Oh, I have no desire to be the bigger person,” she aimed with a little shrug. Never had been. Probably never would be. If someone deserved her ire, vengeance, attitude, or anything else, than she gave it without remorse.

Humming under her breath, somewhat self-soothing and reminding her of her mom, her fingers went to assorted jelly beans too, and then a tin of chocolate bark. Indulgent, but those who would be receiving the gifts deserved them, especially after the last day. “I could turn invisible and then punch him.” Her eyes rounded over to his, gauging a reaction. “I have wild magic too, but that seems to be totally random.” And difficult to plot around. “Or I could just shoot him with my arrows.”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Snorting to her admission, because it’s every inch the honeybee he knows and loves, Sunjata nods his head with a small smile that he tries to keep hidden. “You and me both.” He’d tried, and it had worked for a time, but now? Now he finds so many things within him unresolved by ignoring what it meant to him, being the bigger person to make the other feel better.

Either way, the Flood shakes his head a little as he pursues a particular gift that sounds terrible (an insanely spicy pepper hot sauce) that he might die if he ever ingests some of it. So he ignores it and moves on, looking over at her at the mention of turning invisible and a positively feral approved look spreads across his face.

Get the most fun and humiliation out of it as you can.” He drawls, plucking a particularly cold gift from the options available and meandering down toward the space to purchase it, glancing back at her to see her reaction to his words.

No arrows, focus on the bullshit ways to do it. It’s more fun that way.
the flood
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
melita

She eyed her uncle at his response for a moment, before opting not to make a comment. Instead, she circled the rest of the goodies like a vulture, eyeing and spying on any other remaining treats that caught her eye, before landing upon some gummy sharks. For her. And maybe some for Ludo, if she didn’t eat them all by the time she returned to the shrine. Pleased with her efforts, she followed the Flood’s path to the merchant, pondering over fixtures while he gave her some advice.

The Honeybee laughed, though a darker faction than any previous interloping giggles. “I think a combination of things could do just that.” Melita wasn’t known for being covert; but she could be with a little more skill and practice – really fuck a bitch up when they couldn’t even see her coming. “What’re you up to now?” As she slid around, pondering over King’s End, and making her purchases. There was another kiosk up ahead that intrigued her, so she ambled along, presuming Sunjata would follow.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her laughter is welcoming, and while he makes the purchase for the ice cream gift, he plucks a gold trinket from the space as she comes to join him, precisely at the time the merchant is wrapping everything up. “I want all the details.” He laughs alongside her, hoping to get information on every second of what occurred, to live vicariously through her for a moment, however fleeting it might be.

As for what he’s up to, he takes his gifts and steps so she can make her purchase, leaning lightly on the table while they speak and she pays before he dutifully follows her. “Mm, not much admittedly. Frey’s shrine is completed in King’s End, we’re working on a main road, and I’m planning on a town to get started in the main thoroughfare.” But that’s all of his region, and he tilts his head a little toward her. “Ru became a demigod for Frey and so we’ve been working on figuring out what all she can do.” He hums, listing off the more personal things before he shrugs a shoulder lightly and gives her a little soft smile. “I have been debating something recently, and would like opinions if you don’t mind?” He’s trying to be more open about everything, especially with Melita. “I want to ask her to marry me.
the flood
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
melita

“I don’t have much yet,” save for the wild magic and invisibility thrown in there, “but I’ll let you know how things play out,” came along a vicious little grin; fully intending to make it worth someone’s (hers – it would be hers), while.

Instead her head tilted, absorbing the information as she tucked her goodies away into the bag over her shoulder, and marching towards the next kiosk – though she wasn’t in much of a scarf mood, and pushed them all aside until something sparkly caught her eye. Maybe Flora or Ru would find it worthwhile to adorn in their hair.

She knew about Ru already – but then….the next statement stopped her in her tracks. Her fingers stilled over the fine fabric, gaze beelining straight for his, all the matter of seriousness she could rightfully compose over her mind and through her tongue. “Do…you think you’re both ready?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oh, please do.” Sunjata trills back to her, meeting that vicious grin with a too toothy one of his own – excited to see the fall out when it happens and absolutely wanting details and a play by play. But, as it stands, they buy their items and meander down to the next shop, scanning the scarf shop and lingering by one that’s golden threads shine in the light. It’s a dual versatile one, though, not just a scarf but could also be transformed into a bag if needed, and he plucks it from the hanger to purchase as well when her question reaches him.

His steel gaze meets hers and there’s nothing but openness in it when he nods, offering a small smile. “I think so. It’s been over a year since we started this reconnecting… And it’s been easier. Better. You know how shitty I am at words, but she has the attuned bond now. It makes it easier.” Because where he couldn’t convey his words in a way that made them make sense or were nice or helpful, the feeling he could pour into her of his intentions and emotions certainly made up for his lack in abilities.

He clears his throat and his gaze averts a little toward the scarf in his hand, to Nate’s ring still sat on his finger as he swallows. “She was going to marry Nate and I, before everything went downhill and we lost her.” And buildings in this very region caught flame and relationships seemed broken beyond repair, and he’d fucked up time and time and time again.But, she loved Nate too, and I don’t know. I don’t think he’d disapprove.” His tattooed shoulder rises and falls in a shrug and he looks back toward her, jaw working a little as he awaits her reaction – clearly wanting her opinion on the matter before he makes any decisions.
the flood
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
melita

Her mouth opened and closed, much like a fish out of water, before her eyes sharpened upon the scarf, using it as a distraction. “Yeah, but, communication isn’t a bad thing -,” as if perhaps he might be leaning upon the Attuned bond as a crutch, uncertain in that whole regard. Maybe she was too blunt and too bold, but Melita always spoke her mind, and it wasn’t difficult to tell where she stood with another.

Then there was Nate, and time, and things in place that had once been, shattered the next. If they’d already overcome those nuances, to which the Honeybee could remember and recall vast quantities and qualities of rage, the hurdle might’ve already been launched over. And she knew Ru – how easily she’d be swept away in it too, and there was the wondering if it’d be a mistake or something they were always heading for, time and time again.

It wasn’t about Nate though, not really, not anymore. Unless he lurked so vividly in the back of Sunjata’s mind and that was all consuming still. “I just don’t want either of you rushing into all of it again,” she managed to muster, fingers clutching at the fabric before pulling it off the shelf and staring at another crimson one nearby. “But if you both think you’re ready, then you’d know best.” Eventually her eyes lifted, head tilting. “Have you already talked about it with her?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You’re right.” Sunjata says softly, letting the smile grace his face as he nods his head, giving her the agreement that for once comes from the Flood with a clear head. “It’s just… Sometimes I mean one thing but get the words wrong or the explanations and it’s where the attuned bond helps. Because she can feel what I mean, even if I get it wrong.” And after having so many near death experiences, the Flood has lost a fair amount of his ability to focus on that part of his life.

But the subject swings to Nate and he makes his purchase, tucking it under his arm to almost hide it while he watches her focus on a crimson piece of fabric. He wants her opinions on it, and it’s vital for him that she understands – because she’s his niece and he’s spent this entire time trying to repair the relationships he’s broken, and he thinks he’s doing a pretty damn good job so far. And to be honest, he doesn’t want to lose her by running head first into stupid shit again.

Which makes the next point that much more vital. “I know, that’s why I was asking you if it was too soon. But I wanted to ask her in Longheat, so there’s plenty of time.” He shrugs casually before he reaches up with his free hand to run through his short crop of hair, lips twisting into a face that seems to say kind of?Yes and no..?” He starts to say with a small sigh. “Nothing official because I wanted it to be a surprise, but, part of her becoming a demigod and having us do our… Duties, I suppose, was her potential worry that I may make the same mistakes I made before regarding my heart. So Frey and I ensured that wouldn’t happen.” It had ultimately been Frey’s idea, but Sunjata had gone with it, thinking that in the past it would have solved so many issues from the get-go.

They took my heart and asked me to sign it and give it to her if I was serious about her and I. Not my literal heart, of course, but… I did it and did give it to her because I wanted to prove to her that it would be different this time.” Which was sort of like a marriage proposal now that he thinks about it, but there was no ring. Just a heart.
the flood
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
melita

“Hm,” she mustered instead, snagging at another cerulean scarf and adding that to her impending pile of purchases. It was probably neither here nor there; having never had an Attuned bond and not understanding the depths and lengths it could go to quantify something. But she also knew and understood love and conviction without the need for those notions, so she shrugged, listening instead of clambering back into arguments. She’d said her piece, and he could take it or not.

Longheat seemed much more fitting than immediately, and it might give them some time to mull through other murky waters beforehand. “I think it’s up to both of you – if you think you’re ready.” Melita could judge away, as she often did, but she also wasn’t either of them. "That's why I asked if you'd talked about it with her or not." Regardless of duties and transactions, Ru had a minefield of trauma and experiences to navigate too.

Frey duties made her wrinkle her nose, mostly because she was glad it wasn’t her; but then the unorthodox and bizarre handling of a god damned heart made her blink, stop, and stare back at her uncle. “Come again? Like…took your heart out? Of your body?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata nods, hearing her out for what she says – whether he thinks that theyre ready and perhaps the conversation over it. And while it hadn’t been an official thing between them – the jests between the two suggested as much. That and their common mantra of having the rest of their lives together. So why not? As far as he thinks forward, he can’t think of a reason it wouldn’t or couldn’t work – not with the safety net that Frey had offered him, especially with the purple tint to his mind. But being aware of it, too, is another thing entirely and one that the Flood doesn’t want to rush into either.

He's about to ask her whether she has opinions on the subject, how he could bring it up without giving up the ghost, before her voice cuts across and wrinkles her nose and he nods, stepping a little bit closer. “Not my real heart. Just… The soul portion?” He comments, before he starts to gesture with his hand, as if trying to explain further, words failing him as they so often do. “Like… An item. An essence of my heart.” To keep him from straying, an issue with Safrin getting into his head constantly. Frey had chosen the opposite. A gift, to be given to whomever he wished to keep it safe, to keep him from ruining his life again. And with the new void threat out there and Dahlia, well, Sunjata thinks it’s a perfect idea.
the flood