Mini Event Midwinter Conference
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1847
Midwinter Ball
Earlier in the day, when the last touches were laid to the great ball that would begin towards the evening, a smaller event took place a stone's throw away. Evergreen garlands and candles guided the guests through the great doors of the Atheneum and past the vast collection of history and fiction, down a spiraling flight of stairs and towards the entrance to the Ambassador's quarters. The great door had been opened to welcome faraway visitors into a comfortable sitting room that preceded a smaller archive and a private office. A blazing fire chased away the dry chill that normally lingered about the rooms, and many plush armchairs had been set out around glistening tables. Laden with food and drink to suit all tastes, there were also stacks of paper, pots of ink and quills for those who preferred to take notes.

The atmosphere was calm and inviting, even downright cozy, expressing a quiet hope that anyone who took a seat would feel at ease and be comfortable in the face of the meeting to come.

To the leaders of the regions of Caido, and their entourage;
Welcome!
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 20 - Int:
MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 1881
// you knew who I was //
Danta had said it when Maea had suggested it, and he'll say it again now: ew. It might be before the ball but he's still been poured into his outfit all ready, like, and now he stands before the crackling fireplace to pick his teeth with a shard of bone after taking out his impatience on something that has not been on offer at the buffet.

Much as he hates the idea of it in general, he still thinks they'd have been better hosting such a conference at the Dusklight. You know, since it's the Grounds' actual seat of power. Also he might have been able to have a hand down his pants while they were talking. (Although, based on who is due to arrive, maybe that's still an option - who knows).
Dantalion
// with every step that I ran to you //
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 51 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 3825
Hadama had made the decision to teleport his slow but steady way across Caido the night before and taken a room at an inn near the town square so that he would arrive on time for the leaders' gathering. After a day of exploring the Grounds on foot he was ready to change into his finery for the evening and make his way to the Atheneum, though this time he was on the lookout for Sentient Books that might delay him.

Heading downstairs he knocked quietly on the open door to announce himself before stepping inside the cozy space. He nodded politely at Dantalion and more warmly at Maea as he moved to one of the available seats. "Give my regards to your uncle," he murmured to the pale Ancient, a twinkle of amusement in emerald eyes before he turned his attention back to the Maverick, studying the man in his handsome waistcoat and curious toothpick. "And thank you for hosting this," he added more solemnly to them both.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 74 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5754
DEIMOS
ache first, but then let the cuts close
spit out the blood
After returning home (to find another stack of letters) from recent trips to Torchline, the last thing the Sword wanted to do was venture towards the Grounds. But promises, dedication, duty, and the notions that Kiada could at least meet Erebos thereafter kept him contained from truly bursting at the seams, and so the three of them flew – for the wide-open expanse of his wings over hills and valleys and snow made him feel far more alive than thinking about another meeting.

Eventually, they wound their way towards the Atheneum, and he fought over the waves of melancholy and nostalgia. Presuming it might be the same with Evie, he tucked her arm around his elbow, and with Erebos cooing into the sling on his chest, made their way into garland reaches and candles, bookcases, and archives he hadn’t seen in years. Fighting over the tension in his own soul, for there’d been congregations much the same here in previous occurrences, he gave a nod to Dantalion, Hadama, and Maea alike. “Thank you for the invitation,” came along rumbled tones, and if he glanced at Evie soon after to save him from striving to disappear into the shadows, so be it.
watch your body pull itself back together
then let your soul do the same
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Evie
I dreamt in the sound of your voice

and bathed in the color of your love
Evie hadn't anticipated so much travel all at once, and while she's happy to have an opportunity to socialize as the more extroverted of their pair, she is admittedly still a little daunted by the amount of time she must remain in the Grounds. Focusing on whatever topic of discussion must surely be at hand is a sufficient distraction from the discomfort of old ghosts and lack of closure at least.

Feeling Deimos' eyes on her as he extends their gratitude, Evie smiles warmly - for both their hosts and her husband's sake. "Yes, thank you. It's lovely in here, though I hope we'll have time to look at the food soon," she cheekily joins in, certain they'll want to peruse the morsels anyway but hoping it could be done before discussions. Politics on an empty stomach didn't sound enticing.
And The most beautiful thought
Is the fact that I have always loved you
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4642
you know i'm gonna change, things just don't stay the same no more
It feels almost like a tour with how often he hasn’t been to his own home, but the warmth and comfort offered here in the Grounds strays away from any other colder worries that have plagued him from this trip. Dressed up already for the party later, the Flood arrives shortly after, leaving Hotaru to fiddle with the rest of getting put together, as he steps down the stairs into the base of the Atheneum, trying his best not to recall any memories of this place as he enters.

Luckily for him, the blonde standing in front of the fireplace has his immediate attention, drifting toward Dantalion even as he greets everyone in passing on the way there – enough that he offers a crooked smile and a “congratulations” to Deimos and Evie for the newborn in attendance. To Hadama, a nod of greeting and a quick little hello with a softer smile, the same offered to Maea.

Sidling up next to the leader of the Grounds, Sunjata adjusts the deep navy suit jacket sleeves, nudging Danta in the side with his elbow. “You look lovely.” He drawls quietly, having not forgotten the most recent rendezvous between himself and the Theocrat.
you know i'm gonna break your fading heart
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609
Flora
Swanning in rather fashionably late, but not so late perhaps as to be considered rude, the Doubletake wore a gown composed almost entirely of flowers—some silk, others real—that her brother had helped her fashion. With a wave to Deimos and Evie, a warm smile and crinkled nose for Hadama, and a wink to Dantalion, Flora flounced over toward Sunjata . Perhaps it would have been more fitting for her to join her co-leader and stand by Hadama 's side, but Flora was always drawn to family above all else.

Having never met Maea, the queen merely smiled politely in her direction before affectionately nudging Sunjata. "You smell amazing." She purred, but then, he always did. Adjusting the rings on her fingers, Flora smoothed down the petals of her gown before glancing around the room and doing a quick cursory count of those in attendance.

Was...this everyone?
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 7 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609
No, Flora, it wasn't.

The heavy doors to the room open one more time, revealing a figure who will come as a surprise, but only until he is overshadowed by the woman he holds the door open for.

Dressed in a tailored suit of deep garnet, a pressed shirt of deepest purple with a boutonniere made of Spinebloom. He looks dashing, at ease, and handsome; in short, nothing at all like the Everest Hart most have come to know.

Stepping to the side, the aviator immediately gestures behind him, that the eyes of those within the room might be appropriately directed. "May I present, Dahlia Inanis, The Reaper, Queen of Stormbreak."
I will not be brave
but i'm grateful to get through
Dahlia Inanis
the Reaper
Queen of Stormbreak

Age: 0 | Height: 5'8 | Race: f̴̢̠̅͆̄̍a̶̧͕͙̪͈̞̝̲̩̯̱͓̣̅́̎m̶̙̞̈́̍̓̏̓̿i̵͇͍̗̞͑͊̒̃̏̽̂͂͗̕͝͝l̵̢̛̤̞̜̭͈̻͕̳̱̞̭̼͗̎̆̎̀̌̓̑́̈́͝y̵̧͔̜̜͓̥̋̈́̐͛͋͂͠͠ | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 15 - Strg: 80 - Dext: 90 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 56 - Int: 3
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"Thank you, Everest."

Dahlia steps in through the doors in a gown of deep plum with a plunging neckline, overlaid with black lace. Taking a moment to adjust her skirts and her cascade of raven hair - both her curls and her wrist are adorned with cursed daisies and void lotus, the unsettling scent carrying in her wake.

"My apologies," she purrs to those already gathered, offering an especially dazzling smile to Sunjata, "when I learned that all the other leaders had been invited, I assumed my invitation must have been mislaid. Shall we begin?"
let me put my lips to something
let me wrap my teeth around the world
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1847
Maea
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb
Maea was nervous. It was a group of very dynamic personalities she had brought together, and she suspected that many were less than pleased at being here. The Grounds held more than it's fair share of memories to some, and few were good. But perhaps that was also why it was important to host this meeting, and the upcoming ball, in exactly this place.

She hovered by the doorway to greet each guest as they arrived. Offering Hadama a dimpled smile as he passed, she murmured a quiet welcome, that was repeated in order to Deimos, Evie, Sunjata and Flora. With Danta hovering by the fireplace, that made all the invited leaders accounted for; reaching for the doors, she had intended to close them quietly so that they would be undisturbed.

Except, Flora wasn't the last to arrive.

A man she had never seen before appeared in the doorway. Before Maea could speak up to ask him to leave, he announced the very last person she ever wanted to see. Not here, not now - not in a situation that resembled a story she had become intimately familiar with all too recently.
Balking at the appearance of Dahlia and the awful aura she brought with her, Remi's retelling of his encounter with this woman made it beyond stupid to do what she did. But it had to be done; so Maea raised her chin and took a single step in front of her to block the path to the chairs.

"It was no mistake," she managed to get out, surprised at how composed she sounded when it couldn't be further from the truth. "You were not invited. Please leave."

Current post order applies.
And I remember thinking — I want to be like them
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 20 - Int:
MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 1881
// you knew who I was //
See, now that's what Danta's talking about when he says a hand down his pants, the Maverick smiling to Sunjata as he sidles up beside him and flicking the shard of bone into the crackling fireplace. "I'd look better with nothing on," he counters the Flood, looking him up and down. "As would you. Not that I'm complaining about this." He nods at the suit he wears, before Flora is suddenly on Jata's other side.

Smiling crookedly to her as well, he nods his agreement. "Doesn't he?" he says of the Flood, before womp womp, here comes trouble. Turning to look over his shoulder at the doorway, first at the debonair Everest Hart (there we go again with a potential hand down his pants) along with the hot damn looking woman who follows behind him.

Only then Maea is stepping in, and the Maverick furrows his brow. But... this isn't his conference. It isn't his ball.

And he isn't a hero.

Danta does nothing.
Dantalion
// with every step that I ran to you //
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 51 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 3825
As each leader trickled in Hadama gave them a nod of courtesy, respect, or that flicker of warmer friendship as their relationships extended. For several it was the first time he had seen them since the tournament. For others, it had been only a day, but those gathered were all people he respected, trusted--

Though he was still learning where Danta fell in his regard. Still, he was the leader that Maea had chosen to follow so the Tidebreaker was willing to give the Maverick the benefit of the doubt.

But before he could settle in to a light discussion of renewed solidarity the door opened again, and he did not recognize the young man who opened it - not immediately, not compared to the shy young naturalist who had helped him clean up spider webs in gentler seasons.

But the woman who stepped through was unmistakable from the pictures that had been posted up around Caido for quite some time. Hadama did not rise immediately. Not, at least, until Maea stepped forward and made her position clear. He flicked a glance to Flora, attempting to catch her eye briefly to warn her of his intentions before he stood, taking care to shake out the flowing fabric of his hanfu before he walked with stately dignity to stand behind the petite Ancient. He said nothing to Dahlia or Everest but simply lent his silent support to their hostess - and subsequently utilized his size to block further entrance to the room and those within who were noncombatants.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 74 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5754
DEIMOS
ache first, but then let the cuts close
spit out the blood
In the end, the dread had been entirely correct.

Leaders filed in, and the trepidation stored wholly in his soul, lined against his ribcage as a distinct, old friend. And then it all came to a lodging point, centered right around his heart, the moment Dahlia made her appearance. He might’ve offered a nod of gratitude towards Sunjata for earlier words, or a wave to Flora, but all of that was drowned out by the nuances to come next.

And the stupidity.

His jaw clenched the moment Maea refused the other woman entry, and he began to calculate necessities. Hadama stood in the doorway, blocking everyone from leaving, and they were essentially held hostage for the time being, until either matters were placated or something else toiled, ruptured, and rampaged. And if anyone believed he’d be sacrificing either his family, or himself, for a meeting he didn’t want to attend, they’d be dead wrong.

He gave Evie a single look, and gently removed Erebos from his chest, sliding the sling over to her and stepping in front of both.
watch your body pull itself back together
then let your soul do the same
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Evie
I dreamt in the sound of your voice

and bathed in the color of your love
Evie has long tried to overcome her reservations around the Hollowed Grounds. Attending Dygra's festival, responding to political summons, anything that required her attendance in the region. As Dahlia walks in, she decides then and there that it doesn't matter. She's never doing this again, never coming back. This Temple - this region - has been the source of so much suffering. With Erebos present as a reminder of what can and has been lost by others before her, she refuses to allow it to take even more from her.

The reaction to Dahlia is concerning to say the least. Confrontation is not the move here, and Evie's political heart withers. This isn't bravery, this is taking a moral stance at the expense of everyone else in the room. Her eyes go to Deimos just as his move in turn, and she doesn't need to be able to speak into his mind for them to understand one another. Taking Erebos neatly, she straps him securely to her chest with a little extra magical help, and steps behind Deimos as he positions himself in front of them - effectively disappearing behind his bulk.

One hand comes up to gently touch his spine and linger there so he can keep track of where she is without having to fracture his attention. She keeps utterly silent, focusing on keeping Erebos soothed so he does the same. Let it be like they don't exist until the moment they can safely leave. This isn't her fight, her region, her people. Evie will not risk anything for them, not with her family on the line.
And The most beautiful thought
Is the fact that I have always loved you