someone must've loved you, not the way that I do
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
phoebe
Sleep and I shall soothe you, calm you, and annoint you
Phoebe smiled a bit. ”You’re quite welcome.” she said, moving back to the pot which was starting to whistle. As she pulled it off, she reached into her cupboard and pulled down a cup, placing the tea bag in it before pouring the steaming water over it.

”Well, there are some dangerous creatures here. Though…the worst of them come out during Long Night.” she said quietly, with a small frown. Her eyes seemed to glaze over a bit, not with tears but a sort of distant look of one with far too many not fond memories. ”Long Night is a week of total darkness in the middle of Deepfrost. Everyone barricades themselves inside, and monsters roam the streets, pretending to be innocent victims or friends to lure you out. I’ve only ever seen one…and it looked like a twisted version of my brother in his bull shift.” she said quietly.

”Do you take milk or sugar in your tea?” she asked, rather automatically.

Her cheeks flared red again at his compliment. Awesome? Her? Hardly. ”Making tea doesn’t make me important or awesome. I know what it is like to appear here randomly and…well I just try to help. It’s just what I do. Doesn’t make me worth notice.” she said with a small smile, bringing him his tea however it was he liked prepared. But she could see the distant look in his eyes, having a good feeling about the sort of thoughts that might have been running through his head. ”It gets easier every day. You’ll make friends, and find your place. Like I said, there are quite a few of us Outlanders. We will help you get your footing, and not all of the Naturals are opposed to our presence.” she said to assure him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: someone must've loved you, not the way that I do - by Phoebe - 04-12-2019, 09:11 PM