Personal Quest [RQ] a place in the dirt
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 20 - Int:
MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 1881
// there's shadows on the walls //
The materials had been gathered from The Climb (thanks Charlie and Astaroth) and now Danta waits next to the Everlasting Bonfire - another gift from Dygra that he's happy to warm his fingers on until the rest of the group arrives.

He's said it to a few fellow Ancients previously, that he believes this to be the best site for their side of the portal to The Climb. It's symbolic, and really, if anyone wants to be able to get to Dygra's region, they should be willing and able to walk through fire.

And so it's with sacks of gemstones, earth and rock that he waits to begin, turning up the collar on his coat and feeling thoroughly pleased with their work so far.

Welcome to the PQ to cover the following RQ requirement:

4. A PQ in the the Hollowed Grounds, incorporating the materials gathered in 2. at the site where the portal will be located.

1. Charlie
2. Maea

Please post your character arriving and we can begin!
Dantalion
// of moments far too troubling to recall //
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Priestess

Age: 26 | Height: 4'11 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: — - Strg: — - Dext: — - Endr: — - Luck: — - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609
when I walk in a room, I can still make the whole place shimmer
Charlie was standing as close to the bonfire as she possibly could without burning her clothes off. She wouldn't have minded being naked one bit, but then where would she keep the various tools she was holding? Flicking her tail, the priestess glanced at the materials on offer.

"What are we going to use to hold it all together?" Charlie wondered, turning her back to the fire so that it could warm her backside. Presumably normal things like glue would just break down when exposed to heat for so long, as would softer metals. Having never built anything inside a pyre of flame before—but what an incredible idea!—the little blonde would simply differ to Danta's instructions when it came to the construction of their portal.
Hella golden retriever energy. Small unrefined horns made of ruby. Regular spade-shaped tail.
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1847
Maea
And I never know what to say
'Til I'm already walking away
She had promised to help with the portal. Whatever else had happened since then, Maea was determined to keep her promises.
That being said, she had a hard time even looking at the Maverick as she approached the bonfire, and absolutely didn't know what to say. Charlie being there made it better, even if she had a feeling that the priestess wouldn't lift a finger to mediate if certain topics were brought up again. That was fine. Maea didn't need anyone to fight her battles for her, and this was definitely one she had started - and would be fine with keeping up for as long as it was necessary.

Murmuring a general greeting that could have been addressed to either of the ancients or to the moon, she set her pack aside where it wouldn't be in the way, and went to look at the materials gathered. At the moment the impression was incredibly chaotic, and she wondered what it would look like in the end. An eyesore compared to the Everlasting bonfire? A black stain in its beautiful brilliance? Or something that would lure and dare and tempt even the most frightened into taking a step into the fire just to reach it and see where they wound up?
If nothing else, she was curious to see how Danta planned on arranging things.
Wanna punch you in the face
But I won't, but I might, but I won't
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Change author:

Despite some people's opinions, Danta does in fact have the capability to plan when it suits him, and so as Maea arrives and Charlie asks her question, the Maverick offers a broad, fanged smile in return - just as his solution arrives on the back of a cart. "Iron," he says, "is very difficult to melt, and can withstand all but the hottest of flames."

From the cart - after thanking the driver, of course - he removes two elegantly crafted iron posts, forged into beautiful swirls and warps capable of holding (would you believe it) hunks of gemstone such as those collected from The Climb.

"I thought we could use these as border posts," he says. "We'll decorate them with the gemstones, and then use the earth and rock to fix them in place in the bonfire. Walk between them and voila - you're in the Climb."

First things first, though. To decorating!

Danta explains his plan - first round will be decorating the iron posts with the gemstones collected from the Climb.

No post order!

Dantalion
Priestess

Age: 26 | Height: 4'11 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Hey Maea!" Charlie trilled over one shoulder as she heard the other girl approach. Despite what she'd heard about Maea and Danta's conversation, her greeting was no less bright or bubbly despite the awkward situation which might soon unfold.

"Ooooooooh, very clever." Beaming her approval, the priestess moved immediately toward one of the pillars, feeling along the edges almost reverently with one hand before grinning at Danta. "I really like this."

So saying, the ancient reached for the gems she'd previously helped acquire. Pausing as if trying to decide what should go where quickly Charlie just shrugged her shoulders and began to randomly shove them into various holes. Not only would the gate mostly be obscured by fire anyway, but whatever their intentions, entropy would have its hand in everything no matter what they did.

Charlie shoves gems in randomly!
Hella golden retriever energy. Small unrefined horns made of ruby. Regular spade-shaped tail.
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Maea
The exuberant greeting from Charlie did bolster her resolve, and Maea smiled back at her almost without effort. That Danta barely acknowledged her presence felt like a good thing, at least for now; it gave her time to think, as if any amount of procrastination would make it any less awkward when it finally happened.

Her attention was drawn to the forged iron posts as they were presented. Surprise and actual delight registered on her face at the sight, because they were truly beautiful even to her eyes. Eager to begin, she joined Charlie in slotting gemstones into the swirls, and descended into a happy trance where all that really mattered was shape and color and finding the best piece for the best slot.

Maea fits gemstones into the pillars.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Maverick

MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Change author:
"I have my moments," Danta drawls to Charlie with a smirk, and as everyone sets to their task, Danta busies himself checking the materials they'd brought from the Climb and ensuring all of the gemstones are extracted until there's only rock and earth left.

By the time that's finished, the iron posts are looking quite beautiful, if he does say so himself, and he glances to the already glittering and colourful fire with clear pride in his eyes. "Alright, let's get these set up," he says.

"Someone will need to dig a deep enough hole in the ground within the bonfire. Another person will need to hold the post steady while we set it in place, and a third can use the earth and rock from The Climb to fill the area around it. I hope that sounds good." It certainly does to the Maverick.

And of course, because they're working in an actual roaring fire for more than the time it will doubtlessly take to get through the portal, Danta starts to undress himself. No need to burn all their clothes off while they work, right?

Next round, we'll install the first post!

One person needs to dig a hole within the bonfire deep enough to hold the post in place.
One person needs to hold the post steady, and the last person needs to use the earth and rock from The Climb to fill the area back in!

Danta will take whatever task is left - and of course he is naked, because they're working inside the fire and he doesn't want to burn all his clothes to ash.

No post order!
Dantalion
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Change author:
Maea
Hastily turning her back to the Maverick as he stripped, Maea bit off several curses to herself. This was absolutely not how she expected the day to go. Nor was she at all inclined to let herself get dragged along by someone else's pace. For a few panicstricken moments she wracked her brain for a solution that didn't involve taking her clothes off or letting them get ruined - and was embarrassed at how long she took to reach the obvious solution.

Shifting into the Molten Tiger guise was a tremendous relief. Without looking at either of them Maea began to dig the holes for the posts, tearing up hard packed earth with her large paws. Her claws were not designed for this, so it wasn't the most efficient method. But it would have to do.

Maea shifts into a Molten Tiger and digs the holes.
Priestess

Change author:
As Danta began to strip, Charlie followed suit. As she was halfway through removing her pants, she glanced toward Maea and offered the pale-haired woman a wink. She wouldn't embarrass her or call her out by explicitly mentioning any of the things the pair had talked about before, but hopefully she could communicate enough to keep her friend feeling somewhat steadier. Watching her shift had Charlie grinning proudly before she finished removing her own clothing.

"Mmmmmmm, so much better." The little ancient purred, reaching her hands above her head to stretch. Charlie's body was every bit as curvaceous as her clothing had suggested it to be, with only a few scars silvering the inside of her thigh where she most often drew her bloodboon magic from.

"I can hold it." She offered, somewhat suggestively before laughing as she strolled into the fire. Once Maea's large paws had removed enough earth, Charlie wrangled one of the iron posts into the hole, clasping it against her naked body for additional support. She wasn't the strongest or the tallest but nor was she better suited for hauling earth and rocks around, so this would have to do.

Charlie holds!
the Maverick

MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Change author:
Bobbing his eyebrows at Charlie knowingly - and resisting the urge to roll his eyes as Maea, obviously, takes the more conservative route - Danta lurks in the warmth of the flames until he's needed. "There should be more than enough for us to get both of these done," he remarks of the earth and stone brought from The Climb. And it's with a quick movement that he hauls the first sack of dirt into the fire, where the flames make prompt work of the canvas holding it all together.

Still, it's little effort for the Maverick to pack the material in and around the post Charlie holds, and he's absolutely not complaining about being on his knees before her. For Danta's part, he's littered with bruises that all make sense given that he owns the Dusklight; finger shaped marks and dark bites all canvas his hips and neck, not that he much notices or cares.

Instead, once he's convinced the first post will hold, he straightens up and dusts off his hands.

"Alright, let's do the next one."

Rinse and repeat with the second post, please!
Dantalion
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Change author:
Maea
Determined not to make a fuss and simply do what she came here to do, Maea afforded herself only a brief rest while the post was put in place and secured. Looking everywhere except at her fellow Ancients, at most she caught peripheral glimpses of their backs and unfortunately missed both bruises, winks and potential eyerolls.

Throwing herself back into the work for the second post, the tigress resumed digging. Down through layers of soil and grit, piling up the excess where it could easily be packed back down again later; it was a simple task, boring yet satisfying all the same and before long Maea was able to stand back to give the others room.

Maea keeps diggy diggy hole as a tiger
Priestess

Change author:
Given the respective distances in their heights, as the Maverick lowers himself to his knees it puts his mouth at a very enticing distance from the blonde tuft of hair that advertised the entrance between her thighs. Of course Danta would need no such signposting, having already found his way there once already. Had the portal not been for the betterment of the ancients, the priestess might have slung a leg over one of the Maverick's shoulders right then and there. Alas, they had a job to do and the blonde would always prioritize the needs of the ancients before her own desires.

"After youuuuuuuu." Charlie sang to Maea, waiting for the tiger to once again dig out an appropriate hole for the blonde to place the second post in. Her shoulder and breasts were now lightly dusty in dirt from having leaned the post against herself in an effort to balance, but either the fire would burn the debris away or she'd find some other manner of cleaning herself up once the work was done.
the Maverick

MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Change author:
They make a very decent trio, something that Danta absolutely doesn't think too much about as he steps forward to once again use the earth from The Climb to keep the iron post steady. Only once he's finished and back on his feet does he look around at what they've accomplished, before reaching out with a smirk to dust a bit of debris from Charlie's shoulder - she'll know exactly where else he can clean up if she looks down, too.

For now, though, emerging from the fire, the Maverick spends a couple of moments in drawing his clothes back on, before turning to face the portal within the fire. "Looks good, if I say so myself," he purrs, stepping forward and drawing the knife from his boot so he can slice the back of his palm and offer a few drops of crimson in the name of their goddess. "Doesn't seem sacred without a tribute, does it?" He grins.

Last round! Give a lil offering of your choice to Dygra into the bonfire! (Danta, naturally, has offered some of his blood).

No post order!
Dantalion
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Change author:
Maea
Emerging from the bonfire with flames licking dirt and debris from her paws, Maea shook out her pale fur and shifted form back to herself. Comfortably warm after spending so long within the pyre, she felt better than she had at her arrival. Not quite as tense, especially once her companions put their clothes back on; and Danta's suggestion of making an offering was accepted without so much as a flinch.

Choosing to use her teeth on the butt of her thumb to draw blood, she offered several drops to the flames before stepping back. Hesitating, she turned to Dantalion and extended her hand to him, red energy dancing about her fingers. "Would you allow me to heal you?" she wondered, seeking his gaze. "And... if you have time after this, I'd like to speak with you. Please."

Maea offers blood, then offers to heal Danta.