Starfall

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Stars fall all the time, but not like this.

This was not a fall so much as a pull.

A tug. A beckoning, a demanding, a pleading and begging and galactic rocking. It was not done softly, but boldly and excitedly.

It was done with love and hope and anticipation and fear. It was done without precedent in the minds of those alive.

It was done with the blessing of death, but not of life.

It was done wildly.

And so, the former-captain, father of Aoife, and so many other things, plummeted.

He fell and fell and fell, burning in the atmosphere, his soul being purified and restored, the cosmic balance sighing with his entry into the atmosphere. He fell with the sound of seabirds and laughter ringing in his ears, and a smile star-bright in his mind.

But finally he fell no more, and starfires of radiance danced across Safrin's face as she smiled. The impact crater was great, but the man within would be unharmed.

He would be changed forever though. Those touched by the gods often are, and those whose souls are bartered for especially so.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

"Are you sure about this?" Ronin's voice was soft. They stood at the edge of a pier near dawn, his hands clasped in Vanya's. Beyond and below them, an ocean of fading stars spilled into the world. The ex-captain's hair was ruffled by a gentle breeze, his loose shirt billowing, his blue eyes playful as he searched his lady's expression.

Vanya stared out into the endless cosmos that had become her domain, to the great ocean that spilled downwards. The breeze that picked up pulled at her dark hair and meager clothing, and the seabird turned her nutmeg eyes to Ronin with glimmers of warmth. She knew beyond any doubt that she would sail the stars and soar the cosmos for eternity to wait for him and for Aoife.

But by the Ocean, she also knew that he needed to go. Time was different here, but down there their baby, their Aoife... she was growing up without either one of them. ”They’re all miserable without you Ronin,” she pressed with a smile. She glanced down and reached her hands up to pull at the collar of his loose shirt, adjusting it idly. “And I worked damn hard to get Vi and Mort to listen.” Her eyes flicked up, and she tugged sharply at his shirt to pull him down closer to her. Our daughter needs you, and I’m not going anywhere, okay? You know where to find me.”

It was the answer he had been expecting, but that didn't make it any less difficult to let her go - again. Ronin glanced over his shoulder, down into the cosmos, and furrowed his brow. Only Vanya's hand on his cheek brought his focus back. "Okay," he murmured. "I don't know what will happen from here, but if I don't see you or hear you again..."

She leaned up to kiss him wholly, with every ounce of starlit love that carried between them and sighed against his lips. When his goodbye began, her chest tightened, but she smiled against his lips. “Go do your thing, captain,” she whispered. Vanya held her love just little bit tighter before she pulled back from him and flashed him a wicked grin...

And gave him shove off of the dock.

And so it was at dawn, before the Spire, that one of the stars fell out of the sky.

It made quite a racket as it hit the ground, responsible for a crater larger than the one that Ronin had died in. Made sense in a way, he thought.

What didn't (and did, sort of) make sense was the fact that he was stark bollock naked. And hungry. Like... really, really hungry.

Groaning, he got his elbows under him and managed to lever himself up to kneel in the dust. His coughing and spluttering soon turned into giddy laughter that rang like a bell around the area, Ronin grinning and running his fingers through his hair. "Hoo, boy. Hello?" he called, blinking about. "What, no parade?" Snorting, he tried to get his feet under him - and promptly fell back on his ass.
ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150
ASHE
They may say, "You're too small, you're too young to do it all,"
But you're a giant on the inside.
They may say, "It's not enough, leave your dreams collecting dust,"
But there's a fire that you can't hide.

”RONIN!”

Percy had been dismounted, the stallion huffing breathlessly behind her as Ashe vaulted over the side of that crater, sliding down on her side down its steep wall towards him, her heart galloping in her chest. She had seen the flash, seen the great fall of his star, and she had come running upon her unicorn. It worked - it worked it worked it worked. The gods had honored her sacrifice, Mort had honored it, Safrin,  and that was his star that fell --

Ashe wasn't sure if she was laughing or if she was sobbing at the sight of him, and she swore she was going to explode with all she felt. She didn't give him a chance to stand, she dropped down beside him and would crash into him with her arms thrown around him, uncaring that he was naked, fuck that, he was alive!

”Fuck you for all that shit crab-kicker!” Her words were strangled and she was smiling, but he was here. Alive, breathing, heart beating, not in the sky, she didn't have to miss him or hurt for his loss. ”It fucking worked,” she half breathed to herself, hardly able to truly believe it.

Break through the barricade
You gotta keep on fightin', facin' giants, unafraid
Born to move these mountains out of your way
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"Ashe!" Ronin's smile was broad as he spotted a small figure skidding down the crater towards him. He tried to stand again, wobbling - when was he so clumsy anyways - but before he could get there she was on him and he fell, laughing all over again. His arms found their way around him to gather her tightly to his chest, and she would feel his heart racing alongside hers. He hurt, he realised - and his mouth was dry and he ached and it was glorious.

"I'm here, I'm back," he told her, his grin still obvious in his voice as he held her, his cheeks wet with tears. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I went like I did, sorry I didn't get out of the way and that you were left, all of you. Where's everyone? Remi? Aoife? You haven't met... oh, but I suppose you did..." He shook his head helplessly, woozy and overthinking things.

ronypony
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ASHE

Oh, gods, just the sound of his voice had her shoulders shaking with her tears, and his heart, his heart was beating, racing in time with hers, and she was shaking wholly as she pulled back just enough to look at him, really look at him.

"I ran striaght here," she said thickly, tears rolling down her cheeks whether she wanted them to or not. He's here, he's here, he's here. Thank Mort, fuck, she would never not be thankful to him. "I saw you falling, Remi must have seen you falling. You -"

She looked him over, and she barked a bright laugh through her tears, shoving at his bare chest before she rested her forehead over his shoulder. "You're fucking naked Ronin," she laughed, shaking her head before looking up at him again. She thought her whole chest would cave in with the force of this, of having him back. Even staring at him, crying, feeling him alive, hearing his voice, knowing was back, she wasn't sure it had even hit her entirely yet. "Are you okay? Hurt? We should.. we should get you to the guildhall - Remi and Aoife, your dragon -" She grinned again and unclasped her rich blue cloak, swinging it over her shoulder to hand to him. "You need clothing, please," she huffed. "They have to see you."

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Calloused hands wiped at her cheeks, Ronin smiling crookedly down at her even as she wept, tucking a lock of dark hair out of her face. He sniffed and let his own tears fall freely, tilting his head up to look at the remaining star in the sky and feeling his heartstrings tug as he spotted his Vanya. But there was something else too, something that wasn't there before, and it bloomed hot in his chest and he felt her presence, like the core of that star was still bound to him.

"I do like to make an entrance," he remarked. "But I... I have missed so much. I saw the Spire, the barrier... it... fuck, you guys did it." He was smiling ear to ear, resting his forehead against Ashe's and snorting to himself as she realised he was naked. No you're naked," he retorted childishly, hugging her close and giving her a squeeze. "Thank you," he whispered to her. "For what you did. For not giving up. And for giving up everything, at the same time."

Clearing his throat to try to pull himself together (besides it was cold and his bare ass was sitting on rocks), he accepted her cloak and pulled it around his shoulders. "You're such a midget, this will never cover my incredible physique," he tutted. "Now won't you be a dear and help haul my ass up?"

ronypony
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
   Kalt was right behind Ashetta when she leapt onto Percy and fucking ran. He wasn’t sure exactly what happened when she was enveloped by Mort, but he knew the price she had paid to bring Ronin back from the dead. Besides that, he was pretty prepared for her to make the mad dash, and by the gods, no fucking way he was going to miss this.

Not that he didn’t have faith in the gods to keep their word, but well, he didn’t. Not until he saw it with his own eyes. He had to blink a few times to actually register that Ronin was seriously actually really right there. He hadn’t had the chance for any kind of formal introductions with the man, but hey, reborn and naked was one way to say hello!

He dismounted from Kysma and watched Ashe throw herself at the man, and he couldn’t help the smile that spread across his face. She had her brother. Granted, he was naked and just spat out of the sky, but he couldn’t help the astonishment at the gods actually keeping the promise. He unfastened and shrugged off his tunic, leaving him in pants and his white undershirt, intending to loan the clothing to Ronin if Ashe's cloak wasn't sufficient.

Kysma nudged her rider’s shoulder, and Kalt whistled to grab the attention of the two in the newly formed pit. “She’s a weakling,” he teased Ashe with a breathed laugh. “Come on.” The assassin descended most of the way down the wall of the crater, his boots keeping his stance steady as he extended a - strangely bare - hand to the man, intending to help him to his feet if it was accepted.

KALT
Damned if you do;
Bored if you don’t.

Messenger

Change author:
ASHE

She bit back the sob that threatened to burst from her chest as he wiped away her tears, and she nodded roughly. She forced herself to focus on him then, his smile, his tears, forced herself to ignore the flash of betrayal and pain she knew she imagined there. He was here, really here, that hadn't been, that had been worth it. A million times over, she would do it all and more to get him back. "You're welcome," she answered quietly. "But really you helped me. Who needs immortality anyways?"

She snorted and squeezed him tightly, squeezing her eyes shut and just feeling the life in him before they seperated. Ashe wrinkled her nose at him after she wiped roughly at her wet cheeks, pushing herself to stand. "This midget will still kick your ass, starboy," she snarked. "Incredible physique or not." She was just reaching her hand out when she sound of a familiar voice started her so badly she let out a yelp that might have been a squeak.

The assassin had - for once in her life - let her guard down in how utterly consumed by this shock and euphoria she was. Kalt had startled the shit out of her, and she scoffed at him. "Well, Kalt, meet Ronin. Ronin, meet Kalt." Ashe looked up to the top of the crater where Percy stood at the edge, his head hanging down as he watched them all with intelligent curiosity. She looked back to Ronin and smirked slightly, but looking at him still was unreal, leaving her near breathless and descending into tears again. "Walk or ride?" He was entirely naked after all.

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"Ah, you're better than immortal to me." Ronin grinned and nudged her gently, closing his eyes as she squeezed him and taking a moment just to feel this - the ground under him, the brush of the wind against his skin, the smell of dust and stone and Ashe and everything that pointed to his being very much alive.

Her snarking had a laugh bubbling up in his chest, Ronin raising an eyebrow and reaching out his hand to catch hers. "Starboy?" he queried, feeling a new nickname brewing without having a chance to stop it. Before they could talk further, though, an unfamiliar voice cut through to them and Ronin was instantly on edge, blue eyes sharp as he glared up the incline.

But it was a friend, apparently - the mysterious Kalt, whom Ronin had never gotten the chance to meet properly. "Ah, hey." He smiled a touch awkwardly, accepting the tunic but not the hand with a murmur of thanks and hauling himself up. He was unsteady as he pulled on the clothes - not that it did much for his lower half, but whatever - Ronin squinting up at the unicorns gathered around the edge of the pit.

"Uh... walk, please. I don't really want to put delicate parts of myself near a unicorn when I don't have pants."

ronypony
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
   Kalt smirked when Ashe yelped, but she didn’t acknowledge it any further. He used to enjoy trying to startle her, but with the bond it was increasingly difficult. And now he had done it without even trying! Figures.

“Welcome back to the land of the living, Ronin,” he said, giving the man a half-smirk and handing over his tunic to the man. He would get it back another time, but it would fit Ronin similarly to a dress, falling to his knees and able to cover a decent amount as long as the front flaps didn’t fly open.

His hand drew back when the man got up on his own, and he was suddenly relieved that Ronin had rejected the assistance, as he realized that he had forgotten to put his gloves on again. He quickly pulled them from his pocket and covered the bare skin, turning his eyes to Ashe with a flashed grin.

The man climbed from the pit and met Kysma’s pushy snout with a gentle stroke. “I’m heading back for Theea, blue,” he said, mounting the ebony unicorn smoothly and taking her reins in his hand. “Be nice to him, and I’ll see you back home!” He turned Kysma around, avoiding Percy and taking off at a steady canter, letting his equine rest a bit after their mad dash.

KALT
Damned if you do;
Bored if you don’t.

Messenger

Change author:
ASHE

Ashe quirked a brow as Ronin put on Kalt's tunic, the whole image comical and still somehow right because he was alive. She didn't even have it in her to cringe at the awkward introductions - she would be sure two of the most important men in her life knew each other properly soon enough. For now she just.. she needed this. Needed to absorb that it worked, that she hadn't failed. For once, gods, for once she hadn't failed.

She nodded and smirked, expecting that answer from him as she peered up at Percy, standing still and patient with his eyes locked upon them. "Don't think he'd want your delicate parts all over him anyways," she remarked. She looked to Kalt as he mentioned Theea, and she nodded again with a soft smile. "Thank you," she murmured quietly down the bond, though for what she didn't say as he climbed out of the pit and departed.

The wolf girl looked back to Ronin and nodded her head to the edge of the pit, moving towards it but staying close to his side. Unconciously she remained in contact with him, her shoulder brushing his. "Back to the guildhall," she pressed. She clambered nimbly up the side, offering her hand to Ronin when she reached the top to haul him up if he needed it. Percy would be immediately there of course, the ram-horned stallion nickering to the man that had consumed his rider's thoughts so heavily. He'd nudge a soft nose against the man's chest, and Ashe smiled as she watched them, eyes still full of a dazed kind of elation. "You remember Percy," she murmured, and she tried to turn away from that day - the demon - the only day Ronin had ever seen the unicorn. "Guess I never introduced you properly."

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"Oh," Ronin said quietly as Kalt was gone just as soon as he had been there, raising a hand to wave at him as he and the unicorn cantered off and away from the Spire. "Bye." Blinking, he glanced back at Ashe and snorted at her response, nudging her with his shoulder as she began to climb up the crater. Once upon a time Ronin would have scaled it easily, as sure with his feet and hands as he was at breathing.

Now, though? Hells, even breathing seemed to be more difficult than before. It was laughable, how awkward on his feet he was as he tried to follow after the woman who had bartered for his soul, and he accepted the help gratefully as he pulled himself onto solid ground.

Turning and looking into the hole - and up at the Spire, and out at the ashen ruins of the place where he had fought and died... well, he was sure that Ashe would understand that his chest suddenly grew tight and his stomach did backflips. Gripping her hand tightly, he tried to focus on Percy as they walked very much in the opposite direction of the Spire.

"Hey, horse thing," he greeted the unicorn unceremoniously, smiling and patting Percy's nose. "The guildhall... Yeah. I... I've a lot to do."

ronypony
Messenger

Change author:
ASHE

Ashe gave one last look at the spire and the crater, and she most certainly would understand the way Ronin's chest tightened, the way his stomach did flips. Her own hands went cold,  her heart clenching as she tore her eyes away and looked to him instead - him now, alive and whole, not bleeding and broken and leaving them for the stars.

Percy snorted indignantly at Ronin, his tail swishing and head tossing to the side. Ashe smirked wryly, laying a placating hand over his shoulder as they left the spire behind them, truly left it behind, she hoped. If she never had to set foot there again, she would be perfectly content with that. "You certainly do," the assassin responded. "I'm not sure Remi will believe it."

Would anyone at first? She hardly did. Mort.. a distinct warmth curled in her chest, and she knew there would never be a day where she could think back on meeting the God of Death and not feel anything less than the love he gave her, and the bargain he had honored.

Ashe uncerimoniously nudged Ronin's arm to the side, fitting easily beneath it as her own arm wrapped around his waist as they walked. He's here, she reminded herself as she walked with him, unable to wipe the smile off of her face they walked with Percy shadowing them. "Lets get you home, Crab-kicker," she said with smiling laughter behind her voice, euphoria coloring just about everything right then.

[ END THREAD ]