a visit from starboy
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

It was strange, to walk these streets again. To feel the breeze in his hair and the sun on his skin, to listen to the voices and bustle and life whirling on all around him, just as it had done both before and after his death. Ronin couldn't wipe the smile off his face these days - being alive after watching his friends and family suffer from the sky above did that, he figured. He paused outside the house he had been told belonged to Ashe and Kalt, taking a moment to close his eyes and gather himself.

When he did, he swore he saw the constellations stretching high above, Ronin tilting his head back and picking out his brightest star easily. Watching Vanya for a moment and bidding her good night and sweet dreams, he blinked his eyes back open and reached out to knock. Around his shoulders, Sugar chirped an accompaniment. He hadn't brought Aoife along today - it was... strange, he felt. She had changed so much since he'd been away, and Remi just seemed to know her better right now. He needed to give himself time, he knew. But that didn't make him any less impatient.

RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150

ASHE
Courage comes when you leap
in the dark before you see
You're a giant on the inside
Banners fly, let them know
   Where Ashe might have been getting better about sleep before, there had been something considerably harder about it in the last few weeks. It wasn't that she wasn't tired, it wasn't that she had anything urgent that needed doing... it was that every time her eyes shut, the walls pressed in, her hands felt sticky, she couldn't move, couldn't breathe --

Tonight every window had been opened, every candle lit, and Ashe... she was laid back in her favorite chair before an unlit fire with the breeze sweeping through, and Ashe was comfortable with the weight of the three-year-old atop her. She breathed easily as her hand moved through dark curls, the other resting over her back. Maybe sleep was full of fear for the wolf, but wakeful hours.. they weren't so bad anymore. She could sleep better when Kalt was home from his ride anyways.

A knock sounded, and fire blue eyes snapped to the door and her hand stilled. Brows drawing together, Ashe carefully maneuvered Theea so she could remain curled in the plush armchair while the assassin rose to her feet. She stirred barely, but remained wholly asleep as she approached the door, pulling it open to look up at her visitor.

Her breath caught painfully, but a grin lit up her face immediately. "Heya starboy," she greeted warmly, and she didn't wait for him to come inside to wrap her arms around him tightly, head pressed to his chest and shutting her eyes and just feeling the life in him, the heart beating in his chest. She smiled before she pulled back to look up at him, reluctant to draw her eyes away even as she stepped away to gesture him inside. It had taken a great force of will to leave him behind at the guildhall - some part of her was afraid that if she looked away too long, he would be taken away again.

Ashe would gesture for him to follow her into the next room, letting Theea remain curled up in the armchair where they wouldn't disturb her. "Everything is okay? You're feeling okay?" she asked quickly. She did nothing to hush her voice, knowing Theea could sleep through a bomb going off considering who her parents father was. "I'll get you a drink." He's here, he's alive, he's okay, she reminded herself.
who you are, bare your soul
There's a fire that you can't hide
actions scream louder than words
they can't tell you what you're worth
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Ashe answered and Ronin had her in his arms just as quickly as she rushed forward. "Hey, sparky," he greeted in return, holding her securely against his chest and smiling broadly, pressing a kiss against her dark hair. As she drew back he cupped her cheeks in his hands, as if to check she was alright, before smiling and following her into the house. Sugar trilled a gentle greeting as well, the dragonling quiet only on Ronin's orders. It was a little late for loud visits, after all.

She spoke about getting him a drink and he nodded, smiling and flopping down to sit on the couch, patting the space beside him for her to join him when she was ready. "I'm okay," he confirmed with a gentle nod. "More than okay, I promise. I just got back from the shrine in the Glade, actually. I went to see Safrin."

RONIN
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150

ASHE
Courage comes when you leap
in the dark before you see
You're a giant on the inside
Banners fly, let them know
   Passing by Ronin sitting on her couch, she found herself unable to stop her smiling, seeing him there and smiling too.  She cooed a gentle greeting to Sugar, and there was no missing the calm in her now, how much happier she seemed than when she had been hiding within that den.  Ashe disappeared into the kitchen briefly, rummaging about the absurdly organized cupboards and no doubt irking the fuck out of her other half with the disheveled clutter she left behind.

Ashe returned to the room with a single bottle in hand and no glass in sight, amber liquid sloshing within as she plopped down on the plush couch beside Ronin. In her other hand..

The assassin thumped a set of bracers against Ronin’s chest - a pair he would recognize well. ”Take these back you dick,” the wolf snapped playfully, leaving them with him as she tipped the bottle back for a modest drink. She quirked a brow at him and held the bottle out to him next. ”How in the five hells did you expect those to fit me?” She held up her (noodle) arms and waved them around with loose wrists. ”You had monster arms!”

Hands free, Ashe produced the additional thing she’d snagged from the kitchen: a strip of venison, fresh and red, offered up for the little dragon on Ronin’s shoulder. She grinned and looked to her friend, folding her legs up under her. ”What did you talk about with Safrin?” She couldn’t stop looking at him, not even as a cat-sized spider crawled along the back of the couch to clumsily fall upon her shoulder with a hiccup. Her hand rose to stroke over his leg as he chittered curiously at the white dragon. ”Or is it secret god stuff?” Even with her nose crinkling at the words, there was much less animosity towards the gods than there once had been for the wolf.
who you are, bare your soul
There's a fire that you can't hide
actions scream louder than words
they can't tell you what you're worth
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin made himself comfortable on the couch while Ashe pottered about to get them drinks, the ex-captain arching an eyebrow as he glanced to the woman who had brought him back from the dead. He let out an oof as the bracers hit him square in the chest, Ronin letting out a laugh as he picked them up to examine them. "Hey, look," he protested, "I only had like five seconds to say my forever goodbyes, I wanted you to have something to remember me by!" While his tone was playful, the sentiment behind it was very, very true.

"Thanks, though, noodle arms. I'll see if I can commission you a pair that will fit." Chuckling, he accepted the bottle and took a healthy swig of liquor, before handing it back and contently letting his arm move around Ashetta to pull her close against his side. The distance meant that Sugar was able to softly trill into the assassin's ear, flopping down into both of their laps to snap up the venison with a happy shriek. Ronin snorted, glancing to Ashe and the wine spider on her shoulder.

"I think you've met Sugar, but I might not have been there. So this is just a playdate, I guess." He smiled. Ronin shook his head goodnaturedly at her questions about his meeting with Safrin. "No, it's not secret," he assured her. "I just... asked her a few things that have been playing on my mind. It's my understanding that because of where I was and what happened, I... I'm not exactly human? But not a god, either..."

RONIN