Awake, Confused, and Hoping to Move On.

Age: 26 | Height: 5'2'' | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: KeebahSan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Caelynn chuckled along with her and thought about the illness her best friend had passed on from just four Deepfrosts ago. What felt like two sleeps to Caelynn, was four Deepfrosts worth of life, and however many years and seasons she was asleep. Caelynn merely touched the walls to feel the familiar warmth and slight wetness they held. Careful with her nails, she was sure to remain quiet.

Listening to Lena's question Caelynn had to think hard. "To be honest, I am not sure. I have only heard how it effects us, not how quickly. I met a few ancients who had lost hands or the lower part of their leg to the cold, so I know it is something that we can survive up to certain temperatures. One described their pain as quick, another as slow and antagonizing as they began to harden. So I cannot say for certain without meeting more people or experiencing it myself. At the mention of asking Dygra, Caelynn nodded, "Some day. It has been a while since I'....."

Lena cut her off but she wasn't worried about being cut off, not when she was seeing a rock slider with weird scales. "What in the world? I knew I'd seen something different about that crow earlier." Caelynn crouched and got ready, knowing that these beasts were long and strong. She had learned from her parents death, you don't turn your back when you find a beast in the caves. There are two options: capture and kill. "Should we try to catch it? Will touching it with bare hands harm us?" She didn't want to let it get away, she wanted to bring the thing out to the better light of the sun and examine it. She'd caught them before, hell she'd eaten many. "Does it need to be alive?" She knew the answer was yes being that Lena was probably going to run tests on the animal, but she readied to slip a small dagger from her sheets on her thigh. It was a dagger she used to cut and study flora, nothing huge, but enough to help her and wound the serpent if needed.

Creature Information -- Rock Slider (common): an enormous, toothless serpent (no less than three full-sized humans in length), with small, flightless-wings where one would presume its ears to be. This creature hunts along rocky mountain paths where it lies, well-camouflaged, before ambushing large prey. It has no venom, instead coiling its length around the victim and strangling it.

caelynn
I will keep you, day and night,
here until the day I die.
I'll be living one life
for the two of us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Awake, Confused, and Hoping to Move On. - by Caelynn - 03-28-2024, 06:27 PM