Mini Event that's the tea
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
karma's a relaxing thought, aren't you envious that for you it's not?
Everyone who hadn't been honoured with an invite from Remi, would have received one from Flora instead.

You know what's better than duking it out with the crème de la crème of Caido? Watching.

So, Torchline's queen had set up sun loungers, beach beds, towels, mini-bars, and food stands all around the area where the spars were set to take place. Given her co-leader and all four of her parents (yes you count now, Sunny) was set to fight, Flora didn't really care who won one way or another (other than if Melita won, because lord, the dramaaaa).

With a megaphone in one hand and a drink in the other, Flora sat regally in her chair with Spice perched on one shoulder. Though it was early in DeepFrost, Torchline was still warm enough for the queen to be wearing a dress with a high slit up one side. (Okay, maybe it wasn't warm enough, but whatever).

Mini Event to watch the Tournament as it happens! Feel free to pop in and out. No interfering in the fights!

There's plenty of comfy seating, food and drinks!

I'll post the outcomes of the fights here.

ROUND 1

1. Melita x Sah   Street Rules
2. Noah x Talyson  {Training} Cross examination
3. Hadama (pass)
4. Hotaru x Seren   Reunion Guidebook
5. Remi x Sunjata {Training} places we never should have left
6. Ronin x Deimos {Training} playing with the big boys now

ROUND 2

7. Sah vs Hadama {Training} Started with a ripple
8. Talyson vs Hotaru {Training} Pins and Needles in My Heart
9. Remi vs Deimos {Training} once bitten, twice shy

ROUND 3
10. Hadama vs Talyson
11. Deimos vs Hadama {Training} Are you not entertained?

Deimos wins!

1st place: Deimos
2nd place: Hadama
3rd place: Talyson, Remi, Hotaru, Sah
4th place: Ronin, Sunjata, Seren, Noah, Melita.
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 49 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
The luck of the draw meant that the Tidebreaker had a buy in round one, and he intended to make the most of it. Although he had sparred with Noah and Melita in the past, he was curious to see how the other contestants would fare, and what abilities they would reveal as the fights progressed.

He had no intention of letting his luck go to waste.

After watching the first fight between Sunjata and Remi from the water, the Tidebreaker regained his legs and strolled to join his co-ruler. He accepted a small glass of non-alcoholic fruit juice from a vendor on the way and sipped at it as he settled into a beach chair beside her.

"Who are you cheering for this round?" he asked Flora, emerald eyes already drifting to where the pair who had helped them rebuild the Docks were now duking it out.
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Koa
There's an art to life's distractions
A year ago Koa might have been cocky enough to try and enter the Tournament himself (resulting in inevitable, crushing defeat), but post-Yeet Koa is a creature with more caution, painfully aware of his limitations and how little strength he truly has. No, this round the young man stays on the sidelines, nursing a beer and cheering on the fighters as they duke it out. It's a remarkable spectacle, awesome in its range and scope- especially the fight between Remi and Sunjata, which features hydras and tidal waves, setting quite the high bar.

"My money's on Ronin," the Dragoon calls from where he stands, overhearing Hadama's question to Flora. "No offence," he's quick to add, flashing a bright, apologetic grin to the mer-turned-demigod. "It's just... he's Ronin. The Commander of the Storm. And Dragoons gotta stick together." He raises his bottle in an acknowledging cheers before turning back to the fights.
To somehow escape the burning weight, the art of scraping through
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
ISLA

Flora has a megaphone, sun loungers, food, drink, and all the regality befitting such an occasion.

And so, naturally, Isla has been the one to bring the medical station.

Having set up a little white tent nearby with some bottles of fountain water, a bunk for any contestants to rest upon should they need it, as well as more traditional first aid supplies, she steps out into the sunshine to watch the fight between Remi and Sunjata - not a sparring match she'd ever expected to see if it wasn't actually intending to break bones or draw blood.

Granted, she might have spoken too soon.

"Oh," she blurts to see Sunjata succinctly break Remi's nose after the fight officially ends. Clearing her throat, she promptly ducks back into the tent to await the inevitable arrival of a bloody demigod.
she's a runner
rebel, and a stunner
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Fashionably late, but early enough to catch the end of the fight between Bastion and Flood, Danta has already snagged something fruity and alcoholic as he sidles up towards Flora and Hadama, collapsing bonelessly into a beach chair on the Doubletake's other side. "I didn't know Deimos was fighting," he says, peering across the sand and tilting his head.

"My money's on him, in that case." Because of course it is, and he's just seen Remi win (albeit with a crunched nose, but y'know, all's fair in love and demigod sparring). "How've you been?" he asks Flora conversationally; they're still guildmates after all, despite also both being leaders. (And ain't that something?)
'cause I'm selfish, I'm obscene
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
karma's a relaxing thought, aren't you envious that for you it's not?
"Definitely Sunjata." Flora says with a smirk as she glances over her shoulder toward Hadama. With one leg bouncing restlessly over the other, she shaded her eyes (despite her sunglasses) as Koa piped up. "Against Deimos? No way. He's basically a walking slab of muscle." Ronin was fast and wirey with the sort of charm that got him both into and out of danger, but Deimos was...I mean, you've seen him. You know.

"Yep." Letting her head loll toward Dantalion, the queen waggles her eyebrows "I figure it'll be he or Sunny in the end." Of course that's when the Flood broke her father's nose post-fight. "Well, Deimos it is." She murmurs softly before tilting her head over her shoulder toward where the Remedy had set up a medical tent. "Islaaaaaaa." Flora called, (luckily for all around her) forgetting she was holding a megaphone. "Remi is bleeding already."
Dusklight Security

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
i don't belong among the angels // and baby that's just fine with me
Asta is more than ready to settle in and watch the fight, drifting along with Danta, content to let him mingle while he surveys and watches. He’s like a tall shadow, settling in with quite a prim and proper stature on the edge of the seat of the beach chair that Danta has fallen into, watching one of the fights come to an end with a cheap shot, something he can’t hide his amusement from in the twitch of his lips.

But, Danta is speaking to someone who looks as though she’s running the watch party. Inclining his head to her as the gentleman he is, as well as the other man referenced, he doesn’t wish to interrupt any current conversation, so he sets his sights on the next fight between a burly looking man and one that he’d actually had a conversation with not that long ago over an old gods shrine.
Astaroth
the things i did up there were high school // but now i'm going for my degree
Dorian Inanis

Age: 1 | Height: 5' 8" | Race: f̴̢̠̅͆̄̍a̶̧͕͙̪͈̞̝̲̩̯̱͓̣̅́̎m̶̙̞̈́̍̓̏̓̿i̵͇͍̗̞͑͊̒̃̏̽̂͂͗̕͝͝l̵̢̛̤̞̜̭͈̻͕̳̱̞̭̼͗̎̆̎̀̌̓̑́̈́͝y̵̧͔̜̜͓̥̋̈́̐͛͋͂͠͠ | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 15 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 66 - Endr: 80 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The shores of the Arclight were alive with energy, a stark contrast to the chilly air that nipped at Dorian's skin despite the cream cable-knit sweater that he wore. He moved through the crowds of cheering spectators like a shadow, keeping to the outskirts and blending seamlessly into the background. Should any look his way they’d see nothing but an older man, perhaps drawn to the tournament by memories of his own youth and vigor. If their eyes lingered, they'd be treated to a charming smile and a raised hand in greeting.

However, it was with keen eyes and a calculating mind that Dorian studied the competitors as they battled upon the sands. His sharp blue gaze swept over their every move, analyzing their strengths and weaknesses with ease. This was more than just a spectacle for him; it was an opportunity to gather valuable intelligence.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
"If I could fly I would never come back", you said
If she thought she could stand a chance, Maea would have loved to join in the tournament. Alas, she had much catching up to do before she could match even the weakest of the demigods, so she settled for cheering on her friends instead.

Which would be excruciating enough when they were all friends, more or less. Some a lot less.

In no mood to talk, she had chosen to settle herself atop a parasole and shifted back and forth with pent up energy as the watched the battles unfold. Ruffling ivory feathers against the cold wind, she wished she was stronger; at least the fighters would stay warm.
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
You thrill me, you delight me
You're all that I've been yearning for
She's a little late to the crowd if only because she had wanted to feed Erebos right before joining them, mindful that not everyone loves a hungry, squalling infant. With the dark-haired babe neatly held to her chest in the sling Deimos had made for her, Evie approaches with a large sunhat on her head to shade them both and a relaxed expression that makes it clear she's fully confident her husband will emerge from this friendly tournament safe and sound regardless of ranking.

Unfortunately all of the combatants are the people she knows better, and unaware of Maea perched out of sight, she feels a bit out of her depth among these strangers. At least there is Hadama, who she beams at, intent on striking up conversation. At least until Flora makes a comment on her husband directly. "He is," she proudly agrees as she takes the opening gleefully, "though two-on-one might be a bit of a stretch even for him." Her hand rubs idle circles on Erebos' back as she watches Remi join the fight without warning, a small laugh escaping through her nose.
I love you, I adore you - I lay my life before you
I only want you more and more
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 395
Thalassa
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.
Thal eavesdrops on the nearby conversations, letting the bets and juicy information clue her into the status of the participants. Although she would love to bet on the fights, she isn't familiar enough with their capabilities to put anything on the line. She doesn't make bets unless she knows she'll win. Same with fights. Knowing that she still has much growing to do, she tentatively makes note of the tournament in hopes of taking the prize one day.

In the meantime, she settles herself on the beach, not bothering with a chair or blanket. Thal lets the hot grains of sand run through her fingers, appreciating the warmth in spite of the frosty season. The blood and aggression just serve to warm her further as she watches in glee, especially relishing in the unhinged blows.

Credit
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 395
Above all shadows rides the Sun
Zavien watched with rapt attention from the stands, particularly interested in Ronin and Deimos's fight. He'd sparred with them both on one occasion and ended up flat on his back for most of it. It was a great way to meet someone and he recalled the memory fondly as they followed it up with his favorite past time - food. Now, he was blown away by their masterful display of magic and abilities. Their partial shifts and overwhelming elemental magic were a sight to behold. He never stood a chance to begin with.

A laugh echoed from him as another man appeared next to Ronin midair. Hadn't he just been in the other fight? Although Zavien originally assumed Deimos had the upper hand, a 2v1 didn't look good. Excitement coursed through his body as he sat on the edge of his seat.
Zavien
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 74 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS

Somewhat burnt but not infernally diminished, the Sword headed for the assemblage of people off to the side of the beach. He couldn’t fault them for the entertainment factor, perhaps if he were in their place he’d have done the same – and might, given the need for healing before the next match with the same individuals.

He ignored the chatter, eyes on only two people (though he could hear some subtle roar about Ru, and it almost made him turn around), and made a long strided walk towards Evie and Erebos. Plopping down on the sand beside her, he maneuvered immediately into her space, kissing the side of her crimson head. “How is it going? We are due for visitors.” Indicating Remi and Ronin nearby, as he’d invited them.

Glancing in and checking over Erebos, who was thankfully quiet amongst the excitement (truth be told, Deimos wasn’t truly surprised the child’s first outing would be to a tournament), he settled in to rest for a moment, and eventually wind his way over to Isla's tent.
think about this
you have the ability to survive anything
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 82 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
even my darkness shines for you
"Listen," Ronin is saying to Remi, his apologetic tone appropriately grovelling as he peppers the Bastion's curls with kisses. "We were in the middle of a fight and I wasn't expecting you to show up with a broken nose. It was an oh of surprise."

They are, of course, heading straight across the sand (Ronin is, at least) towards Evie and Deimos, though the Knight does over a wave to Flora as well. Far from a sore loser, Ronin is absolutely keen to see the Wardens' new addition, and he positively beams to Evie as they approach.

"Radiant as always," he tells her, plopping down to sit in the sand with them. "I notice that your son seems to have slept through the excitement. Probably for the best - he really didn't need to see me embarrass his father like that." Ha ha, get it? Because... you get it.

Regardless, given that he's now officially out of the proceedings, he can sit back and relax.

Well, until he hears the commotion from whatever fight has taken place between Hotaru and Seren, the Knight instantly on edge again as he sits up. "...What just happened?"
the
WHITEKNIGHT

Table coding by Sky