[SE] it wasn't because I didn't know enough
open
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 425
She bows to no one.
She watched Maea's intent focus on the wood of her desk. Was it really only the frequency of spirits or did the mention of "nightmares" mean something significant? Thal let the comment hang in the air for a moment, feeling a potent supernatural energy become a third participant in their conversation.

Eager to expel the sensation, Thal smiled and attempted to appear relaxed despite the tingling along her spine. "Sounds like guilt to me. And in that case, don't they deserve a little bit of pestering?" Her laugh was forced. "In that case, I suppose I don't have to worry about that, considering I don't have a past to haunt me." Although she makes the statement jokingly, the weight of the confession weighs heavily on her. Maea has been a reassuring presence in spite of her tumultuous emotions, but they still don't know much about each other. Thal felt comfortable sharing who she is currently without fear of judgement. What about who she was? Not remembering her past felt like a weakness. She hoped that sharing that vulnerability might encourage Maea to trust her.

While Thal waited for Maea to contemplate her response, her gaze was pulled to the far recessed corner of the room. The light was unable to touch the dark shadow. She immediately stilled and wanted to eat her previous words. It could be a trick of the light, but she could swear that a disapproving expression was being made in their direction.
Thalassa

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] it wasn't because I didn't know enough - by Thalassa - 04-04-2024, 08:56 PM