[SE] it wasn't because I didn't know enough
open
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1197
Maea
I feel it in the wind, my dear
The sun is gonna reappear
Thalassa's speech made her look up. A frown settled on Maea's pale brow at what the woman said, and anger flared up at the presumtuous conclusions she drew.

"Have a care with what you say!" she snapped, misliking the insulting way the pirate spoke of her family. "You know nothing of what it was like to endure beneath the barrier. Surviving was the only thing any of us could hope for - 'hiding in our homes' as you call it was the only way it could be done! I told you that I left to ease the burden on them; becuse I was the burden! I was the weak one, the one who was not needed - sickly and half blind and of no use to anyone!"

Whether her family had loved her or not was unimportant. They were tied together with stronger bonds than simple love. Honor, loyalty, duty - life and death necessity; it was not the kind of thing one slapped such an easy word as 'love' on.

As for thriving... Maea's face twisted in a grimace that rejected the notion. "Is that what it looks like to you? Like I'm thriving? Appearances really are deceiving." Biting her teeth together so hard that muscles shifted in her jaw, Maea turned her back on the ghost and its chilly aura; and missed the way it lifted it's arms in an exasperated gesture, speaking hasty silent words that couldn't be heard. Anger stemming from frustration when it wouldn't be acknowledged.
Good days are gonna come along
Hold on, hold on!
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] it wasn't because I didn't know enough - by Maea - 04-13-2024, 02:38 AM