[SE] it wasn't because I didn't know enough
open
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 425
She bows to no one.
Thal let her outreached hand fall back to her side, a small pang of hurt resonating. The logic in her mind told her not to take it personally, but the visible recoil from her touch struck deeper than the situation warranted. Although Maea had turned away, Thal steeled her face to keep the pain from peeking through. Hers was nothing in comparison to the world-ending heartbreak she had seen in Maea's eyes. An innate, dispassionate instinct told her to leave as the choked words had demanded of her, yet the separation between words were almost a plea to stay.

"Don't leave me alone." The words repeated in her ears like a cry for help.

If no one stayed to support her in her pain, how was she supposed to heal? Thal held no inclination towards compassion or solacing. Her job was complete. The ghost was gone. What connection did she have to Maea anyways?

Standing, she looked back to Maea's stiff figure before walking out the door and closing it behind her softly, only to slide her body down to the floor. Silently, she let her head lean against the wood. The cold night air dragged across her skin, slowing her racing heart. A languid sense of exhaustion settled over her, but she made no effort to get comfortable.

Their relationship was not deep or close. They barely knew each other. She should just get up and leave. There was bound to be food nearby. However, Thal stayed rooted to the floor. She knew what it was like to walk alone in life. She had been without anyone before as she wandered aimlessly those first few months after her awakening. No one deserved to feel that kind of isolation from others. Maea especially.

So she sat in silence, each stabbing stone and unyielding surface a conscious punishment to indulge her self-pity as her few memories replayed continuously. Thal let her pain continue in solidarity, waiting for Maea to open up.
Thalassa

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] it wasn't because I didn't know enough - by Thalassa - 04-25-2024, 10:36 PM