[SE] it wasn't because I didn't know enough
open
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
I feel it in the wind, my dear
The sun is gonna reappear
The woman left. The quiet snick as the door closed behind her was as a trigger that released a held back torrent. Sucking in a deep breath that shuddered with the force of pent up emotion, and another, Maea bent like a candle before a raging bonfire. The pain was a physical thing. It rose like a spasm through her gut, tearing its way through her throat and broke free in a choked up groan. The first cry was entirely silent; but the ones that followed were of the guttural, heart-wrenching kind that brought to mind wounded animals or dying horses. No one should ever have to make that sound. No one should ever have to hear it either.

But here they were anyway. Made to suffer through such a deeply unpleasant experience together, in the name of... what? Not friendship, surely. Friends didn't say those kinds of things to one another, even when they should.
But family might. Was there, after all, anything more savage and well meaning than a sister who told the truth like it was? Knowing, without really understanding why, that there was no running away from one another.

It took a long time before the desperate sobs stopped sounding through the door. Longer still before quieter, hiccuping sobs ceased shaking Maea's thin shoulders and the raging flood of her grief ran its course. Should Thalassa, when the silence within grew still more prolonged, decide to crack the door open and peer inside, it would be to find the Loreseeker curled up on the floor in a corner of her office, sitting with her back against a shelf and the knees pulled up against the chest. Shawl wrapped around herself, she stared unseeing at some spot along the ceiling. Silent and unmoving - beyond words or such things as sleep or self-awareness.
Good days are gonna come along
Hold on, hold on!
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] it wasn't because I didn't know enough - by Maea - 04-26-2024, 12:05 AM