Mini Event from these stones, horizons sing
TORCHLINE LEADERSHIP EVENT (I hate that I used that quote but it fits D:<)
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
REMI
the alchemist
there's a feeling i get when i look to the west,
& my spirit is crying for leaving.
Remi wasn't nervous perse. Having your child die in your arms made political plays like this seem entirely small. Still, his stomach fluttered a touch as he made his way towards the end of the dock with Sunjata. "I'd say we could arm wrestle for it, but..." Remi flexed a hand, knowing that despite his strength, the flood would always have height on his side. Grinning a touch at that, Remi turned to face the crowd and did something perhaps they might not expect.

He played the game.

"Once I was kind and needlessly naive. Those of you who have met me know that is not longer the case. But you also know that for all the things I am, I'm not a liar, no longer painfully humble. I like Sunjata—" Turning he gave the man at his side a genuine nod, before looking back ahead. "—but I think I'm better for you than he is, and I'll tell you why."

Torchline was not about minced words and sugar-coated sentiments, so he'd give it to them straight.

"Sure I came here recklessly, destroyed property and drank to excess." He tried to seek out Raza 's gaze, to grin apologetically. "But I always paid my debts and arrived before sunrise to fix the things I broke in anger. We've all lost those we love and many have acted out because of it, and you'll never hear me run or hide from the things I've done."

He probably should have shot Sunjata a look of forward-looking apology, but he didn't.

"Sunjata started to build a life in the Hollowed Grounds, then abandoned it. He's made a new start here, but is also building a bar in Halo. Why think he has much of a vested interest here other than his recent say so? He goes back and forth from here, to Halo, to the Grounds. I've been here longer, and have hardly left the sands since I was first deposited here by Safrin. Since arriving I've defended the Torchline way of things to those who might want to sand down its rougher edges but have tried to keep things safer as well. I've added to the economy, killed ghost whales after they attacked merchant vessels, and have declared this place my home." Running a hand through his curls, the alchemist folded his arms across his chest.

"I am stronger and faster by far, with magic and shifts both. Whatever I might have lost in losing my daughter—" Remi's voice only wavered slightly at that, "—I've gained in perspective. I may not like all of you, and you may not like me; that's fine. But know that as your governor, you'll never wonder where you stand with me."

With power and someone like Ronin to ever keep him grounded, the alchemist couldn't be easily bought or persuaded. There were no demons in his closet hidden from light. If anything, he'd dragged his problems around with him for all to see, dealing with them in real time. He wasn't so sure Sunjata could say the same.

Be at least level 1 ✓
Have explored 3 boards within that region ✓
Have engaged 5 times with the region (joining/starting a guild, encountering the flora/fauna, assisting someone) ✓
  • Has helped with repairs on the Hanged Man (so what if he caused them)
  • Opened a travelling cart with goods for sale
  • Has engaged with Ghost whales and Hels
  • Recent volcano KQ lol
  • Per Ludo's instructions, have eased the death of drowning sailors
  • Has assisted with the underground economy  
Have completed 2 PQs (hosted or joined) in the region that help to better the land (creating a shop, taking care of a problem, etc) ✓
Thread with every member of your cabinet at l east once (3 or fewer in a thread)
Host a PQ with your entire cabinet setting up your base of operations and establishing positions
- On hold.
in my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
& the voices of those who stand looking.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Messages In This Thread
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Remi - 04-03-2020, 08:05 PM
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Sunjata - 04-03-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Ronin - 04-03-2020, 09:39 PM
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Jack - 04-03-2020, 09:47 PM
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Seren - 04-03-2020, 09:47 PM
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Eloise - 04-03-2020, 09:51 PM
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Saiden - 04-03-2020, 09:53 PM
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Melita - 04-03-2020, 10:00 PM
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Jiao - 04-03-2020, 10:49 PM
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Jigano - 04-04-2020, 04:22 PM
RE: from these stones, horizons sing - by Nate - 04-04-2020, 05:26 PM