all the ghosts that live inside me
Safrin
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN

In the quiet of the night, a solitary raven flew down to land before the shrine. The starry night sky was especially spectacular this evening, with colorful borealis dancing as if to some unknown tune. In another time, the young raven might have smiled at the sight, or tried to hum a tune and figure out the rhythm and the beat. He had brought a lute to this same shrine twice before, in an attempt to beseech someone to listen, only to then offer it up altogether, even though music had always been what he did best. 

Not so, this time. Tonight, this lost soul had only itself to offer, and only barely. A ghost of who he once was, the raven some called Korbin placed a seashell on the frost-fern patterned stone and stepped back. Wrapped in his shift, he contemplated an attempt at returning to human guise... but in the end could not bring himself to do it. Surely a goddess would be able to see that this bird was more truly him, these days?

He had not looked at the seashell, since Safrin gave it to him. The formerly white surface had been splotched with dye in the time since, and no matter how he tried, he could not bring himself to find them pretty. Dirty shades of red, blue and orange brought bruises to mind. Fresh, aged, fading - all manner of injuries his words and actions had inflicted upon others.

"Lady," a thought whispered hoarsely, from the raven to the stars. "Your kindness might be wasted on someone like me. I have done as you asked... but it hurt more people than it helped."

He had been such a raging fire, only capable of burning all he touched. And now... there was only ashes left. Through no doing of his own.

Quest turn in for Safrin!

who by common trial? - asked Safrin for help with controlling his anger

Korbin has been given a quest! He must learn from the failings of others when it comes to the issues he's experiencing, specifically 1. how to deal with anger, 2. how to properly communicate feelings, and 3. How to deal with being disliked.

Complete 5 threads, learning about each once, and then two others of your choosing. The seashell will gain colour with each successful conversation. Return to Safrin after.

all the times that I keep holding onto - how to deal with anger/losing control of emotions w Morgan
You've Got A Problem - how to properly communicate feelings w Noah
fresh regrets, vodka sweats - how to deal with being disliked w Neron
Long for that feeling to not feel at all - exploring reasons to live w Chulane
seeking the totality of solace - considering someone else's feelings over his own w Noah
Young and alone on a long road,
Once I lost my way

Messages In This Thread
all the ghosts that live inside me - by Korbin - 05-26-2021, 07:43 PM