you're only human too
Nurse

Age: 37 | Height: 6’1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

They seem to calm once he takes away the dizzying element of the ocean beyond with his broad shoulders, and Bart can't help but feel relieved when he doesn't manage to irritate them any further before they even get a chance to try. He may be the prickliest in the bunch but when he has them holding onto his arms, trusting him despite their fear, all the spines and needles fall away to something softer beneath. And, frankly, it's nice to be able to touch someone again after so long in isolation.

All things considered, they're incredibly brave; submitting immediately to his advice and continually repeating the little bunny hops as he steadies them with his arms. But impatience is the killer of confidence, and he can tell they weren't totally prepared for the sensation of being on their back when they try for it out of the blue. Jolting, he tightens his grip and pulls slightly to help get them back to their feet, heart thudding harder in his chest for a moment as they cling to one another in the aftermath.

Any desire to berate them vanishes as they own up to their fear - and he envies them that easy ability - and soldier on despite it. In fact, it makes him crack a helplessly impressed grin. "You were badass about it though," he reassures, voice kind this time despite the crudeness. "So next time you hop, do it facin' that way, not towards me. I'm goin' to put my arm under your shoulders 'kay?" Consent is important and all that. "No matter how it feels, I won't let ya go under. You can hold onto me with the hand closest, but let the other drift out." Maybe that will give them more of a feeling of control. A reassurance that Bart won't move away or drop them, though he'd never dare. "Then yer gonna go on yer back again, and keep your legs curled like when ya were hoppin'. It'll feel better than extendin' them yet." Bart tries to be as detailed as possible so that when the moment comes, they won't be surprised or scared. "The water'll make you super light, so I'll put my other arm under yer legs when you get to there, and then I'll just...cradle ya I guess is the best word. And we'll work on you learnin' to float on yer back that way." With zero risk of being pulled out by the waves or dipping below the water if they breathe anxiously and can't keep themselves buoyant.
bartie

Messages In This Thread
you're only human too - by Eleftheria - 05-30-2023, 02:45 AM
RE: you're only human too - by Bartholomew - 06-03-2023, 06:45 AM
RE: you're only human too - by Eleftheria - 06-04-2023, 12:10 AM
RE: you're only human too - by Bartholomew - 06-09-2023, 09:16 PM
RE: you're only human too - by Eleftheria - 06-10-2023, 02:52 AM
RE: you're only human too - by Bartholomew - 06-14-2023, 01:14 AM
RE: you're only human too - by Eleftheria - 06-16-2023, 05:06 AM
RE: you're only human too - by Bartholomew - 06-19-2023, 07:54 PM
RE: you're only human too - by Eleftheria - 06-24-2023, 08:59 PM
RE: you're only human too - by Bartholomew - 06-27-2023, 01:32 AM