Personal Quest by tooth or by claw
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
No better version of me I could pretend to be tonight
Rough rolls all around, fam.

Except Koa. He's got those big numbers coming out.

Which is fortunate, because Octavius does not. While his speech is eloquent and impassioned, and I am certainly moved by it, the crowd of workers seems indifferent at best. In fact a low chant has begun, with a handful of the discontents cheering in a synchronized "Grond, Grond, Grond!" as their leader continues to stand square before Octavius, a scowl on his weathered face. "I'll call ya whatever the fuck I like, boy," the older man all but snarls. He seems ready to spit again, thoroughly unmoved and clearly full of generational trauma that is manifesting as misplaced rage against the poor young Belefort.

Luckily it's at this moment that Koa steps in. As much as he wants to see Octavius' smug face dented in, he wants to see this whole endeavor succeed much more. So he plasters on his friendliest grin and saunters toward the crowd, laying a broad hand firmly on the older boy's shoulder and raising another to Grond. "Hey, Uncle- no need for this, yeah? Octavius' people might have been shitheads, but he's not so bad. Give him a chance." His grip tightens in a silent warning to not fuck this up while Grond wavers and the crowd mutters, tension thrumming between them all---

And then Grond relents, subtly, but enough to make the others back down. He glares from Koa to Octavius, clearly skeptical but willing to let it go for now. "Pretty words from a pretty boy," the foreman growls to Octavius. "We'll see if you have the stones to back 'em up."

Well. All's well that ends well, right? As the prison crew turns to return to work, Koa lets out a sigh of relief. Turning to Octavius, he offers his fiercest, smugest, most shit-eating grin. "You owe me, Belefort," the young man crows - and oh, you can bet he will remember this.

Meanwhile, rock sliders. Anju's plan is a good one: slightly dazed by the sudden light and disturbance, the creature seems rather willing to haul its angry ass away from here. But then Samael launches off Anna's shoulder, sending lightning arcing through the small space, and the serpent goes from perturbed to fearful and enraged. With startling speed it uncoils and rises, snapping formidable fangs at the attacking dragon - and landing a solid bite on him. Samael may be long, but even a young rock slider is the size of a man, and this one boasts an impressive length of nearly ten feet. It seems to have decided that if it must go, it will bring poor Samael with it. Time to free a dragon, girls!

An eventful round 2 complete!
-- Octavius does not calm the workers, but luckily Koa steps in to help, and together they prevent a riot. Phew!
-- Anju succeeds at scaring the rock slider, but Samael's attack disturbs it enough to put up a fight. Unfortunately he misses and the rock slider now has him in its jaws and is trying to run away with this potential snack! Oh no!

Lasses, what are you going to do about this beastie?
Lads, go help your elders!

No posting order.
Koa

Messages In This Thread
by tooth or by claw - by Koa - 06-12-2023, 07:27 PM
RE: by tooth or by claw - by Anna - 06-13-2023, 01:34 AM
RE: by tooth or by claw - by Anju - 06-14-2023, 02:32 AM
RE: by tooth or by claw - by Octavius - 06-15-2023, 03:29 PM
RE: by tooth or by claw - by Koa - 06-16-2023, 03:14 PM
RE: by tooth or by claw - by Octavius - 06-17-2023, 02:08 AM
RE: by tooth or by claw - by Anju - 06-19-2023, 07:40 PM
RE: by tooth or by claw - by Anna - 06-22-2023, 04:58 PM