Hit the brakes, you’re not thinking straight
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347

Secrets I have held in my heart
Are harder to hide than I thought
Oh god. Ohhhhh god. What is he doing? There's so many people here, and there's not nearly enough dancing for it to have the same anonymity as a bar. In fact there's way more eye contact here than Jude thinks he has ever experienced in his life. What is he doing? What is he doing?

Jude can't tell if the reason the bottle in his hand is slipping is because his hand is sweaty or the outside is slick with condensation, but at least it keeps his focus on having to readjust it every few minutes. Realistically, being in Stormbreak at all is a petty act of revenge against Sohalia, though he'd wanted to accompany Noe back after she'd stayed with him for a short time. From there the conversation had turned to other acts of revenge and well...what better revenge than losing his virginity, something he'd tentatively thought might be hers someday?

There are definitely better options. Jude is an idiot.

He clearly hadn't thought it through much further than that, but he's slowly becoming more accustomed to alcohol after so many visits to bars to drink and fight and it gives him enough courage to smile shyly at a few of the workers at Molly's. His mother being a long-time worker and Madame ensures Jude is more comfortable with the workers than the patrons, but it's mostly theoretical acceptance of their jobs instead of actually being smooth. So he lingers in the corner, taking nervous pulls from his bottle and trying to come up with a plan - when it suddenly comes up empty, robbing him of his procrastination device.

Mumbling a swear under his breath like a kid trying to hide it from his nearby parent, Jude turns around and heads for the bar, nearly stepping straight into - "Koa?" Jude's eyes go huge, the slight flush of a buzz deepening into something mortified at the sight of the last loose thread in his life showing up unannounced yet again. Shit, is there supposed to be a rule here where you pretend not to recognize people for anonymity? Jude's eyes dart to the bar, and he affixes a nervous smile as he gestures toward it. "Uh, sorry. Just. On my way for a drink. Sorry. 'scuse me." He sidles past him, ears hot, only pausing as a terrible idea creeps into his brain and seemingly takes hold of his head, making him turn over his shoulder. "Um...actually, let me repay you for last time?" One hand extends, a rope for Koa to reach for or brush aside, letting him have a goddamn choice for once.
Maybe I just want to be yours
Yeah, I want to be yours
Jude

Messages In This Thread
Hit the brakes, you’re not thinking straight - by Jude - 12-13-2023, 03:35 AM