and when I plant these gardens
for Harper
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Harper
I'm as calm as a baby lamb
always being led
Harper's expression is grave. "I would rather be paranoid and wrong than ignore the possibility," he rumbles, privately relieved that she doesn't dismiss it out of hand. "Anything more public or violent would have caused Sohalia's friends in high places to respond. You don't think the timing is convenient when Dahlia is a confirmed threat?" And maybe it's just because she's his daughter that Harper believes the story of pressure and romance less, or maybe it's his war-roughened paranoia, but what was there to lose in considering every possibility?

When she doesn't take his hand, he turns it palm down and lets his fingertips just barely graze her knee as he sets it on the grass beneath them. "You have hands to write and ears to hear. I've seen people killed for less in war." It's a heavy word to use so soon after the war with The Voice, but Harper already considers this to be a war. What else can the void creatures be but an invasion? "Would you die for it? For a role?" For a god? It resonates devastatingly in Harper's chest, because he had answered very differently when he held the title of King. It doesn't surprise him that Lena is a better person than him, but selfishly - "I don't want to lose you. I've lost so many friends. I'm just - I'm scared for you." In her gentle hands and eyes he sees Ray, in her devotion he sees Weaver, and he isn't sure how many more friends he can lose. Though he can't claim to be a very good or constant friend, the idea of losing one of the few people he can seek out unburdened these days makes his chest threaten to cave in. Selfish, selfish, selfish. Isn't that what he'd been seeking to teach himself in the past seasons? So why does he regret it so much now?
I'm as blue as blood
before the blood runs red

Messages In This Thread
and when I plant these gardens - by Lena - 04-23-2024, 09:37 PM
RE: and when I plant these gardens - by Harper - 04-23-2024, 10:17 PM
RE: and when I plant these gardens - by Lena - 04-23-2024, 11:27 PM
RE: and when I plant these gardens - by Harper - 04-24-2024, 01:10 AM
RE: and when I plant these gardens - by Lena - 04-24-2024, 09:45 PM
RE: and when I plant these gardens - by Harper - 04-24-2024, 11:40 PM
RE: and when I plant these gardens - by Lena - 04-25-2024, 10:50 PM
RE: and when I plant these gardens - by Harper - 04-25-2024, 11:06 PM
RE: and when I plant these gardens - by Lena - 04-25-2024, 11:14 PM