God Quest Black lace on sweat
Dygra
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb
This time, Maea chose the climb down into darkness. While the pale Leafchange sun offered her a decent enough lighting to find foothold in the beginning, once she got far enough down it became a slow, painstaking process of fumbling blindly for nooks and crannies in the rock where her feet might fit. It was a proper test of faith, to be sure. How far were you willing to go to reach the shrine? How much blood, sweat and tears could you stand to part with in order to stand face to face with the goddess? Not just any goddess either, but Dygra.

Maea found the answer in every silent prayer of thanks when she shifted her weight onto a perch and found it holding steady. In the dark, time did not matter, and only the burn in her muscles told her how long it took before her feet finally connected with the ground. Only then did she breathe a sigh of relief. Sucking droplets of blood from her cut and abused fingertips, she hefted the bag containing her dress more comfortably onto her shoulders and fumbled her way into the shrine proper. Her palm was sliced open further by the sharp prisms that lined the walls, pricking her fingers and snagging her shins on low clusters until the worn trousers hung in tatters about her legs. It was fine. She wouldn't need them after this.

Smearing her heart's blood on the ruby, Maea knelt and bowed her head, before unpacking the fruit of her efforts.

"Lady, I have returned," she murmured, listening to the way the shadows seemed to swallow her voice. "I chose a dress, covered it in ash from the Climb, and in the blood of a creature I killed, and I have trained against an opponent who wore armor."

And there it was, the dress. Beautiful in cut and in theory; but the fabric was a stiff, cakey mess of ash and dried blood that utterly ruined the black velvet and crimson silk. Or would have ruined it, if this was just any dress. Of course it wasn't. It was the beginning of a new chapter, and the first step on her path towards change.  

Maea had every confidence that it would not remain like this for long.

Black velvet if you please
Maea has completed the quest from Dygra.
And I remember thinking — I want to be like them
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Black lace on sweat - by Maea - 04-24-2024, 12:15 AM
RE: Black lace on sweat - by Dygra - 04-27-2024, 02:49 PM
RE: Black lace on sweat - by Maea - 04-27-2024, 05:09 PM
RE: Black lace on sweat - by Dygra - 04-30-2024, 05:10 PM
RE: Black lace on sweat - by Maea - 04-30-2024, 05:32 PM
RE: Black lace on sweat - by Dygra - 04-30-2024, 05:50 PM
RE: Black lace on sweat - by Maea - 04-30-2024, 06:20 PM