Sing to me
Harper <3
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Harper
Come out into the sun and stay awhile
Come meet me at the comedown
It's not unfair wording given the long stretches of time that often fill the spaces between their visits, but it lends a mischievous tilt to his grin. "Such a tone of doubt! I can always leave and come back after more time has passed," he offers, feigning turning back to descend the front steps until she opens the door wider.

He has to stop for a moment to hang his damp coat and toe off his boots, but it's a pleasant feeling to know he's preparing to stay longer than a brief moment. It also allows him time to look around the house which he has previously only seen from the outside. It's homey in a lived-in, repurposed way that makes his chest fill with warmth and nostalgia. Since falling into Caido and landing straight in Phoebe's lap, he's never lived in anything less than quarters befitting a respected midwife, demigod, or council member. This? He envies her this, and it's apparent in the softness of his wistful express as he looks around the main room.

"It's beautiful. I love it." Spoken as sincerely as he can muster to ensure she doesn't think he's teasing or lying. Eyes finally returning to her, he laughs and reaches out a hand, fingertips just barely brushing beneath the ashy smudges on her cheek to point them out to her in perhaps a little too intimate of a way. "Got a little ash there. From your fight with the hearth I assume?" He would recommend opening a window if it wouldn't threaten to chill her, so he breathes in the hazy air without complaint. "I can try to help, or we can warm up on dinner first? I packed it away hot in a cooler so it shouldn't need to be reheated." He'd brought along some chilled rare steaks in case she was craving something bloodier too, but there was no sense in ruining the surprise early by mentioning them.
When no one's talkin' about you at all
When there's no more little job you gotta do

Messages In This Thread
Sing to me - by Maea - 04-25-2024, 02:09 AM
RE: Sing to me - by Harper - 04-25-2024, 06:30 AM
RE: Sing to me - by Maea - 04-25-2024, 03:47 PM
RE: Sing to me - by Harper - 04-25-2024, 04:07 PM
RE: Sing to me - by Maea - 04-25-2024, 04:29 PM
RE: Sing to me - by Harper - 04-26-2024, 03:08 AM
RE: Sing to me - by Maea - 04-26-2024, 03:42 AM
RE: Sing to me - by Harper - 04-26-2024, 04:11 AM
RE: Sing to me - by Maea - 04-26-2024, 04:34 AM