[OPEN] Anything Helps
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
She had helped unleash the Voice upon Caido. Now she had to see her brought down.

For all Roana's faults, not taking responsibility for her actions was not amongst them. She recognized the potential danger she had caused in bringing down the barrier - even though she still staunchly believed it to be necessary. She could not afford to sit idly by and allow Caido to fall into chaos again because of her lack of follow through.

Quietly she walked through the shelves of books, her hands already heavy with tomes whose titles seemed to indicate some important tidbit of information might lay inside its pages. Despite the general consensus that she was rash, brutish, violent in nature, she paced the isle with great care and respect. Bright blue eyes were focused on her task, lips pursed with thought, steps soft and silent. She did not barrel through, horns blaring, she was unassuming, mindful of her environment and fellow occupants, not even daring to ask assistance in her search for fear of offence. She knew she wasn't wanted, and so she tried to stay invisible.

ROANA
be the heroine of your life
Virion Wolfsbane
Head hunter

Age: 31 | Height: 6ft | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Gremlin Offline
Change author:

VIRION
i find the pretty things & i put them through hell
Virion did not like this place at all. It was so different from the home he was used to and most everyone seemed, not at ease, but not as hostile as his own people. The wolf decided to take a trip to the atheneum, see if he could find a map to guide him, figure out exactly where he was and how far away it was from the country he had been raised in. His fingers traced over dusty volumes. He had never seen this many tomes in one place before.

As he walked, he paid more attention to the books than the lambs that made their way so ignorant of danger. He had already gotten his fix earlier so he would be okay until that primal need rose in him again. Of course, maybe he should have paid more attention because he felt himself almost bump into someone. A low, animal growl of warning left his throat before he glanced over at who it was. A female who seemed to have a giant stack of books.

"Got any maps?" Virion asked Roana, keeping his voice low, almost a hypnotic whisper as he spoke.
Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Roana jerked forward slightly when she was bumped into, if only because she hadn't been expecting it. But it was the growl that followed that put her on edge. Who the hell growled when they bumped into someone? The former captain turned, a brow raised above cold blue eyes. If Viri's instinct served him at all, he would recognize that this was no lamb standing before him, but a predator like himself. She was strong of body and spirit, not at all intimidated of the man that stood before her.

"Got any maps?"

Rude too. Okay then. "No, I don't. The maps are in a different section I think." she said, a bit curtly, before turning back to her browsing of the shelves. She had no time to waste on rude strangers, especially ones who seemed more interested in trying to intimidate than converse. But even with her back turned she wasn't a sitting duck. She was keeping a side-eye on this fellow, not trusting him in the slightest after their brief exchange.

ROANA
Virion Wolfsbane
Head hunter

Change author:

VIRION
Virion observed Roana's reaction when he bumped into her. His grey eyes were cold, devoid of emotion as he took in her posture, her actions. She was not like the other sheep that milled about the room and the damned country they were in. She was a predator like him, it seemed. Less lamb and more fox.

An annoyed growl, lower this time, escaped his throat at the mention of them being in a different section. He walked past her, looking in another direction. That did not mean that he would let his guard down. He never did but he was on edge this time as he found the maps and began searching through them. After he found the map he needed, he took it to a table and unravelled it.

The wolf scanned the map carefully, finding the name of the country he had come from. He looked over and his eyes widened. Impossible.... Well, he had not expected that portal to appear, allowing him to leave his homeland. But he had not expected it to be that far away. He then tried to find the way out of this place, tracing with a finger, but every way he tried, he knew that there would be a barrier.

He huffed as he kept looking. There had to be a way out of this country...
Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
Her eyes narrowed as he growled once again. She had met many a strange fellow in her life, but not any that growled like an animal. Even Attuned didn't act like that. But he stalked off, and so she put him and his oddness out of her mind. Besides, she had work to do. Or...well...studying. It wasn't often she got time like this away from her boys after all (bless Phoebe and her babysitting) so she needed to make the most of it.

After finding several tomes, she found a place to sit, not noticing the growly-man from before just caddy-corner to her. Quietly she began leafing through the texts, focused on her task. But as people passed by and noticed her, whispers became the new background noise, and none too kind to the former Captain. Near every word that passed through lips were insults - and though none quiet enough to really pass for trying to be sneaky, she did not lift her gaze from her task.

It didn't mean she did not hear them, she just wasn't going to acknowledge it.

ROANA
Virion Wolfsbane
Head hunter

Change author:

VIRION
It seemed no matter what way he tried, he would be blocked. That meant he was trapped until whatever magic controlled that barrier let the barrier drop. He frowned slightly, feeling a build-up in his temples, a headache. He rubbed his temples and groaned lowly, running one of his hands through his long black hair before he looked up, having heard multiple whispers. At first, he thought the not too kind words were directed at him. That was, until he looked up and noticed the woman looking at her tomes.

A swear word caught his attention, making him look at the woman again, who seemed to not hear them. Or maybe she did, he did not know. Roana gave no indication that she heard them and the wolf admired that. Had it been him, the room would have been painted red. But since it was not about him, he watched the woman they were talking about.

"What'd you do to piss everyone off?" he asked, head tilted to the side curiously as he looked back down at the map, finger tracing the land he had come from.
Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
The comments did bother her. She did want to stand up and shout and yell and tell them all off; all of these people who judged her without knowing her or her intentions. But she refrained. It would accomplish nothing, and therefore wasn't worth the energy. The opinions of strangers would not hold her back from doing what needed doing. If they wanted to waste their time on petty gossip, so be it. She would prove them all wrong.

But a voice caught her attention and she looked up to see the growly weirdo where he sat with a map. She looked thoroughly unamused by his question, and once she recognized who asked it, she looked back down at her books. "I helped kill the Spire Demon that had terrorize the people here for 300 years. I refused to accept a cage as a home for anyone helped bring down the barrier that had trapped people for 300 years. And now, I am trying to keep history from repeating itself. Overall, I've made myself a pain in their cowardly butts." she said quietly, her irritation only barely noticeable in her tone.

ROANA
Virion Wolfsbane
Head hunter

Change author:

VIRION
The whispers were brutal and Virion felt bad for the fox. It seemed that predators like them were always hated no matter what they did. He admired her self-control though. She seemed to have a lot more than he did, but that was courtesy of the curse he had been subjected to. Even before that, he barely had any control.

When Roana answered him, he listened intently. It was almost as if a connection had been made then. "You were able to break one of the barriers? How?" Virion seemed a lot more interested in her then.

He pointed to his map then, the country where he was from. "I'm trying to get back to there, but there's a barrier. Do you know how?" Maybe she would be as much use as Jigano would be.
Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
That he didn't immediately spurn her for having helped bring down the barrier surprised her. Slowly she turned to look at him again, brow raised. What was this guy's deal. "Well, I got out through a portal in the basement of the Spire. But another team destroyed a power source that kept the barrier up." she said slowly, as if he should already know this. Why didn't he?

"What is that place?" she asked, glancing at the map he pointed to. "What is the barrier like? If it is like the one that trapped the Hallowed Grounds, you'll need to find it's source and destroy it...which could be a suicide mission." she said. "How did you get out if there is a barrier?

ROANA
Virion Wolfsbane
Head hunter

Change author:

VIRION
Virion had not been around long enough to know that what she did was a bad thing. Or at least, he did not think it was so bad. He listened to her intently. A portal....like the one he had went through. He pushed a strand of his hair out of his face before he looked back up at her.

The wolf shrugged as he pointed to it. "You wouldn't be able to pronounce it. But the barrier is the same as here....an invisible barrier that pushes you back if you get too close." At her question, he let out an annoyed grunt and a shrug. "A week or so ago, there was an, as you call it, portal. Never seen it before. I went through it and came out...." He pointed to the area he had come out at on the map, near The Greatwood. "Here. When I turned back, the portal was gone and now I'm stuck here."
Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
Her expression fell as he answered her. "You wouldn't be able to pronounce it. What. An. Ass. Seriously, here she was, offering advice and help, and he had the gall to cop an attitude. Well, two could play at that game. If he wanted to be a jerk, she didn't have to play along. Men were such idiots, thinking they could behave however they wanted and still get whatever they wanted from women.

"Sounds like a real conundrum buddy." she said dryly, voice and expression flat. "But, since you seem fully aware of my capabilities after three sentences, I suppose whatever knowledge I have of these portals and barriers won't be of use to you. Too bad." she said, a hint of sass in her voice as she sat back in her seat, and turned to her books.

ROANA
Virion Wolfsbane
Head hunter

Change author:

VIRION
When she went back to reading, he groaned, albeit a bit primally. What did he have to lose by telling her the name of it? He had nothing to lose so finally he spoke the name of the forsaken country he had come from. The mention of it brought flashbacks to him. The blood staining his fingers, the dead body, the god's echoing words in his head...

No...

He could not think about that. That would only make the beast come out. Virion did not want that. Not now at least. He still needed to try to fit in, gain trust. Once he did that, then he could do as he wanted. Besides, she did not need to know the real name.

Instead, he braced himself and tensed slightly. "I'm from Haloren...You know the name now." It was a statement, his voice just as flat as hers.
Coding base by Sky!
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
Roana looked over at him without turning her head, lips pursed. Well then, clearly that powerplay had worked even if he was going to be grumpier now than he had been before. "Haloren, huh. Yep. That's a tongue-twister for sure." she said dryly, still irritated with his gruffness when she had offered knowledge at his request. She didn't even particularly care what the name of it was. She just had been curious.

Roana looked back at her books. "So is it actually surrounded by a barrier, or do you just not know how to get back after the portal spit you out?" she asked, flipping a page in the book she was perusing. "From what I understand the gods dont just go around putting barriers up willy nilly. Maybe you should go ask one of them how to get back." she said.

ROANA