Age: 27 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural
Level: 6 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 19
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP:
Thank you for finding me
And thank you for the care
When he'd tried to think of someone to take with him on his second snake grabbing task, Evie had not been the first person on Sam's mind. But he'd already taken Remi and Jigano to the Bone Bridge and there were only so many things he could place on his stronger friend's shoulders...and Nate...he felt anxious to take his lover anywhere, for he knew if he was injured the man would want to keep him home forever, and there was too much to do.

Eventually his mind had turned to Evie. After their last conversation he had been quietly hopeful they could have at least a civil relationship, perhaps even a friendly one with time. While he might have to fudge some of the details as to how his hand had ended up as it had, he could probably sell the trip into the woods as a pleasant Flowerbirth walk, even if they had to get a snake.

He had arranged to meet her at the edge of the woods and he waited anxiously, dressed in a heavy coat (it was still cold this time of year and he still took joy in the simple feeling of wrapped-up warmth) with his hands in his pockets, both for the heat and to hide his hand from her as they first met, as he knew it could be a little shocking.
And fuck you for making me
Think that this life might be fair
SAMUEL
Evie Wordsworth
Apothecarist

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 9
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP:
EVIE
there ain't no doubt in no ones mind
Evie can't say she isn't at least mildly suspicious of the invitation she receives from Sam. Though she's admittedly worried for him with how tensions have grown and become more public about the Ascended, she knows he isn't the type to seek her out even after their last positive interaction. He would have been too self-conscious, too weak-willed to seek her out and make the first step. Not that she hadn't intended to, but she had admittedly been busy with half-adopting a weird child and preparing for LongNight.

Despite her suspicions, she doesn't consider not answering. If he needs something of her, she will be there. Just as she worries in private, it's easier to admit that she'd be there in a moment to aid him if he so much as reached out. Perhaps even if he didn't. Even at their worst, she had never wanted him to really be harmed. Maybe on the surface, but she has grown a lot since then, and is still coming to terms with her own defensive feelings.

The spring air is crisp and inviting as she departs her shop, closing up behind her and setting her little placard to 'closed'. Sets out early so she can take her time enjoying the new, flowering scenery. By the time she sees Sam's shock of red hair on the horizon, she is much calmer than she'd been that morning - stiff with nerves, habitual defensiveness, a little pissed at having to get up early on anyone's terms but her own. She walks right up to him, grabs at the arm of his coat and shakes it a little as she smiles. "Alright Sammykins, talk. I don't mind the walk, but what did you really call me out here for?" She's not the praying type, not anymore, but she hopes it's nothing particularly serious.
that love's the finest thing around

Table by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller
Portal Calibrator
Age: 27 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural
Level: 6 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 19
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP:
Thank you for finding me
And thank you for the care
Sam heard Evie coming of course, with his Ascended abilities, but he gave her the joy of pretending to be surprised when she pulled at his sleeve. Admittedly he hammed it up a little, gasping and stepping back as if the sight of her was intensely shocking. "Can I not just want to go on a walk with my sister?" He asked, a smile on his lips that felt odd after the crushing depression of the last few weeks.

Setting off into the woods the smile faltered a little as he let go of the pretence, unable to keep it up for too long. "We are here because of this." He said, taking his wounded hand out of his pocket and holding it up before the both of them, his absent fingers seeming all the more noticeable as he showed it to someone new.

"I um...lost some things during Longnight." Sam added, as if it were not painfully obvious, speaking more to fill the air than anything else. "There is something in these woods that might help me to get my hand healed fully."
And fuck you for making me
Think that this life might be fair
SAMUEL