Armor of the Heart
God Quest Turn-In
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He might have had second thoughts about this request he had made of Ludo now that time had calmed some of his initial fears, but even if he had been a fool, he was going to be a fool who saw things through. For that reason he made his way through the Greatwood on wandering feet, following Isuma as she chased bugs and hunted mice until the wood turned darker and spookier in spite of the cheerful Longheat afternoon.

From there the path grew more familiar to him, over bony roots and rich, loamy soil, wending its way towards the pillar-trees with their lanterns and candles. Isuma chirped excitedly when she realized where they were, and Jigano smiled fondly down at her as he moved to light the white candles with flint and tinder.

He placed a handful of sparkling stones upon the shrine in offering, collected when he had met Sunjata at the Whispershore for a Midnight Party gift. These were the finest of those he had found, roughly cut to bring out their glitter but polished to a high gloss to let their rich blues and purples gleam in the candlelight. In his pack he carried the rest of what he had brought: the small jar of Ascended fluid, the bracers Deimos had crafted him for LongNight, and the star charm Amalia had given to him from her necklace.

Isuma settled politely beside him as he knelt and bowed his head in prayer, but her little body quivered with eagerness as she looked forward to seeing her favorite spooky rags again.

" Ludo ?" the bard called softly into the stillness of the shrine. "I've brought what you suggested. Please, will you come? And... tell me if I'm being a bigger fool than usual?" An admission he would make to few, at least not with such sincerity. But with Ludo it was easier to be honest - with himself, and with the masked god, more than any other.

Ascended fluid: obtained from Sam in A drop in the bucket
An item from someone dear to him: star charm given by Amalia in A spoonful of sugar
Protective item: bracers made by Deimos in Before the storm
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LUDO
"We are all of us fools in some way." Ludo descended upon the shrine like a masked blanket, fluttering with the falling leaves of Leafchange. It came to a drifting halt before the Soul Shepherd, examining him closely before weaving here and there to look at the items he had brought.

"Indulge me, however - what makes you believe you are such?" As it spoke, one rag snaked out to tickle at Isuma's feathers, and another went to nudge and rifle through the shiny stones brought as an offering. Once it was finished with its inspection, all the items Jigano had brought would rise into the air of their own accord, ready to become something entirely new.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The gryphlet peeped happily at the attention, and tried to catch the tickling rag as if it were a string to be pounced on, though her talons were gentle in the game. Jigano smiled fondly down at her, then looked up to the masked god as it took the items into the air to juggle, his smile turning wry. "I haven't found much indication of our Ascended population biting people without permission. The more time has passed, the more it feels as if I was... ah. Perhaps overreacting?" He hesitated, then bit his lip. "But then I remember the Voice's threat in the Spire and... maybe it's not so paranoid after all. Even if she killed me, she couldn't keep my soul from reaching you and Mort against my will... could she?"
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LUDO
Ludo seemed pensive as it thought upon Jigano's questions, and the items he had brought with him would begin to twist and spin. Faster and faster, until they were no longer quite distinguishable in the air between them. "Of course, I cannot say for certain. Once I would have been confident in saying that no, the Voice could not do such a thing. Now I am unsure." It seemed to deflate somewhat. As Jigano said, perhaps it was not so paranoid.

"I think any precaution is a good precaution," it offered. The items were a blur now, growing brighter and brighter until something cracked in the air, light blinding, flashing...

And before Jigano, Deimos's bracers hovered ready for the taking. They were changed, however; softly iridescent in the light, with the imprint of a star charm in their centre, a quiet power exuded from them.

Jigano has received the following:

Eclipse Bracers | Whilst wearing these bracers, the user is protected against Ascended bites. If Attuned, the protection remains active whilst the user is in animal form. {One use per thread}.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Jigano winced, for Ludo's words were hardly comforting. He cared more for the god's honesty, though, and it made any defense he might gain against Ascended aggression feel once again like a wary precaution rather than a paranoid overreaction. The masked god's support was worth a great deal to the bard, and he steeled himself and nodded grave thanks, even as the swirling objects drew his eyes to the light-

Light that blinded him and left him blinking for a moment as his vision was reduced to white.

When it cleared and the bracers came into view he couldn't help but smile at the new star charm imprinted on them. Reaching out to gather them close, he bowed deeply to the soulguide before sliding them on, relief and an easing of tension softening his expression as he took comfort from their presence. "Thank you, Ludo."

When he looked up again, there was a flicker of hesitation in his eyes, an uncertainty about what he was asking next. "The mountains beyond Halo, the ones guarded by dragons and monks... the monks said that souls beyond their caves might be prevented from reaching Mort, somehow. Is that a place that I should take the lantern and the song, to try and bring those spirits back to you?"
Spooky Rags

Change author:
LUDO
Ludo bobbed its head in acceptance as Jigano thanked it for the bracers; it considered the task completed, and was quite proud of the creation, if it did say so itself. But as the bard continued, Ludo would appear to quiver with uncertainty. Its mask shook firmly from side to side. "Perhaps one day it may be a place you wish to venture," it said. "But should you go now, you will find yourself part of those souls who do not reach Mort. That is almost certain." Almost, of course, was not the same as entirely. But it was clear in its reaction: to go would be to risk instant death.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Jigano couldn't help but feel a little relieved that the responsibilities he had asked to undertake wouldn't lead him to that dangerous, dragon-filled land. Not yet, at least. Someday, when he was stronger... perhaps then. But he had much still to learn and other tasks to complete. "Then I'll keep my attention on LongNight again this year," he promised. "And maybe these will help defend against any of the monsters that tries to take a bite of me while I'm out carrying the lantern," he added, voice rueful as he admired the bracers again. He didn't know if it was true; they wouldn't be biting him to drink his blood but to rend his flesh, and they seemed to be only distantly related to the modern Ascended, but he'd take any optimism he could get these days.

Days that were beginning to grow shorter, Longheat ending and Leafchange right around the corner.

"I'll look forward to seeing you at the Festival of Lights, if I don't see you sooner," he offered with a smile not knowing that he'd be seeing the masked god in Torchline soon enough. His prayers were often quiet things these days, wishing safe journeys to the souls of departed friends like Adam and Coffee, or gratitude for the survival of others like Amalia and Deimos. Small moments of faith that didn't require personal replies or counseling in the way some fears and grief did. He bowed deeply and gratefully, even as Isuma tumbled after a trailing rag with a triumphant reep! at having almost caught it this time. "Good hunting, Ludo, until then." To seek and find those souls of the departed before they became lost, and to gather them home to Mort's realm.
Spooky Rags

Change author:
LUDO
Already surging up and away, the rags that Isuma chased would flutter and dance, as if to further entice the little gryphlet. "Thank you, Soul Shepherd. May your continued efforts reward you well." And not bring you too soon into Mort's realm. Ludo watched as Jigano turned to leave, marginally better armed against a foe that would certainly grow more wily and more dangerous as these portals continued to open. But what could they do, other than wait and face that adversary when it came?

~FIN