in the dark of the night
Sunjata
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
we live in a world someone else imagined
Takes place pre {KQ} and the earth screamed

It had been one of the longest days of Ronin's life. Fixing up the house up near the lighthouse, introducing Seren to Remi and all of the emotional... stuff that was consistently churning in the back of his head, it was no wonder that the Dark Star couldn't sleep a wink. The storm had finally blown over, allowing him to step outside and onto the craggy grassland, the sky blank of clouds and filled with stars that Ronin just didn't want to look at any more. Even Vanya's twinkling presence wasn't enough.

Moving to sit on the steps outside the house, he ran his hands through his hair and propped his elbows on his knees, giving himself a chance to just... breathe. To breathe through all that had happened, to find some energy to scrape from the depths of himself. He was sore, physically and mentally and spiritually, and there was nothing to do but live with it.
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNJATA
the flood
Just like Ronin, Sunjata can’t sleep either. Tossing and turning all night, too warm or too cold, the bed too big and too many thoughts to drown himself with. So he easily avoids it, deciding whether or not it’s too early in the morning to start drinking or whether it’s just a nightcap. What else did he have to do anyway other than help Ronin with whatever else fell apart at the house beside his? Nothing. Not anymore, really.

So he makes a glass of whiskey, moving to step onto the porch of the home to try and get a few mouthfuls of cooler air, when he spots Ronin outside the house beside his too. And had they really had a chance to talk as of late? No, not without small ears around. He sets the glass on the rail, shifting to his bat form to blend in with the rest of the night. It’d be quieter than him making his way there, faster too, on the off chance Seren’s sleeping.

The bat lands a small ways away from Ronin in the front yard, shifting back into himself to approach. “Is she asleep?” He asks, keeping the finally from being added in. “You look like you could use a drink too.” He raises his brow, arms folding across his chest as Haai flutters over.
love will save you, but it won't save me
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Movement in the darkness drew Ronin's eyes up, just in time to watch a dark silhouette grow and expand, until Sunjata was walking towards him. A tension that Ronin hadn't been aware he had been carrying at the prospect of a stranger in the night released in that moment, and he shuffled up on the step that his friend might join him.

"She is," he confirmed, nodding and giving Jata an exhausted smile. "Thank you for everything today. You really stepped up and helped me, especially given all the shit you're going through - I owe you one."

Glancing at Haai as she swooped over, Ronin glanced briefly up towards the sky where he knew Sugar was circling somewhere. "I need a lot of drinks. Unfortunately the foreseeable future means I need to be sober." He shook his head. "...I didn't know about her until yesterday. Safrin dropped her in my lap."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Ronin shuffles up on the step and Sunjata approaches a bit more, shifting a small amount to sit along the steps beside the hunter to listen while Haai nears in and presses her head against his leg. The griffin turns her attention toward Ronin, then, reaching out with a big wet nose to sniff and inspect the man. “It’s fine.” He offers by his own way of saying you’re welcome. A weak smile is granted toward Ronin with a quiet sigh. “It’s basically the way my life goes, I shouldn’t be surprised.” He adds in a bit quickly, glancing up toward Sugar as he asks whether the hunter would like a drink.

The answer is understandable, but it’s still somewhat early in the night, and Sunjata shifts a small amount to look more fully at Ronin. “One or two to start shouldn’t hurt. Plus, Haai and Sugar are here. They can tell us if she wakes up, yeah?” A raise of his brow to that, a place to have a bit more of a fuller conversation without having a chance of waking Seren up.

Still, his brows furrow when he hears that Safrin just dropped her off. “I’m sorry Ronin. Did you do something where Seren was a possibility? Or did Safrin just make one and drop Seren on you?” He realizes suddenly it might become a small fear — the possibility that Safrin might just make one without consent, without a true reason to dump on their shoulders. Gods, what a mess it was.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Offering out his hand for Haai to sniff, Ronin nudged his shoulder against Jata's and sighed deeply. "I suppose it is," he agreed. "I'm sorry about what happened to Maea. I was there, you know." He rubbed at his forehead. "No one knew she had jumped in the water." Why had she jumped in the water?

Raising his eyebrows as if to ask exactly what kind of father Sunjata thought he was, Ronin finally sighed and nodded and rose to his feet. In his wake, he left his projection behind. It got up and headed inside, a quiet sentinel in case the girl awoke. "Now there's Haai, Sugar and me. Lead the way," he said, already stepping down onto the path.

A dark chuckle left his lips at the guildmaster's apology and questions, Ronin rubbing tiredly at his forehead. "I did, in fact. I had what I thought was the weirdest sex dream of my life. Only when I woke up in my bed, I had these." He rubbed at his wrists, where the constellation tattoos shone faintly gold in the moonlight. "And it wasn't a dream at all." The Star's voice grew bitter, hateful almost. "She always intended for Seren to come of it."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Haai offers a puff of air to the star’s hand before he’s bumping his shoulder into Sunjata’s. The comment isn’t reassuring, however, and he runs a hand through his hair. “I just wish I knew why.” He offers, glancing over to Ronin with a shake of his head and a quiet scoff of a laugh. “Delphia, however, won’t tell me what she has to say to me until after I’ve done some ridiculous ritual to get over Lusea.” A clench to his jaw to that, because he knows deep down that he’s not ready to let the flame go. Nor does he think it’s fair to wage last words on something such as that.

Life wasn’t fair though.

Instead, the griffin heads inside with the projection, and Sunjata calls forth some bats to sleep within the rafters of the porch to add as an additional warning sign before nodding to Ronin and guiding the way toward his own home. He grabs the glass of whiskey that he’d left abandoned on the rail, heading inside and leaving room for Ronin as his question’s aired.

He heads straight for the kitchen with a slight grimace crossing his face though there’s some amusement within it. “Gods.” He murmurs, setting the glass beside a pair of daggers that were intricately designed that nearly seemed to scream Safrin. He grabs an empty glass and the bottle, pouring some in for the hunter as he scouts the gilded tattoos. “She gave me an inkling to get these.” He offers quietly, extending the one already completed sleeve. “But... Did she always intend for you to be the father?” He asks quietly, wondering how far his own interactions with the goddess might have ended up, silently thankful she'd chosen Ronin and not him. "Either way, it's pretty fucked up to be blindsided like that." A frown crosses his face.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Smiling briefly after Haai, Ronin gave his full attention to Sunjata as they headed across the path towards his home. It seemed a large place for just himself, he thought as they walked; but perhaps he was just waxing melancholic because the subject of conversation was Maea. "Wait, what?" He raised an eyebrow, glancing across to the other man. "I won't confess to know your history, or pry at it, but are you saying she won't deliver Maea's last words to you until you miraculously get over another woman?"

Harsh. Ronin would not have been standing quite so calmly, in Sunjata's shoes.

The daggers definitely did look Safrin-esque, as did the ink on the guildmaster's arm, and the Dark Star didn't have to be a genius to figure out the other man's deity alignment. Accepting the glass of whiskey, he took a sip and relished the deep burn at the back of his throat, scoffing at the other man's comments. "Honestly, I don't know. I don't know why she did it, especially after I lost Aoife. Why she didn't tell me anything about it, why she just dropped Seren on me yesterday." He shrugged.

"...I hate her, you know." He'd said it once to the goddess's face, and whatever she had said, it hadn't changed the way he felt. "I said I was finished with her. She threatened me for that."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
That’s exactly what I’m saying.” He comments wryly,  a muscle feathering in his jaw as he slips into the home. “She called me an incubus.” He adds with a quiet snort – as if he’d been the direct cause of death for the women he’d loved and lost. As if that pain wasn’t already enough. Regardless, there’s bigger issues at hand – such as goddess seductions and surprise children.

He takes a deep sip of the whiskey as he listens to Ronin’s response, a frown crossing his face after he exhales a swift breath. And honestly? He has no idea what to say to that, why Ronin has no idea, why it had happened in the first place. So he settles a bit, pouring a bit more into his glass and setting the bottle between him and the hunter in case Ronin wants more. His hand stills on the glass at the mention of hating Safrin, and he can understand it.

He doesn’t exactly know if he feels the same, however.

His steel gaze lifts when he mentions she threatened him, a small frown crossing his face to that. “I don’t blame you.” He utters quietly, sighing as he goes to pick up one of the daggers, a small twist of his lips to it as he focuses on the designs before setting them on the table again and running a hand through his hair. “After everything, your first death, her turning you into a star, being brought back.” He huffs a quiet sound, unclear what it means. “You’d think she’d want to do whatever she could to not push you away.” Unless of course for other reasons, though he can’t quite figure that out.

She Attuned me, you know. With a kiss. Gave me a quest with these daggers with another.” He pauses to level his gaze back on the hunter. “I think I’m stuck with her now.” A small shrug, while in side he’s torn up between the information he’s gathered and the terrible feeling in his gut from it aligning with the need to finish the quest to become something for her.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin was not a modern man, but the look on his face was clear, and if he'd known the vocabulary for it, he'd have said it: fuck that noise. "An incubus, huh? For someone meant to act as a vessel for those who have passed on, she certainly allows her own opinions to cloud her judgement, doesn't she?" He shook his head. "I'm sorry, Sunjata. I wouldn't pander to it, personally. She's only hurting Maea more with the ridiculous charade. You can't just get over something because someone asks you to, or makes a ritual about it."

Sitting across from the guildmaster, Ronin did help himself to more whiskey, though he was careful to sip at it slowly. Couldn't afford to get wasted now, could he? Still, the Dark Star could only grumble reluctant agreement at Sunjata's points, shrugging his shoulders - Safrin had pushed him away, whatever happened. "With a kiss, huh? Surprise surprise. Be careful, Jata. That's the only real warning I can give you. Because regardless of everything that has happened, I know I'm still stuck with her too."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
He meets Ronin’s gaze, spying the look on his face that seems to say even he is over that particular bullshit. And in a way, Sunjata both is and isn’t as well. A cross between wanting to know what Maea’s last words were, and at the same time too prideful to give into being pushed around again in order to do it. He’s not ready to let Lusea go, and he wonders how far he can go to pretend just enough to get the words out and move on. Instead, he snorts and scoffs, a mix of sounds he’s not sure where they come from, before looking down into the glass in his hand. “It felt like she tried to take my soul. Said that if I couldn’t let go of the dead I was as good as the dead and I shouldn’t be here.” He rolls his eyes, muscle feathering in his jaw.

All of his attention, however, aligns back on Ronin with Safrin – what had occurred and where to go from here. He watches the shrug of shoulders, head tilting somewhat avianlike as a small pulse of anxiety sent wide, not particularly keeping them under wraps unless he knew attuneds were around. “I’ll watch your back if you watch mine?” A small ghost of a smirk crossing his face to that before sighing. “I’ve asked to be something for her, why I got the daggers in the first place. Not sure I can really back out now. But I have your back, Ronin.” A brow raises thoughtfully. “Here whenever you need me.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin wrinkled his nose at that - he recalled the look of Mort's daughter when she had been trying to wrench the soul from the ghost whale, and it wasn't something he remembered with all that much fondness. "Sounds like she's made herself the judge, jury and executioner for those who are grieving," he muttered. "The irony that all of this was so you could remember the dead through Maea. I guess it's got to be the right kind of dead that you can't let go." Shaking his head, he took another generous gulp of whiskey.

He raises his glass in a toast of agreement, though, that he would watch Sunjata's back, a smile finding its way on his face. "You agreed to be something for her?" He chuckled. "I feel like you will regret not ironing out those terms. It's how I ended up a luxere." Because it had been a weird few days, okay?

"I appreciate it, Jata. And if you ever need help, even if it's to fulfil some deal you have made with Safrin, you can call on me. I'll do whatever I can." He finished his drink.
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
His lip curls at Ronin’s explanation, a huff of a sigh leaving him in a puff accented with smoke and whiskey. “Funny, considering that was supposed to be my title had I remained in Korofi.” A roll of his eyes, but it’s true nonetheless. A shit situation all around at the end of the day. “They were friends. I guess she vented about me while we were on our break. So of course I’m the villain.” Raising the glass to his lips again, he sips deeply and sits across from Ronin.

The mention of Ronin being a Luxere sparks an avian tilt of his head. And in an attempt to reach out with the attuned bond to see if perhaps the hunter might hear him. Part attuned perhaps then? A silent crossing, seeing if it’s possible, before he sighs. He lifts one of the daggers between them and presses the point of it into the table, spinning it in a circle idly while he thinks on it. “I think I agreed to be her dagger. Like how Amalia is her Shield and you her Star.” A shake of his head in some amusement.

My quest requires using this dagger to get the blood of every race. The other? Used for justice. Though my idea of justice and most of Caido remains quite different.” A serious and exhausted gaze lifts to Ronin with that information.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"What, judge, jury and executioner?" Ronin wrinkled his nose. "This suits you much better, if I do say so myself. And whatever - we're all heroes and villains to certain people, Jata. If my time in Caido has taught me anything, it's that." He was a perfect case in question, after all. His fingers danced along the side of his empty glass, enjoying the deep and burning warmth that had begun to settle in him from the alcohol, and both wanting another drink and not. He glanced up at the echo of a voice in his mind, a lopsided smile on his face.

I suppose you'd call it that, yes. I'm still not used to speaking this way. He shrugged his shoulders, rubbing at his forehead with his free hand.

"Safrin's weapon, huh? Can't say I envy you," he muttered, hearing out the nature of Jata's quest and snorting. "Need a half-god's blood? I got enough, if you need it. Justice, though..." Ronin met the other man's gaze and shrugged. "It's a dagger. I think it is quite clear what justice may be needed."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Yep.” He replies easily, rolling his shoulders. “Trained in enforcement and law writing.” A somewhat crooked smirk crosses his face though there’s no mirth to it. Still, he hears what Ronin mentions about this suiting him better, unsure of what this actually is, but it’s somewhat relieving in a sense. “Seems I’m more villain as of late for the majority.” He lifts the glass to his lips again, pretending that part of it didn’t bother him, when in reality it still nagged somewhat.

The attuned speaking, however, has a raise of Sunjata’s brow and a flickering of amusement drifting toward Ronin with a wider, more vibrant grin. That would make speaking far easier while Seren was around – especially for more intense conversations.

As Safrin’s weapon, however, Sunjata chuckles darkly. “Mm, well, let’s say Delphia didn’t quite like my response to her bullshit.” A shrug to that. “I already got my demigod blood before she sent me away to fulfill her ritual. Thanks though.” A hollow laugh. As for justice? “Justice on the other hand can be quite subjective. So let’s hope she appreciates my own version of it.” A bit of indifference toward that. Either it would work or it wouldn't.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3