God Quest like you know what it means
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Love mends even the broken parts
Loren found himself picking his way through the Greatwood gingerly. There was a jar of honey in one hand and an apple in the other. Though he wouldn't say he was at his best, he was doing better than he had in a long time.

There was a shrine by the Crimson Cataract that he'd heard of in passing, one dedicated to Frey and Rae. It didn't take that long to find it, and he smiled faintly as he saw the statue, the way it shifted as he moved. For a while, he simply watched it.

Then he knelt. Laying his offerings at the foot of the shrine, he bowed his head slightly. "Frey, I have done as you asked." His lips twitched with a bit of wry amusement. "Hopefully properly this time."

Clearing his throat, he glanced up at the statue. "I'm sorry it took so long. And that I was so pigheaded about it." Once again, he bowed his head.

A secret deep and dark must be revealed to someone who might hate you for it. A proper secret now, don't you go twisting words to try and get out of it.
at death's door: Told Weaver that he used to torture children

Bring me something fake, thought to be real
creeping and crawling like the sea over sand (open): Told Kalynd a white lie about the name of the creatures Loren was compelling (white lie)

Something real, thought to be fake
{Training} somethings never die Oliver didn’t believe that Loren had a threesome with Sunjata and Lusea (believed lie, was actually true)
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"You know there's a shrine in that wintery hellhole you call home." Frey observed, appearing in the water. Flat on their back with their arms out from their sides, they bobbed on the surface with ease as if their body was filled with nothing but air. "You didn't have to come all the way out here pumpkin. Unless of course you wanted some privacy." They added a touch salaciously, grinning up at the cloudless sky.

Letting their fingers drift through the water, Frey pulled in a breath that made their ribcage expand luxuriously. " Go on then Loren. Let's hear what you've done to fulfill my requests this time around."
Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
As always, Frey's appearance took Loren's breath away. This time, while they looked more than a bit like Abasi still, there were flickers of other's in there. Perhaps the curve of a breast occasionally, or some red hairs sprinkled among the darker ones.

Taking a deep breath even as the god did, he let it out with a bit of a shudder and maybe the slightest hint of a groan. "I know. Maybe I wanted privacy." He grinned at them. "Or maybe I wanted to get out of Halo before I'm stuck there for a season." As he spoke, his eyes roamed over the god's body, clearly appreciating the sight.

Nodding, he shifted into a cross-legged position. "I told Weaver that I used to torture children when I was younger, which is a dark secret of mine. I made up a name for some weasels, which Kalynd believed was a real name. And Oliver thought I was lying when I told him I had a threesome with Sunjata and Lusea." His voice came out confidently, though he couldn't help but raise his eyebrows at them.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"You say that like it isn't in your best interest to stay put. Then again, the rule is yours, not ours." Frey splashed their feet in the water, spinning them around slightly in the pool. "You humans love to make rules for yourselves, and then whine about the restrictions." It wasn't judgmentally said, more just a light observation.

'Torture hmmm? How deliciously dark. How'd she take it?" Frey's kaleidoscopic body continued to ooze sexuality, despite the motley arrangement of parts that Loren's subconscious projected. However at the mention of the latter two, Frey frowned. "So you made up a name for no reason...and you told a boy with the sexual experience of a toothpick a story about a threesome with a man and woman far, far out of your league...and think it novel he didn't believe you." Sitting up in the water as if it were suddenly solid, Frey tilted their head at Loren looking borderline disappointed.

"Loren, you try too hard. Even when you try at not trying, it's evident that's what you're doing. What you've brought today is...satisfactory, but hear this: it, and you, are boring like this. Whoever it was you once were, you've lost him and with it, my interest."

A gorgeous tweed cap appeared in Frey's hand, and they threw this towards the Launceleyn. "There you go. An uninspired item for an uninspired series of actions."

Mind Cap | Blocks basic mental-magic. For upgraded, blocks them if Loren's END is +5 higher than the END of the caster, and +10 for mastered magic.
Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Shrugging, Loren spread his hand in a 'what can you do gesture.' "I'll be doing my best to make the most of the season." Indeed, as he understood it, Halovians did plenty to keep warm during the long Deepfrost cooped up it the Citadel. And he didn't mind that thought in the slightest.

Licking his lips, he had to force his gaze back to meet Frey's eyes. Their incredibly sexy eyes, which he found himself drowning in for a moment. "She was disappointed in me, but willing to look past my past." Swallowing a bit, finding himself growing hard, he nodded. "Yes I did."

As they announced their judgment of him, and tossed him the cap, he caught it. Placing it on his head almost defiantly, he shrugged. "Alright, I'm a try hard. So what?" Shaking his head slightly, he found himself actually grinning a bit. "I'm pretty sure you didn't like me when I was whining and sniveling either. And I didn't like me either. So I might as well act in a way that makes me happy."
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
'Always an answer for everything hmm?' Frey said lazily, their fingers making ripples in the water. "Tell me Loren, with as happy as you are now...now what?" Oh, the Launceleyn's sexcapades hadn't gone unnoticed, but the deity didn't think that was precisely what had made the man happier, if indeed he could be said to be so.

"What is it Loren Launceleyn aspires towards?"
Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Shrugging, Loren let out a huff of laughter. "Hardly. Just a lot of misplaced self-confidence." Tone wry, he found himself leaning towards Frey, body wanting to get close to them as his mind grew more clouded with lust.

Indeed, he licked his lips again, not bothering to hide his attraction or his arousal. "Now? I just continue living my life in a way that makes me happy, hopefully without hurting people. But if I do, I'm done beating myself up about it." He was firm about

However, their next question actually surprised them. Brow furrowing a bit, he glanced aside. "Honestly?" His voice came out quietly, and not just because it was all he could do to remain seated where he was and not jump in the water with them. He just hadn't given it much thought lately.

Which is why it took him a while to respond. "I want to be a good steward to the people of Halo. I want to start a family one day. I want to be judged on the merits of what I do, not what I've done or who I am." The words were soft.

Strangely enough, he found himself smiling. "But right now, I am content with what I have." Looking back at them, his smile turned into an actual grin as his eyes wandered over their body, not that he needed to be clear about what he desired right now.

Then he laughed again, more fully this time. "I mean, it'd be nice to have a shift that's a little more useful in a fight." Finally, he shifted dipping his feet in the pool, uncaring about the lichen or getting his clothes wet.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
"Misplaced, and yet oh so common." Frey returned, finding Loren's repetitive snark boring, if only because he continued to prove their point: always something to say.

A good steward, a family, to be judged in the moment. Loren could likely handle the first on his own. Oh, he was bothersome to be sure, but few could doubt what he could achieve when he put his mind to it. And the latter? That too would come in time. Humans had short attention spans after all. So long as the things he did in the moment were of a different sort than those he'd done in the past, he'd move past it all.

But a family? "Well I'll let you know this, blue-eyes, for once being a Launceleyn hasn't affected you in the way it might have." They said with an intentionally vague smile.

Watching Loren enter the pool, Frey narrowed their kaleidoscope eyes at his words. "Or you could simply stop finding yourself in so many fights" They pointed out dryly. "Or be more clever with what you do have." They raised a quite suggestively arched brow at this.
Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren nodded in acknowledgement of Frey's words. However, he raised his eyebrows at their next comment. "I have no idea what you're talking about." He was legitimately confused for a moment before comprehension dawned. "You mean because my experiences with my relatives hasn't turned me off of wanting a family?"

Shrugging, he reached down to start taking off his boots. "I like fighting, sometimes." He wasn't ashamed of that part of himself anymore, the way he occasionally craved violence and cutting loose. Next up was his shirt, revealing a body that had come a long way from the too thin and malnourished stick that he'd been once upon a time.

"If I've got it, flaunt it?" Winking, tone slightly teasing, he finally stripped off his pants, leaving him just in his underwear. Then he waded out into the pool. Flipping onto his back, he floated as well. Obviously it wasn't quite as easy for him as it was for them, but he'd gotten some practice at it at least.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
"No, no, nothing so emotional as that." Frey replied with a wave of their hand. "Perhaps you ought to...speak with your cousin. Perhaps even suggest she go for a bit of a check-up, mm?" On this subject Frey would say no more, the shrug of their shoulders indicating as much.

"So then fight because you like it. What's usefulness got to do with anything?" Frey wondered with a small smirk, licking their lips as if the heat of the day had dried them out. Perfectly constructed as they were and more than moist, this certainly wasn't' the case.
Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Again, Loren's brow furrowed with confusion. "You want me to tell Zariah to get a check-up?" His distaste and dislike of her was evident in the reluctance in his voice. However, he sighed, and nodded. "Alright?" Although he'd do it, he wasn't going to be happy about it. His mind chewed over why Zariah would need a check-up and what that had to do with him wanting a family, and none of the implications were good.

However, he pushed it out of his mind, choosing to flip over and swim closer to Frey instead. "Nothing, I suppose." Once he was close enough to touch them, he switched to treading water. "I just said it would be nice to have." However, as his eyes roamed over them, he found his thoughts pulled towards something that was quite the opposite of fighting.

Not that he minded when things got rough in other ways.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
"You do what you want, Loren. Isn't that how you're conducting your life now?" Frey replied, a touch blandly. Not everything was some divine order, and by no means was the herald at all hung up on the outcome.

As Loren neared, his tongue constantly flicking over his lips, eyes roaming all over, he seemed to Frey like a dog salivating for a bone. His passions were largely unbridled, his intentions obvious. But as with his want for a new shift, not everything would just be given to him simply because it would be nice to have. He had three shifts and two hands after all. That should be enough to get him through for a while.

With a lusty smirk, the deity reached out. Though just before their hand might have found the curve of Loren's jaw, they disappeared.

~FIN
Coding base by Sky!