Halloween Event 2020 - Luciana/Nate

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
broken promises and broken arches, phaetons and false hangings
Two souls awaken in strange vessels, in the dark as they had been when the dream began. The room they arise in is simple, no wider than two men laid across the floor and a ceiling just high enough to allow its occupants to stand. On the right wall rests a mirror, as if placed there only to inform the prisoners of their predicament, their new forms, and mock them for it.

On the left wall, glinting in the dull candlelight that keeps the place dim, are a rack of knives. Some of them are dull, but many of them display clearly pinpoint-sharp edges. It seems this room was not a butcher’s laboratory, though, as a rough sleeping sack filled with hay rests in the back corner, a thick blanket tossed over it.

By the locked stone door, there is a carving. It depicts an old man, eyes wide, staring at a stone block positioned before him. This block is carved with ancient writings.

Nate, you awaken in the body of Sunjata, and Luciana, you awaken in the body of Melita! You now possess all their abilities and stats; be sure to look at their profile to see what you have! However, your character still has their own mind and thoughts.

===

For this to work, you need to reply quickly! Within 24 hours, please! If you miss your post, it will move on without you! You can post as many times as you like within the 24 hour time limit, so feel free for your characters to have long conversations, etc; keep in mind there will be no NPC replies during nighttime GMT, because Lam is sleeping, so if your characters attempt to do something large (eg come up with a solution to a puzzle, knock down a wall, punch something), please wait for a post from the NPC account.

First task: Wake up, discover your new body, your partner and the room around you.
Halloween Event
Base Code by Sky!
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Age: 48 | Height: 5'4'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Luciana
cause it makes me that much stronger
makes me work a little bit harder
When Luciana stirred, she groaned. Her hair was always a mess when she woke, and she reached up to push it out of her face.

At which point she froze. Her skin was far too pale. Opening her mouth, shocked and horrified, she pulled at a strand of hair. It was as curly and thick as usual, but a bright, vibrant red, nothing like her usual dark hue. Gasping, she patted herself, noting all the changes.

Whirling around, she stared into the mirror. Reaching up with one hand, she patted at the unknown features. She found a wail rising up from the back of her throat before she forced herself to cut it off.

Starting when she noticed the unknown man she spun to face him. Her hands came up in a defensive position and she backed away until she bumped into a wall. "What the fuck is going on? Why did you bring me here?" Her eyes flicked towards the carving of the man, before panning towards the rest of the room, seeing the hale bales and the sleeping area, along with the knives. She reached for one of the sharp blades, feeling safer armed.
it makes me that much wiser
so thanks for making me a fighter
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
maybe you don't understand what i'm going through
The first hint that something is wrong is the fact that Nate wakes up. Actually wakes up, sleep still trying to cling stubbornly to him, now that he’s finally back in its clutches. But it’s so unnatural that Nate fights it, forcing himself to his feet before his eyes have even really opened, his body groaning in protest. That’s the second hint.

The final one comes when he looks down at himself, hands putting down his chest to check for anything physically wrong, and it actually takes him a second to realize the familiar scars and ink he’s seeing aren’t familiar because they’re his. Breath catches in his throat, Nate nearly choking on it as a shrill wail sounds up beside him, drawing his eyes. ”Mel?”

But there was something wrong with his niece as well, and it takes only a moment to put two and two together and realize this isn’t his niece. Nate takes advantage of the distance between them to throw a glance towards the mirror, a hand rising to feel at his (Sunjata’s) face, the other feeling over his chest, feeling the almost uncomfortable thump of a heart, the stretch of lungs.

”This is... all kinds of fucked up.” Steel eyes rise once again to Not Melita, fangs growing in his mouth so something feels familiar. ”I didn’t do this, okay?” He heaves a sigh as he looks around, taking in the rough bed, the knives, the door. ”Maybe if we get it of here we can work this out.”
it's only me, what you got to lose?
Nate?
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Age: 48 | Height: 5'4'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Luciana
Luciana narrowed her eyes at the strange man who called her by an unfamiliar name. "No. Who's Mel?" Keeping the knife in her hand, she lowered it to her side since the man didn't seem violent.

Nodding at his assertion, she glanced around the room they found themselves in. "Where's here?" Heading towards the door, she reached for the handle and yanked on it. Locked. Scowling, she turned and headed towards the sleeping area in the corner. Ripping off the blanket, she crouched down to grip the sack. She pulled it out of the way, hoping it hid a tunnel or something that they could use to escape this cell.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
”Mel’s who you aren’t.” If there’s something of a snap to Nate’s voice, blame it on the unfamiliar feeling of being wholly alive again. Still his hand is pressed to his chest, feeling the beat, the occasional stumble brought on by more of a shock than anyone is supposed to be able to stand up to. ”Shes my niece.” Steel eyes dart down, taking himself in again. ”Our niece, I guess.”

Another thought occurs to him, the hand not feeling for every heart heart rifling through pockets until he pulls out a smoke, lighting it up as he follows his companions lead and looks over the room, taking in the carving of the man, glancing between it and the door a few times. ”So,” Theres no harm in making conversation while they try and work this out, is there? ”Who are you, if not who you look like?”
Nate?
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Change author:
Luciana
Raising her eyebrows at the strange man's words, Luciana gave him a once over. Then she looked at herself in the mirror. "You must have a much older sibling" There couldn't be more than a decade's difference between the two bodies, if that. "And what do you mean, 'our' niece?"

When her search of the bedding (presumably) turned up nothing, she groaned. Glaring at the man when he pulled out a cigarette, she sniffed. "Luciana. You?" Moving on, she inspected the mirror, fingers tracing around the edge. Then she would try to tug and pull it off the wall, or at least see if there was anything behind it that might reveal what the fuck was going on.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Behind both the blanket and the mirror, Luciana will find nothing but dust.

When looking at the sculpture, Nate will see that the writing on the block before the man reads as follows: 'Show me only blood'.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
”Something like that.” Nate concedes, his grin wrapping around the smoke between his lips. If this is a dream, a trick of some kind, it’s one he wants to linger in for a moment longer, revelling in sensations thought lost. ”I mean I married her uncle, and that’s who’s body I’m in now.” Really, the fact that he was in Sunjata’s body made this all seem intentional, in some strange way. A theory that might hold more water if there wasn’t a stranger in Mel.

The statue is interesting, to say the least, but more interesting is the block in front of it. ”Nate. It’s a pleasure, Luciana.” While he talks, Nate wanders towards the rack of knives, grabbing a small but sharp one, then steps back over to the statue, glancing at the block before it before lifting the blade to his palm and slicing a line across it.

A sharp hiss leaves him, the pain somehow more maddening for all the time he’s spent without it. Scales begin to spread down along his shoulders, a set of horns spiralling from his head as his body tried to defend itself, tries to reconcile the relatively minor injury with the way his mind recoils from it. Nate takes a moment to wince, to swallow back the curses that want to fall from his lips, then smears his bloodied hand over the statues face, trying to focus on its eyes.
Nate?

Change author:
While it's all very nice and dramatic, Nate's (Sunjata's?) blood on the statues eyes does nothing. The blood drips down, staining the stone, but making no discernible difference to the door or statue itself.
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Change author:
Luciana
Nodding at Nate's response about their ages and his explanation about his relationship to the woman whose body Luciana bore (or was it the other way around?) she groaned as her explorations yielded no results. She glanced over at the stranger when he spoke. "Wish I could say the same but this is too fucking creepy." Shaking her head, she turned to inspect the statue and the writing by it.

However, the man was moving and she watched him as he retrieved a knife. Frowning, she winced as he cut his palm and smeared it over the statue. Her statue deepened when she saw the scales and the horns. Hesitating for just a moment, she rolled her eyes and ripped a piece off her sleeve.

"Men," she muttered under her breath, holding out the makeshift bandage. More audibly, she asked, "What were you hoping to accomplish?" She could read the inscription, but wasn't going to cut her own hand just to see what happened.

Instead she went to the straw. Grabbing a handful, she broke and twisted it until it spelled out blood on the block the statue of the man was staring at.

Change author:
While Luciana's idea is very creative, it does nothing either! Maybe some more lateral thinking is required...?
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Despite it being under her breath, Nate’s hears Luciana mutter clear as day, earrings that he’d never thought about making her words easily audible. Steel eyes narrow at her, a huff of smoke leaving his nose when he finally snatch it, wrapping his hand up in a quick, well practiced motion. ”I was showing it only blood.” Theres no small amount of nonchalance in his voice, the words all but bordering on overconfident, a line he would have gone screaming over if not for the fact that he’d failed.

Then, it was Nate’s turn to watch the others attempted solution, his head tipping to the side as she fiddled with the way. He didn’t voice a single thought though, just silently puffed on his smoke while she worked, gears in his head turning slowly. They’re close, they have to be.

An idea slowly begins to bob to the surface of his mind, his gaze shifting from the block to the statue, then back again. Without saying a word, he steps towards the ripped apart shape of the straw bed, forgoing the makeshift mattress in favour of the blankets themselves. Though there’s no indication anyone has used this room in quite some time, Nate mumbles a short apology, then begins to tear the blanket, fingers shifting into claws to make the tears a little neater.

Hilariously, the only thought in his mind as he moves back to the block is if this works I’m going to be so pissed. Pain still radiates through his hand, and it can’t have been for naught. Nate drapes the cloth in his hands over the stone plinth, cover up the inscription. Then, with his hand still shifted into claws, he tears away the bit covering the word ‘blood’, leaving it on display.
Nate?

Change author:
Once Nate covers up the inscription, leaving the word blood, there is a pause - then a distinct 'click' as the door unlocks.

Congratulations! This is not the end of the event, but you are out of your captivity. Stand by for a thread when others have escaped their rooms. Feel free to chat. When out of the door, they will find a large stone corridor.
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Change author:
Luciana
As Nate took the cloth, Luciana snorted at his explanation. Shaking her head a bit at his rather literal interpretation of the riddle, she watched without comment as he draped the blanket over the plinth, then ripped a strip off to expose just the word blood.

At which point the door unlocked and opened. Immediately, she moved to peer into the corridor beyond, looking both ways. "Smart idea. How's your hand." Nothing jumped out at her as suspicious or dangerous, so she eased her way out of the room they'd been imprisoned in, pressing herself against the wall by the now open door, gripping her staff in both hands.