farther than I've ever been
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
Ronin marches through the snow, bundled up against the cold with a large package in his arms. Through the blooms that flower even in Deepfrost, he ducks into the shrine and smiles as he places the parcel before the altar. When he pulls the strings to open it, a beautiful cloak is revealed, carefully furlined and embroidered with constellations. "Even goddesses deserve to keep warm in the colder seasons," he remarks, straightening up and stepping back that he might take a knee.

It's something Safrin has says he does not need to do, but it's something that Ronin has made into a habit. And he can't help but smile, as he looks upon the statues. "I hope you had quite the laugh at me, trying to get a handle on these emotions. But it's done, for what it's worth."

Ronin has come to turn in his god quest from the streets are paved with starlight! He has plucked the petals from all the flowers given to him by Safrin.

little white lies - White (Deception)
butterfly's repose {open!} - Black (Chaos)
orange is a hungry colour - Orange (Gluttony)
even as i wander - Red (Rage)
fever pitch - Violet (Passion)
now don’t you lose hope
I swear I never dream that we’re alone
I swear I still believe but I don’t know

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sweet dreams till sunbeams find you, sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
'And you thought a cloak the best way to do that?" The salaciousness of Safrin's tone borders on one most likely heard in Frey's presence, however the goddess's sparkling laughter removes any doubt of who it is. "Oh I did indeed." She agrees, appearing in a sweep of starlight from the window. Her fingers dance along Ronin's shoulder and up into his hair as she lithely moves past him to sit upon the stone stairs and next to the cloak.

Tugging it into her lap, she presses it against her face and inhales deeply. "Now...the point of this little exercise was so that you'd get a better handle on your passions, and I just happened to notice, that with some of the petals...you seemed...not as schooled in stopping yourself."
but in your dreams whatever they be, dream a little dream of me
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
"I thought a cloak would be the most practical way to do that," Ronin says softly, a shiver running through him at the goddess's touch across his shoulders and through his hair. He leans into it entirely instinctively, and though he remains on one knee, his projection rises to move and sit at her feet - to keep her warm, should that be her request. His blue eyes grow mischievous as she continues, and he shrugs his shoulders.

"I reached a point at which I knew I could stop, if I wanted to. And... I didn't want to," he explains, though he feels as though he's heard this tone before. Not directed at himself, but in those who have not performed their duties to Safrin as they ought to have. With a sigh, he gazes back at the snow. "Would you like me to try again with new flowers?"
now don’t you lose hope

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
sweet dreams till sunbeams find you, sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
'Ahh yes. Ronin Taliesin. Ever the practical man." Safrin coos playfully, her dark eyes flitting between the man and his projection with a saccharine smile.

Now, it was true Ronin hadn't fulfilled his obligations to her, and normally that was Not A Good Thing. However in the Star's case, one of his failings had included sexual release at the hands of another (or lips of another, as the case was); a turn of events that more than pleased Safrin. Her dislike of Ronin's husband was perhaps not completely obvious, but should his efforts in completing his quest hurt his marriage? Well, what of it?

"Sugar, it would hardly be fair to fill your hands full of petals, knowing that certain pleasures will always catch your attention, mmmm?" In her palm is suddenly a violet petal, nearly the same tone as the dress she wears. "Sometimes it's good to simply give in. Sometimes it's what we need."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
Ronin doesn't have anything to say to that. He had been a practical man. At least before a Spire Demon had ripped him to shreds. Before a goddess had loved him enough to place him in the stars with Vanya. Where they stand now is a thousand years from there, and so as Safrin continues, as she produces a violet petal - one he recognises, he's sure of it - he glances up at her, a muscle feathering at his jaw.

"Yes," he agrees. "Sometimes it is what we need. What is that for?" His eyes are pinned on the petal, and through the Celestine he feels, quite suddenly, the yawning sensation of danger. To tread carefully is something he knows how to do well. But to tread carefully around Safrin? Not so much.
now don’t you lose hope

Change author:
'Why, for you of course.' She says, stretching out her palm toward his projection while her eyes remain locked on the real Ronin.

He knew exactly what the petal would do. The real question was: what would Ronin do? Would he give into his passions with his goddess? And so what if he did? This time he'd not be able to claim ignorance, accepting the mechanism of his desire willingly as he would be. But surely such things were welcome in the Star's marriage...unless it wasn't up to this particular test.

Or would Ronin be able to force his projection back into himself in a way he hadn't done with Gideon? Would that make Safrin proud, or insulted?
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
THE DARK STAR
Ronin watches the petal. He watches Safrin, beautiful and celestial as the heavens above, capable of so much wonder and so much treachery in the scope of a single breath. His heart flutters in his chest, and perhaps unexpectedly, his feels himself blinking back tears. Clearing his throat, he forces the projection away. He rises to his feet and brushes himself off. "That is very cruel of you," he murmurs, his voice low.

"I am trying to rebuild all that was damaged between us. I am trying to make amends for the things I have done, for the times I have scorned you. I want to be your advocate... but I won't hurt myself any more, to please you. I'm sorry."

Ronin rubs at the back of his neck, feeling a sudden, impossible weight on his shoulders. "You are my goddess and I love you, Safrin. But if this is the price for what I asked you for, I can't pay it. I won't waste any more of your time."
now don’t you lose hope

Change author:
For a long while, Safrin says nothing. She regards Ronin with narrowed eyes, her fingers clenched upon the cloak he's brought to her. In an instant she could tear it to shreds. Tear him to shreds, as well. A multitude of thoughts flash through her mind, and though there are wiser choices certainly, she is Safrin, and never once has she proclaimed to be anything other than vindictive, covetous, and vain.

'I thought you far more clever than this.' She hisses as the room suddenly grows cold. The petal turns black in her palm, before being reduced to ash that falls like dark matter from her fingertips. Ronin had once played her game strategically and well. He met her vanity in stride, sidestepping her advances with ease.

But saying no? Outright?

No sweet Star. That was against the rules.

In a wind as bitter as she, Safrin disappears.

And do every last one of Ronin's abilities.

~FIN

Ronin is still a demigod, but all of his abilities are gone until such time as Saffy stops being a haughty bitch.