God Quest i've always wanted all or nothing
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
maybe that's enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity
perhaps wisdom is realizing how small I am, and unwise
Steady and sure, Aurelia's feet carry her up the hillsides, tall grass swishing softly around her as she goes. The stars are clearly visible from here, sweeping across the night sky with no obstruction from firelight or trees. Her hair, free and tangled, blows in the wind. Dark strands cross over her face, but she pays them no mind. Her heart feels lighter at the prospect of speaking to Safrin, feeling tentatively confident in what she's accomplished.

In the process of completing the tasks she was given, she's proven some things to herself. For one, rather importantly, that she is capable of showing people mercy even when she's so angered she would rather not, even though her past self wouldn't have without a second thought. She could have chosen to kill someone for this, but she turned away from that path because there was no dire need for it. In that, there is a lesson learned. There's always another way.

For another, she also learned somewhere along the way, that... it's not for her to decide what she deserves. She has to give herself a chance before anyone else can. With this in mind, Aurelia is far less nervous, far less sad, and far less pessimistic this time around.

Upon reaching the stone altar, she kneels down, her lengthy cloak billowing down to the ground around her. The leather bag in her hands is opened to reveal a harvest of ripe cherries and strawberries, gathered in King's End that same day. They've been picked and cleaned with care.

"Safrin, these are for you. I... really... hope you like these," she laughs a little, looking upward at the smooth stone and past it to the night sky above. She straightens up to take a step back from her offering, to truly offer it. She stands with a feeling of excited hope fluttering in her chest, which is new and beautifully strange to her.

"And I hope that you're here tonight," she murmurs up at the stars, expression softening as she tries to let her next words come naturally, openly. She lowers her chin to let her gaze wander over the shrine. "I'm grateful for the chance you've given me... It feels like I've grown, gotten to know who I really am... or at least, who I want to be. There's hope in the world, in this world, and I've found it through your guidance. It's because of you that I'm able to even begin to feel this way and, for that, I hope that I haven't disappointed you." If so, then she is more than ready to turn right around and fix her mistakes. She's determined to get this right. Gods forbid that she messes it all up somehow already.

Aurelia is ready to turn in her quest given to her in like fire burn through

{SE} top of the world - heroic deed, saved Jack after he fell from a cliff
{Training} but hold your balance - training #1, protected a bag of doughnuts from Milo (don't mind the extra 6 pages of.. stuff LOL)
{Training} dance in the ashes - training #2, protected a box of merchandise from thieves (with Melita's assistance)

I'd like to try and turn in my hybrid pass for her, too, if you'd be so kind<3
and how far I have yet to go

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
safrin
Fruit. An interesting choice.

The stars above pulse brightly for a moment as darkness swirls around the shrine. It is not one which is well taken care of, but then, why would it be? Very rarely is Safrin called to this place, especially since the people who once lived in these fertile lands have since moved on. Appearing in a warm starburst of light and magenta breezes, the goddess regards Aurelia and her offerings. "My, my. You waste little time." She notes with an approving smile. "Even when you do find yourself so far from home." Indeed the Ark seems to escape just on the cusp of monsoon season each year. How lucky for her then that the storms have been lifted so that she needn't listlessly sail about.

'Tell me Aurelia, are you particularly fond of jewlery? Or is that a...liability, in your line of work?"
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
maybe that's enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity
The wind changes and the stars seem almost to vibrate. Safrin's arrival is tangible in the air before the goddess even appears, and Aurelia lifts her gaze to regard her with relief and excitement. "Safrin!" The name is blurted out before she can stop herself.

The approval that's clear in Safrin's words tugs at her, a humbled {and embarrassed} smile finding its way into her expression. "I wouldn't want to keep you waiting," she makes sure to speak with a meeker tone this time, but it's genuine. She's always been a dedicated person - not always to the right things. Perhaps that can start to change now.

Her head quirks to one side, caught off-guard by the questions. For a moment, she deliberates over an answer. "I've always liked it on other people but, I never felt like I could pull it off... Nice things like that, they don't feel like they're meant for me," she presses her lips together into a small frown with the admittance. Her brows lift curiously and she dares to return the question. "Are you very fond of it?"

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
safrin
'That doesn't sound like the girl who came to see me before, with fire in her eyes, wanting to take the world by storm.' Safrin notes with a brow slightly raised. 'What makes you think that a bit of metal and stone wrapped around your neck, or a wrist, have to be meant for you?' Head inclined to the side the herald's eyes narrow ever so slightly as she regards Aurelia.

"I do, yes. Though I am quite particular in what I choose to wear." She admits with a silvery laugh. Always would she accept gifts of jewelry from those who prayed to her. The pieces which were thoughtful, but not her taste, ended up adorning star clusters high up in various galaxies.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia is a bit startled by the way Safrin counters her statement, but she does have a point. It is just jewelry, after all. She nods at Safrin's answer, brows furrowing thoughtfully. "I should've brought you that instead," she frowns down at her offering. "Sorry."

Feeling a desire to explain, and maybe vent a little, she lifts her gaze back up to the goddess. "Where I'm from, society was divided by the higher class and the lower class. I'm.. not from the higher class," in case that wasn't clear, "The things I saw people wear; the expensive clothes, jewelry, even their shoes... I just couldn't see myself in things like that. It would've felt wrong, since a lot of it was worth enough to feed my family for.. weeks or even months." Dazzling jewelry would never suit a poor girl from the slums, right? Certainly not after she worked in the mines and not even after she became a bounty hunter.

But... that didn't mean she couldn't dream, and maybe she could make those dreams more of a reality here. It's with this in mind that she goes on, "There was something I saw once, when I was younger, that I really wanted. This woman.. she was a dancer - a really good dancer." She smiles at the memory, wishing she could dance with as much grace and dignity. "She had all sorts of jewelry on - but it was all gold, with green and red gems. I'd never seen anything like that. So maybe I'm a bit particular, too." She chuckles lightly.

"What kind of jewelry do you like?" Maybe next time, she could bring her an offering that she actually liked.

Change author:
safrin
'You needn't ever bring me anything." The goddess says with a small shake of her head. "It's only Frey who seems to get themselves into a twist about that sort of thing." Safrin might be vanity incarnate, but if you had to tell someone to lavish you with gifts, that defeated the purpose of it.

Listening, Safrin nods softly. It wasn't that Caido was all that different, but it didn't mean Aurelia needed to fit into old moulds. "Here, you can remake yourself into anything you want to be. If you choose not to wear jewelry, that is a decision I can stand by. But only if it something that you have decided; not something you've let others decide for you." Smiling at the memory the girl describes, the herald considers. Stretching out her fingers that she might place them on Aurelia's temples to see the memory for herself, her head inclines gently to the side. "May I?"
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Perhaps if she was going to be terrible at giving offerings then she ought not to try. 'Nothing' is better than 'disappointing', after all. Instead, for some reason, it only gives her determination to get it right. "You've been very generous with me, Safrin. You're deserving of more than I could give. But I'll still try, as long as that's okay," it's a gentle protest that feels more like a promise.

Safrin nods at the history she uncovers. Aurelia's brows draw upward and her lips purse. For a moment, the understanding of that simple gesture is all she needs, but of course Safrin has more than that to give. Relief billows through her nose in a long sigh; she feels understood, validated.

She's not yet made a decision when Safrin reaches her fingers towards her temple. At first, she searches Safrin's eyes questioningly. Then, she is so politely asked permission from a herald that it's humbling. "Yes, of course," she answers with a small nod.

The memory is one from Aurelia's childhood. The details are a bit foggy pertaining to the surroundings, though they seem dim and gray. But the dancer is very clear in her mind's eye; a light shining in the dark. The dance itself is enchanting, never seeming to end. Each swish of hips, turn of heel, twist of hands shapes a feeling of unbridled freedom. It looks beautifully effortless.

The dancer herself is elegant, with long hair, shining dark eyes, and an intricate tattoo that spans the length of a bared leg. She moves with a knowing smile. Her silky garments are draping, flowy, but its the assortment of jewelry that catches the eye. Gold chains, bangles, and rings shake with each of her motions. Their colorful stones sparkle as the light hits them just right.

Change author:
safrin
Smiling gently as she's given permission, Safrin's fingertips roam forward onto Aurelia's temples. Her touch is like morning wind over dew, and as her magic binds into the girl's mind, it will feel as though starlight and midnight-silence has descended into all of her thoughts. All is calm. All is bright.

'How lovely. I can see why you would remember her.' Beauty, grace, and athleticism are among Safrin's favourite things, so this is a well-met memory indeed. "Were you to wear one—a bangle around your wrist or a ring—which would you choose?"
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia is steeped into silence as this strangely beautiful feeling darkens her mind. It's not the bad kind of dark, though, as it usually is. It's gentle, like a dark and still night. Peaceful. She sighs into it, feeling herself relax far more than she thought capable in this moment. Her tongue slips away from the roof of her mouth as her jaw slacks and she closes her eyes to welcome Safrin's presence.

When she hears Safrin's voice, her eyes flutter open and she looks up at the goddess with glazed eyes. The ring instantly comes to mind, but then... that's almost too predictable. Too little of a change. No, Aurelia would rather make more of a statement, she thinks. "Rings are small. I would hardly notice it. So.. the bangle," she answers, "I think I'd like that one more. I'd always know that it's there." Something that she'd be able to feel dangle against her skin, whereas a ring would fade into her subconscious.

Change author:
safrin
'Then the bangle it shall be.' Safrin whispers, her voice a ripple in the back of Aurelia's mind that fills her with calm elation. 'And every time you feel it against your skin, you shall remember the elegance of this memory, but will instead see yourself in it. The weight of it against your ankle will not fill you with shame or doubt, but will remind you of all that you aspire to be." And, it went without saying, it would remind her of Safrin too.

A golden bangle, created from starlight made corporeal, appears on Aurelia's ankle. It is both the perfect size and weight; it will not bounce, but nor will it constrict. Impossible to dent or mark, the golden band is inlaid with stars that pulse faintly on the inside.

Aurelia has received:

Shield Bangle (Basic) | A magical bangle created by Safrin, that through telepathic command will become a shield in the user's hand. The shield cannot be dented or damaged.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
A broader smile brightens the edges of her face as Safrin describes the bangle and all of its own notions, all the blessings that will come with it. A memory, altered to remind her of what she strives to embody. Freedom, strength, power. It's a brief pulse through her, suddenly ending around and extending from her ankle.

Aurelia looks down at it with widened eyes, turning her heel to really see the entirety of its starlit surface. "Safrin- I don't know what to say," she laughs gently, relieved. "It's amazing and so thoughtful," her lips purse as she smiles back to the goddess, impressed by the gift just from the meaning behind it - let alone what else it offers. "I'll cherish it always."

But the air becomes thick with something else, a question left unspoken thus far, edging toward the tip of her tongue. "I don't want to step out of line," she starts off abruptly, expression tipping from relief to something more serious, "The quest you gave me - it opened my eyes and I realized I still have a lot to learn. But I want to be someone you can be proud of. I have all of this faith in you and I want you to trust in me, too. I want to show you that you can," she's trying very hard to choose the right words to convey the right meaning, and still she chews her lip because it doesn't quite feel like it's enough. "I want to work for that. I want to earn it properly. I've been thinking about that, about the things you said, and I decided this could be a step in that direction," she leans back on her heels and, after a slightly deeper breath, asks, "I want to be Attuned to you. Would you give me that blessing?"

Change author:
safrin
It always interests Safrin, the things those who wish to gain her favour choose to say. Do they offer flattery? Honesty? Lies? Promises? How easy it would be to simply slip back into Aurelia's thoughts and witness everything for herself. There would be no deception there, just naked truth. But oh, how the goddess did love to watch her followers and would-be followers do their best to win her approval.

So she lets the girl speak.

'It is indeed quite a blessing. Especially given what you are. Your soul is marked and corrupted by the same powers which have led us to the precipice of war...' Safrin muses, chin slightly tilted up, and though her voice borders on condescending, she is smiling just the same.

"But I see the spark of greatness in you, Aurelia. A wildness and cleverness that can outshine the damage done to your soul." Reaching forward to gently clasp the girl's cheeks in her hands, Safrin leans forward, regarding the smuggler with star-struck eyes. "If you promise yourself to me, I will do this for you."
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia's breath holds against her chest, toiling within the confines of her ribcage. She knows why Safrin speaks on her Abandonment in this way, she can't argue with it. If anything, she knows better than most just how corrupted her powers can be. She lost so much because this kind of power was let into the wrong hands, and she has no doubt that it will always find its way into those same hands.

She understands. This is her attempt to seek something better, something blessed rather than cursed. There's no undoing what's been done already, there is no erasing the marks on her soul, but there will always be room for something greater.

The fact that Safrin sees that within her provides a hope that blossoms like the wildest flower. She doesn't shy from the gentle hands that cup her face, meeting those starry eyes with her own that shimmer from the reflected light. The touch coaxes out her baited breath, a sigh that releases all of this inner turmoil - even if only for a brief time.

"Of course, Safrin. I promise everything to you. All of it, I am yours." If the world turned upside down, Aurelia could at least be certain of this.

Change author:
safrin
"Then mine you shall be."

Leaning forward, Safrin's lips press against the smuggler's, and Aurelia is filled with light.

Bursts of galactic energy burn and waver within her bones, striking out the darkness it can and coating the remainder in a starbright sheen. It was as Safrin had said: the girl was already damaged. But some wounds could be bandaged over such that what was beneath was hidden almost entirely from view. The question of whether or not the goddess's magic would be enough to keep the darkness below from festering or rotting was entirely up to Aurelia.

If she ever turned away, she would indeed find out the high cost of such betrayal.

~FIN

Aurelia has become a HYYBRIIIIDDDDD <3