God Quest goodbye road
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI

The alchemist feels empty and tired and barbed. Shadows stretch long through the Greatwood, beckoning Remi into them that they might steal him away. He almost lets them too; sinking into the darkness feels as selfish as it is well-deserved. Instead, Remi finds his way to Ludo's shrine, sinking down before it and leaning his back against the great tree it has been carved into.

"Beating Ronin at a game like tic-tac-toe has to be one of the most satisfying things I have ever done." The alchemist says as he reaches for a blade of grass. Fitting it between his two thumbs and drawing it taught, he chuckles under his breath. "Honestly, who loses in tic-tac-toe?" He mumbles, before catching himself and rolling his eyes. "Or NOuGhTs aNd CroSsEs as he calls it." Bringing his thumbs to his lips, Remi blows against the grass causing a high-pitched whistle.

Remoodle has complete his quest received here: how sweet the sound

- 1 thread making an offering to Safrin: two can play
- 1 thread making an offering to Frey i've seen this room, i've walked this floor
- 1 thread making an offering to Ludo (make it better than the others) passing afternoon
- 1 thread being hit by at least one ability from a demigod of Remi's choosing {SE} olly olly oxen free
honest feelings and bad timing
make the most painful combination.

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"Tic tac toe? I thought you called it X's and O's." Ludo sounds amused, the child with black fingers and toes and big dark eyes appearing cross-legged beside Remi. "How did you do that?" It reaches for the grass, placing it between its lips where it obviously does not make a high pitched whistle. After a few moments trying and failing, it gives up and instead looks up at the Lullaby with a bright smile.

"You did all the things that I asked, sweetling," it says softly, shuffling to its knees so it's somewhere near Remi's face. "Well done. A deal is a deal."

And so, reaching out, Ludo slaps Remi across the face. And with the echoing crack through the trees, something new and sinister and light blooms to life within the alchemist.

Remi has completed his quest and has received the following ability at Basic level!

Copycat | Remi can mimic the abilities from one fellow demigod (Old Gods only). In order to mimic the ability, Remi must have been damaged by it in a thread previously. Only one ability may be used per thread.
LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI

"Whatever it is called, I still won." Remi replies with a grin. Watching as Ludo tries to replicate the whistle, the alchemist shakes his head. With a sort of paternal patience that Mateo has now instilled intrinsically in him for moments such as this, Remi demonstrates just how the grass should be held and where. Raising it to his lips, he blows, offering a few triumphant blasts. Even with ice-chilled fingers, the herald should still be able to manage, he thinks.

With eyes innocent of what is about to come, as Remi is slapping across the face, his hackles rise as fur and feathers sprout from his curls. Though he remains seated and makes no attempt at retaliation, his heart hammers unhappy in his chest as things inside of him fight to claw their way out.

'I nearly killed someone for doing much less than that.' Remi says, though the warning tone of voice is not directed at Ludo, but more for Ludo, that it might have some understanding of just how frayed Remi's nerves have become as of late. "That he was an ascended...it made resisting all the more difficult."

Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

What a shame it is that they cannot merely make grass whistles together. Instead, Ludo remains as close as ever as the predators writhe and seethe beneath his chosen's skin, waiting patiently for the blow to land. And it doesn't - they both knew it wouldn't, and yet Ludo allows Remi the space to speak regardless. "Yet you did not try to kill me," it points out. "That means you either have some control over yourself, or you are content merely to prey on the weak rather than the strong." Neither remark contains judgement, and yet they both judge all the same.

Reaching out again, this time Ludo's blackened fingers settle with feather softness against the Lullaby's cheek. "And would it have been so bad, had you killed the Ascended?" it wonders, before releasing a sigh. "You are a weapon, more than the others," it says. "But not because of what you can do - because of the way that you are. It does not become you, to be a loose cannon."

LUDO

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

"If you are the strongest, everyone is weak by default." Remi points out, remembering well a time years and years ago now, that he had lashed out at Ludo. That was likely his one free shot, and for all his stupidity, even Remi wouldn't risk another attack on the herald. "Would you have me wait until my strength was equally matched?" Or to take the easy and near-certain victory, should he act now? He could kill Nate, this he knew. And Wessex? That his attacks seemed to rebound was a difficulty he could still overcome. The Queen wasn't much of a threat of her mind was locked in a dream. Or..whatever it was ascended did.

Stilling slightly as Ludo's fingers come to brush against his cheek, Remi peers into the dark eyes so near his own. "I am not sure." He replies evenly and honestly. What had stayed his hands? It wasn't mercy. It certainly wasn't fear. It was just the unknown; unable to see the ramifications of his actions, Remi had, for once, chosen the patient path. "Ronin thinks that it will be me who starts this war." Narrowing his eyes to try and understand, he shakes his head ever so slightly. "And what way is that? My tasks in the Greatwood are nearly complete. The Mathair will be returned shortly, and then..?" A loose canon is one without direction. And I have now used up all my instructions, he thinks.

Spooky Rags

Change author:

"True enough," Ludo says, the deity shrugging its shoulders and letting its fingers drop from Remi's cheek where a red mark is already starting to flare in the shape of its hand. "Oh sweetling, were it up to me you would already be swooping over the streets of the Hollowed Grounds, eradicating all those who do not have a pulse." For one with a voice so sweet, it could not sound more cold. "Alas, whilst I believe you to be ready, it is not a decision under my control."

Perhaps that is why its chosen feels so frantic, if the herald who feeds it feels the same way. And so, sinking back to sit once more, Ludo plucks more blades of grass. "And then, sweetling? I thought you would be aflutter with the chance to raise your son, to remain in one place and work on the things you so enjoy. Are you so thirsty for blood that you would complicate your life again?"

LUDO

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

It's that, rather than the slap, that causes the alchemist's cheeks to properly flare pink. "Then whose?" He wonders, breathing out the words before he can properly think or snap his teeth together to contain the thought. No, Remi wasn't naive enough to think that the war was simply something Ludo would begin at its behest, but out of its control entirely?

Watching Ludo pluck at the grass, Remi is torn between a paternal want to show it once more how to make a whistle, and wanting to remain tightly coiled around his unease. "Is that the chance I am being given?" He asks dryly, a brow raised as he watches the frost-blackened fingers work at the grass. "It is difficult to enjoy things knowing that while I do, an enemy I inevitably have to fight grows stronger." Itching at his forehead with enough force to leave white angry streaks in the wake of his nails, Remi lets his hand drop back into his lap with a sigh.

"Fires breaking out in Torchline. The ascended working to keep the Order from the Grounds. Defenses raised in the Greatwood for a war that just continues to loom." Remi's jaw works around words he doesn't say, and eventually he just falls silent.

Spooky Rags

Change author:

"I do not know. Vi's perhaps. Or maybe it is a joint decision. It is not one for heralds to make. Especially heralds that did precious little to prevent the barrier falling." Ludo's reminder is gentle, and it sighs as it gazes up at the Lullaby before it. "I believe I have ruined you," it says, off-handedly. "Perhaps you were not the right choice for this."

Raising the grass to its lips, Ludo makes a noise best described as pbbththtb, shrugs, and tosses it away again. "People do it all the time, though," it reasons. "Children are born and the elderly die, and someone, somewhere, is overjoyed to have been accepted as a blacksmith's apprentice. Time continues to move on, even if you are waiting for war. And you, sweetling, need to learn to wait."

LUDO

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Hear that Safrin; Remi might have said the words, if not for those which followed. It doesn't make Remi grow cold, or tear up, or bristle. Instead, he merely regards the herald with quiet and considerate eyes, before closing them and nodding once. "Too late now." He murmurs. Ruined. Wrong. Regretted. War was too close for either of them to start over now. They were stuck where they were, with each other. The knowledge that the alchemist had potentially failed before he'd even begun is something he wishes he could be surprised by, but instead accepts perhaps far too easily (perhaps proving Ludo's point all the more).

"People start wars all the time, too." Remi says reasonably. Herald's might not be the ones to choose when things started, but demigods? One's labeled as mistakes with short fuses and near-infinite strength? They might.

Spooky Rags

Change author:

Remi's response does, indeed, prove Ludo's point, but clearly the herald is not expecting such a blase attitude. "Nothing is ever too late, sweetling," it murmurs, the words sounding unfairly reasonable in the quiet twilight of the woods. Woods that, with a pulse of willpower, become something else entirely; a street blanketed in snow, engulfed in the darkness of Longnight, and a child running towards a man who had promised to leave his door unlocked.

"This is what you are meant for, sweetling," it reminds him, gently. "That is why I chose you. But things are different now, are they not? I think it is about time you locked your door, for a while." What that means, exactly, is not so easily wrapped into neat little metaphors. "You have been invited to a party, have you not? I suggest that you go."

LUDO

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Remi blinks, expecting many things, though none of them consisted of snow and darkness. The instructions offered are the opposite of what he expects as well; close the door? Remi swallows, his uncertainty and confusion clogging the back of his throat which is likely a blessing in disguise. Exhaling, Remi's back teeth click together as he imagines in his mind the turning of a bolt, fists pounding on a door, only for the world to grow steadily and deathly silent.

'I feel like a pendulum.' He says, closing his eyes against the darkness and the chill. Too kind which made him weak. Too cold which made him monstrous. Too loving that made him blind. And now too powerful which made him...

...wrong, apparently. Back and forth and back and forth, never quite settling into the middle but instead swaying past the point of utility over and over and over again.

"The party, then." He agrees. "And a locked door."

~FIN